Kyle Vanden Bosch

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm
  • Would Kyle Vanden Bosch be a good fit for the Seahawks?
    seahawksfan4ever
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Kyle Vanden Bosch
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 pm
  • Yes.
    Omahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm
  • Isnt he old enough to be half of our rosters grandfather?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Isnt he old enough to be half of our rosters grandfather?

If he were on the Seahawks last year the camera would have zoomed in on him and identified him as DC Gus Bradley.

The guy has done somewhat well mostly due to Suh and Avril, I don't think he's at all the solution to our problem.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 pm
  • He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 pm
  • He's turning 35 next season and he's had less than 5 sacks in 4 of the past 5 seasons. KVB is a run stopper so NO he is not a fit.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 pm
  • If we are going after any of Detroit's FA's I want it to be Cliff Avril.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:33 am
  • Guys, as I understand it, Sammy Baugh is no longer with the Redskins. He's got experience as a QB and punter, so maybe his versatility would make him an ideal addition (plus, we could get rid of Flynn's contract).

What do you think?

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.

For real. If I were a MOD, I'd have thrown someone through a fish tank by now. I thought being a MOD was the most thankless, selfless, masochistic job imaginable and that was during the REGULAR season...

The Offseason... my god, I'd hand in my letter of resignation every year once the season ends. Kinda like breaking up with a girl right before her birthday, Christmas, or Valentine's Day. Speaking of which...
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:12 am
  • I think Kyle Van den Bosch is a great player an he has the skill to strengthen any NFL team.

that said, not at the price tag his agent wants to see...
    Cheesehead Seahawk Extraordinaire
    Bipolar
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 am
  • A little long in the tooth for my preference. I think I'd rather see this team maintain it's youthfull enthusiasm... We've gone down the road of over-the-hill and worn-out free agents too many times before.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:58 am
  • I say give us Osi on the D-line and steer clear from Kyle Vanden Bosch. Hasn't Osi stated before that he would love to play in Seattle?
    Dren
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 am
  • Does he come with one of those super strength 'attachments' that Bruce Wayne used in TDKR?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:19 am
  • I think he could be a great addition to the team. I absolutely love his work ethic.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:47 am
  • If we're going to sign someone old, I'd rather sign Osi Umenyiora (hell no I can't spell it)

OR

Dwight Freeney. He isn't a fit in the Colts 3-4 scheme, but I'd be willing to bet he'd look pretty good in our elephant. I highly doubt Clemmons will be ready at the beginning of the season. We either need to draft someone, put Irvin over there and live with some more growing pains (not a bad option...our defense was still good without pass rush), or sign a FA. I think Freeney could fill the elephant roll until Clemmons is really healthy, then occasionally swap sides and rotate in.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am
  • Hawks46 wrote:If we're going to sign someone old, I'd rather sign Osi Umenyiora (hell no I can't spell it)

OR

Dwight Freeney. He isn't a fit in the Colts 3-4 scheme, but I'd be willing to bet he'd look pretty good in our elephant. I highly doubt Clemmons will be ready at the beginning of the season. We either need to draft someone, put Irvin over there and live with some more growing pains (not a bad option...our defense was still good without pass rush), or sign a FA. I think Freeney could fill the elephant roll until Clemmons is really healthy, then occasionally swap sides and rotate in.

I thought about Freeney but the Colts did pay quite a bit to keep Mathis so maybe they'll pay up to retain Freeney as well? I don't think he would do anything against the run though besides get steamrolled.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 am
  • bestfightstory wrote:He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.

This.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 am
  • NYCoug wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.

For real. If I were a MOD, I'd have thrown someone through a fish tank by now. I thought being a MOD was the most thankless, selfless, masochistic job imaginable and that was during the REGULAR season...

The Offseason... my god, I'd hand in my letter of resignation every year once the season ends. Kinda like breaking up with a girl right before her birthday, Christmas, or Valentine's Day. Speaking of which...

And this......imagine what's to become of our main forum when teams really start cutting players.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 am
  • I rather get some one that can pass rush. KVB is a run stopper. I would like a vet who can teach Bruce something different that Clemons teaches. Bring in Osi.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 pm
  • 12th_Bob wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:If we're going to sign someone old, I'd rather sign Osi Umenyiora (hell no I can't spell it)

OR

I thought about Freeney but the Colts did pay quite a bit to keep Mathis so maybe they'll pay up to retain Freeney as well? I don't think he would do anything against the run though besides get steamrolled.

Picking up a 30+ year old Dlineman is something you talk bout at the end of an offseason, not the beginning. Freeney is old and had very little impact for the Colts this year. KVB is ancient and has seen diminished stats for several years now.
    benbu75
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information