Season Ticket Prices Increasing

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Season Ticket Prices Increasing
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 pm
  • Just got an email from the Hawks saying that ticket prices are going up an average of 7% next year. Can't say I'm particularly surprised. They could raise prices 25 percent and still sell out the stadium right now. This is definitely a seller's market.

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Mine didn't go up that much ($60) and I completely understand why they did it.

Stadium is going to be awesome next season!
    2008 University of Washington Graduate- B.A. in Sociology
    2011 Seattle University Graduate- Masters Degree in Sports Administration
    seahawksfan28
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:55 pm
  • Not too bad. Im excited about some of the improvements they are making that they mentioned in the email.
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Ours went up 4 bucks each, and nothing last year, so could be worse.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 pm
  • up $5.00 and nothing last....so not too bad.
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm
  • I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

Any ideas what the "most available" seats are?

I've heard there are equity type seats where you put $XXXX down and then pay your season ticket price. That's what I'd be most interested in. I've heard the nest is impossible, which is okay with me. Any idea if there is a waiting list, and if so, how long?

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm
  • BocciHawk wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...

Wow....that means you bought in during the "bad years". Some thanks, huh?? Only reason my family's tickets in a similar area are "only" going up 15 percent is we've had them a long time.

This is why the owners deserved no sympathy in their last battle with the players...they are just as ruthless.
    camdawg
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm
  • BocciHawk wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...

I'll take them :D

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm
  • If I don't upgrade, mine went up ~$30 for the season. I can handle that.

If I upgrade it went from a $350 jump to a $400 jump...

Seahawk Fan Problems...
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm
  • My Charter B seats went up by $150 a seat (15%) this year. I think we were about due, though, because we have had
    some of the lowest year-to-year increases in the Stadium. It seems like I've been paying an even $100 per seat per game for a long time.

It also boils down to $15 per seat per game, which isn't too bad. I just wish the preseason games were half price (or free!).
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm
  • Mine went up by 10% or $100.00 for 2 seats. $5.00/game per seat. One less beer, if I go. Another year protecting this house. Suck it rival fans. Hee hee ...
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 pm
  • For those of us that dont get the sweet season ticket holder emails, what improvements were mentioned?
    Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

I've heard there are equity type seats where you put $XXXX down and then pay your season ticket price. That's what I'd be most interested in. I've heard the nest is impossible, which is okay with me. Any idea if there is a waiting list, and if so, how long?

Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

FWIW the Seahawks will act as escrow i.e. you can sign an agreement to purchase, the seller signs the same agreement, you confirm with the Seahawks that they do in fact own those PSL and that the Seahawks will transfer the license to you contingent on payment, and then you pay them.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm
  • camdawg wrote:
    BocciHawk wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...

Wow....that means you bought in during the "bad years". Some thanks, huh?? Only reason my family's tickets in a similar area are "only" going up 15 percent is we've had them a long time.

This is why the owners deserved no sympathy in their last battle with the players...they are just as ruthless.

Yes, I had season tickets for a couple of seasons before Holmgren arrived...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm
  • My first year was Holmgren's first year as coach back in '99. Last year in the Kingdome, $25 a pop. Those were the days....
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:47 pm
  • BocciHawk wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

FWIW the Seahawks will act as escrow i.e. you can sign an agreement to purchase, the seller signs the same agreement, you confirm with the Seahawks that they do in fact own those PSL and that the Seahawks will transfer the license to you contingent on payment, and then you pay them.

Excellent information. I am very appreciative! Any idea what the best avenue for getting a hold of the secondary market? Is the PSL attached to the exact seats?

Thanks,
    Luke

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 pm
  • BocciHawk wrote:Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

I don't think it is a 30 year license for the Charter seats....I think it is as long as the Seahawks play in that stadium....

http://web2.seahawks.com/SubContent.aspx?SecID=53
    Tivopaul
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 am
  • Tivopaul wrote:
    BocciHawk wrote:Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

I don't think it is a 30 year license for the Charter seats....I think it is as long as the Seahawks play in that stadium....

http://web2.seahawks.com/SubContent.aspx?SecID=53

This is correct. As long as the stadium currently known as Clink is home to the Seahawks the charter license is valid. I think the Stadium will last a lot longer than 30 years! I actually reviewed the charter agreement I signed and see nothing about 30 years so not sure where that is coming from. Perhaps they just had to use a projected time horizon when doing the initial price modeling.
    BoatsAndHose
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm
  • Very odd. I could have sworn that the CSL agreement said we had the rights to buy tickets for 30 years. I've asked my rep for a copy of the agreement that I signed as I can't find mine (or more accurately, it's in a folder in a box in the garage, which for all intents and purposes, means I won't find it).
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm
  • I called ticket office and they said the CSL is good as long as the stadium is there.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:I called ticket office and they said the CSL is good as long as the stadium is there.

That's what my PSL contract says.

Awesome Seahawks commercial in NBC primetime tonight to pimp season ticket sales. I'm ready for Training Camp
    to start!
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:48 pm
  • Here's a question. I asked them to send me a copy of my PSL paperwork and all they sent was the first page, which is signatures and that sort of thing.

The rest of the paperwork is all boilerplate, Exhibit A, Exhibit B and so on.

Anyone care to scan everything but the first page, and put it up on the net or upload it here? That would be helpful...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 pm
  • here is what they said on CSL marketplace.

What are Seattle Seahawks CSLs (Charter Seat Licenses)?

If you purchase CSLs from a current season ticket holder, you become the new season ticket holder for those exact seats for all future seasons.

they didn't say how many years the CSL will last. I also called Seahawks ticket office and they told me the same: the CSL will last as long as Seahawks still pay in that stadium. btw, i am looking forward to buying some CSL for my family. If anyone want to move some, pls PM me. thanks!
    rickychen
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm
  • I did end up getting a copy and can confirm that there's nothing in there about 30 years. Sorry if I flustered anyone.

I probably got confused as I know there are other organizations that have a time limit on PSL / CSL i.e. they all expire 30 years from the first season they play in the building. I assume that's to give the organization flexibility and/or allow them to dip their beak again...
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information