Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Kyle Vanden Bosch
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Would Kyle Vanden Bosch be a good fit for the Seahawks?

Post subject: Re: Kyle Vanden Bosch
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 pm 
NET Veteran

Yes.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Isnt he old enough to be half of our rosters grandfather?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:22 pm 
NET Veteran

JSeahawks wrote:
Isnt he old enough to be half of our rosters grandfather?

If he were on the Seahawks last year the camera would have zoomed in on him and identified him as DC Gus Bradley.

The guy has done somewhat well mostly due to Suh and Avril, I don't think he's at all the solution to our problem.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 pm 
* Glitter over Knives *

He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 pm 
NET Veteran

He's turning 35 next season and he's had less than 5 sacks in 4 of the past 5 seasons. KVB is a run stopper so NO he is not a fit.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

If we are going after any of Detroit's FA's I want it to be Cliff Avril.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:33 am 
NET Veteran

Guys, as I understand it, Sammy Baugh is no longer with the Redskins. He's got experience as a QB and punter, so maybe his versatility would make him an ideal addition (plus, we could get rid of Flynn's contract).

What do you think?

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 am 
NET Veteran

bestfightstory wrote:
He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.

For real. If I were a MOD, I'd have thrown someone through a fish tank by now. I thought being a MOD was the most thankless, selfless, masochistic job imaginable and that was during the REGULAR season...

The Offseason... my god, I'd hand in my letter of resignation every year once the season ends. Kinda like breaking up with a girl right before her birthday, Christmas, or Valentine's Day. Speaking of which...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:12 am 
NET Veteran

I think Kyle Van den Bosch is a great player an he has the skill to strengthen any NFL team.

that said, not at the price tag his agent wants to see...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 am 
NET Veteran

A little long in the tooth for my preference. I think I'd rather see this team maintain it's youthfull enthusiasm... We've gone down the road of over-the-hill and worn-out free agents too many times before.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:58 am 
NET Bench Warmer

I say give us Osi on the D-line and steer clear from Kyle Vanden Bosch. Hasn't Osi stated before that he would love to play in Seattle?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 am 
* NET Philistine *

Does he come with one of those super strength 'attachments' that Bruce Wayne used in TDKR?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:19 am 
NET Veteran

I think he could be a great addition to the team. I absolutely love his work ethic.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:47 am 
NET Veteran

If we're going to sign someone old, I'd rather sign Osi Umenyiora (hell no I can't spell it)

OR

Dwight Freeney. He isn't a fit in the Colts 3-4 scheme, but I'd be willing to bet he'd look pretty good in our elephant. I highly doubt Clemmons will be ready at the beginning of the season. We either need to draft someone, put Irvin over there and live with some more growing pains (not a bad option...our defense was still good without pass rush), or sign a FA. I think Freeney could fill the elephant roll until Clemmons is really healthy, then occasionally swap sides and rotate in.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am 
NET Veteran

Hawks46 wrote:
If we're going to sign someone old, I'd rather sign Osi Umenyiora (hell no I can't spell it)

OR

Dwight Freeney. He isn't a fit in the Colts 3-4 scheme, but I'd be willing to bet he'd look pretty good in our elephant. I highly doubt Clemmons will be ready at the beginning of the season. We either need to draft someone, put Irvin over there and live with some more growing pains (not a bad option...our defense was still good without pass rush), or sign a FA. I think Freeney could fill the elephant roll until Clemmons is really healthy, then occasionally swap sides and rotate in.

I thought about Freeney but the Colts did pay quite a bit to keep Mathis so maybe they'll pay up to retain Freeney as well? I don't think he would do anything against the run though besides get steamrolled.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 am 
* NET Alumni *

bestfightstory wrote:

This.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 am 
* NET Alumni *

NYCoug wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:

For real. If I were a MOD, I'd have thrown someone through a fish tank by now. I thought being a MOD was the most thankless, selfless, masochistic job imaginable and that was during the REGULAR season...

The Offseason... my god, I'd hand in my letter of resignation every year once the season ends. Kinda like breaking up with a girl right before her birthday, Christmas, or Valentine's Day. Speaking of which...

And this......imagine what's to become of our main forum when teams really start cutting players.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 am 
NET Veteran

I rather get some one that can pass rush. KVB is a run stopper. I would like a vet who can teach Bruce something different that Clemons teaches. Bring in Osi.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:32 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

12th_Bob wrote:
Hawks46 wrote:

OR

I thought about Freeney but the Colts did pay quite a bit to keep Mathis so maybe they'll pay up to retain Freeney as well? I don't think he would do anything against the run though besides get steamrolled.

Picking up a 30+ year old Dlineman is something you talk bout at the end of an offseason, not the beginning. Freeney is old and had very little impact for the Colts this year. KVB is ancient and has seen diminished stats for several years now.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]