WalterFootball.com see us as next SB winner!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Not sure if some people knows walterfootball.com (nfl, picks, draft...). He seems pretty smart on fantasy football and mock draft.

Btw check is new 2014 mock draft (kind of funny but it's more a presentation of the 2014 class). Anyway he puts the Seahawks as #32 pick, winning the SB against the Broncos.

Anyway just check for fun : http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

First time I read this in my life :thirishdrinkers:
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• Holy crap, Walter might actually be right about something for once!!!
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• I dont like this at all. I don't like any of the prognosticators picking us.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:I dont like this at all. I don't like any of the prognosticators picking us.

Lol, why not? It's not like we are going to sneak up on anyone.

The word is out.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• FlyingGreg wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:I dont like this at all. I don't like any of the prognosticators picking us.

Lol, why not? It's not like we are going to sneak up on anyone.

The word is out.

Same reason so many ninnies around here vote non-Seahawks players up for the Madden Cover. Medieval superstition.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:I dont like this at all. I don't like any of the prognosticators picking us.

Me neither. But we better get used to it - Seahawks are going to see a lot of this in the coming months.

Has there ever been a year where the Seahawks were a frequent -- perhaps even obvious - pick for the Super Bowl? Even when we went to XL, we were not exactly a fantastic team the year before, finishing 9-8. Going to take a while to get used to this feeling of being one of the favorites.
    HawkFanNC
    NET Rookie

• I love how much Walter's opinion on us has changed in less than a full year.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Walter is a MORON! Said we had the worst draft in history or something last year. Kept calling Pete Bazuzu (whatever the hell that means).

Here's what he wrote about us after the draft last year:

4. One such inept franchise is Seattle. What the hell is Pete Carroll doing? James Carpenter was a horrific reach at No. 25 last year, but Bruce Irvin was a billion times worse. He's just an athlete playing football, and he can only do one thing on the field. Plus, he was arrested for robbery earlier in his life and recently was arrested again for ruining public property. There's no way he should have gone in the top four rounds. Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades because I gave Seattle the worst grade in the history of this Web site.

Yeah, Walter can go fornicate with himself. Bandwagon's all full Walter. Go back to gobbling Steeler knob like usual...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Yeah, I wouldn't rate Walter as a smart guy personally, from what I've seen from him over the years.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• Walter's an idiot. Basically.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Let me get this straight.

You ninnies are getting your pantys all in a bunch from some fantasy poster?

Perhaps you should be discussing him/her in the fantasy forum.

nawww to sensible.

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• He's not some "fantasy poster". He runs a big site that covers the NFL draft as well as other sports. It now contains some fantasy sports advice, but the main thrust of Walterfootball has always been the NFL draft.

Walter himself isn't smart, but he's at least had some decent guest writers. IIRC, he's a Rams fan and has made it no secret that he hates the Seahawks, probably more than any other team. That's part of why it's so eyebrow raising to see him pick the Seahawks to win it all.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• You'd have to be a complete idiot to overlook (no pun intended) Russell Wilsons stellar Rook Season, and the trajectery he's headed in.
    Not really a bold prediction at all, in fact, it's probably the safest pick that he had to make.
    Now Carroll needs to send him a dunce hat for his doubting he and John Schneiders SKILL at finding REAL legitimate football players out and away from all the fanfare and fooferah. :th2thumbs:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• The Radish wrote:Let me get this straight.

You ninnies are getting your pantys all in a bunch from some fantasy poster?

Perhaps you should be discussing him/her in the fantasy forum.

nawww to sensible.

:141847_bnono:

Huh?

Methinks someone has never visited walterfootball before... :roll:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

• I'm not a huge walterfootball fan and I dont want to defend him (that's need to be crystal clear) but did you see someone who liked our draft last year? Did we get a better grade than D or C? It was understandable and most of these "draft analysis" admitted they were wrong and that our draft turned to be awesome.

Btw walterfootball hates the Seahawks, it's obvious and at least he said it compared to some "pro". What I kinda respect on this website is the scouting report and the coverage of event like Senior Bowl and Combine. It's pro, complete and I personally learn a lot of stuff thanks to his scouting work (he's not alone doing that for the website and I'd even say most of the scouting report come from other guys).

And yeah, he also gives some fantasy advices and seriously he's very good in sleepers ranking.

PS: anyway this is not the point, just sayin a guy who hates the Seahawks put them at #32 in the 2014 draft and, whoever is this guys, whatever it means, I like it and it feels GOOD.
    Coxal
    NET Rookie

• Seahawks have got to be the most bipolar fanbase.

No media attention: "WTF! Damn East Coast bias, we never get respect."
    Media attention: "I dont like this one bit, we're going to have a target on our back now."

I for one love every ounce of media attention we get, and that includes Shermans trash talk.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

I read a few articles last off season picking Baltimore to win it all.

So it's okay, it's okay man.
    DericLee
    NET Veteran

• Coxal wrote:I'm not a huge walterfootball fan and I dont want to defend him (that's need to be crystal clear) but did you see someone who liked our draft last year? Did we get a better grade than D or C?

I forgot how I found this video (think someone posted it in comments at the Times site), but this guy gave the Seahawks an A- draft grade, predicted Russell Wilson to be the Day 1 starter (in May!), gave great valuations to Irvin, Wagner and Turbin and highlighted Lane and Guy as potential contributors. Probably the most prescient analysis of a team's draft class I've ever seen, and especially impressive considering it was so against the grain at the time.

DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Hasselbeck wrote:Walter's an idiot. Basically.

How much do you hate him? Quantify it for us. For example, do you hate him more or less than Wilson?
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

• Steve2222 wrote:Seahawks have got to be the most bipolar fanbase.

No media attention: "WTF! Damn East Coast bias, we never get respect."
    Media attention: "I dont like this one bit, we're going to have a target on our back now."

I for one love every ounce of media attention we get, and that includes Shermans trash talk.

How is that bipolar? We are angry both times. I think hypocritical is the word you were looking for
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

• Walter football panning our draft so hard last year turned me off. He clearly didn't do his homework.

Having said that, this is all part and parcel with having the #1 defense, the 2nd best running game (until RGIII's knee proves otherwise) and the best rookie QB. I'd say that those are hard facts to argue against.

They key for us this year will be home play-off games and perhaps even a BYE.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• DavidSeven wrote:
    Coxal wrote:I'm not a huge walterfootball fan and I dont want to defend him (that's need to be crystal clear) but did you see someone who liked our draft last year? Did we get a better grade than D or C?

I forgot how I found this video (think someone posted it in comments at the Times site), but this guy gave the Seahawks an A- draft grade, predicted Russell Wilson to be the Day 1 starter (in May!), gave great valuations to Irvin, Wagner and Turbin and highlighted Lane and Guy as potential contributors. Probably the most prescient analysis of a team's draft class I've ever seen, and especially impressive considering it was so against the grain at the time.

That's EmDiggy baby! He was spot on wasn't he? This guy should be working for a major network.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Current Vegas odds for the next Super Bowl winner:

Broncos: 7-1

Patriots: 15-2

Niners: 15-2

Packers: 10-1

Seahawks: 12-1

Ravens: 12-1
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

• I gotta give Emdiggy some credit.

"If they start Russell Wilson, I have no doubt they will make the playoffs next year."

Really, who else called that of all the major "pundits" ?

He also called Wilson a close 3rd behind RGIII. The only other guy who saw that coming was Chucky. I love how he ripped up Kiper over the pick at the draft.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information