JSeahawks: Recruiting rumors?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: JSeahawks: Recruiting rumors?
Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:19 pm
  • at this point nico falah is 50/50, his twitter account is a rollercoaster, one day he posts stuff on USC. the next day it's UW. Myles not taking a trip to UW pretty much seels it to UCLA. I have no clue about the robinson twins, they may actually end up splitting (agreed Lorenzo probably had a lot to do with ASJ as well as these two). Vanderdoes could end up at USC UCLA ND or Bama (we are a longshot) the key to this class will be to keep Daeshon Hall and to land either the twins or one of those people above. BTW I'm shocked Reuben didn't end up at Auburn
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:42 pm
  • Twins are announcing tomorrow morning at 7:30. Sucks, about 10 minutes after I have to leave for work.

Sounds like USC is going pretty hard after UW commit Jermaine Kelly, after USC lost 3 guys today.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Twins are announcing tomorrow morning at 7:30. Sucks, about 10 minutes after I have to leave for work.

Sounds like USC is going pretty hard after UW commit Jermaine Kelly, after USC lost 3 guys today.

Bob Condotta seems to indicate rumors are that Kelly's pretty solid to UW, unlike Cyler Miles last year. Sucks about the twins. Was hearing they might announce tonight.

Edit: Jermaine Kelly's father has apparently stated that they are sticking with UW.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 pm
  • Kelly's father says he's signing the the UW. Kelly's coach says to expect a 'surprise', whatever that's supposed to mean.

Of people not yet committed, UW likely signs LB Keishawn Bierra tomorrow.

The names to watch from a UW perspective will be Hall, Falah, and the Robinson's. It would not be a surprise if they got all four, or none of the four.

Outside of the Robinson's, what names will Oregon be waiting on?
    drrew
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:37 pm
  • drrew wrote:Kelly's father says he's signing the the UW. Kelly's coach says to expect a 'surprise', whatever that's supposed to mean.

Of people not yet committed, UW likely signs LB Keishawn Bierra tomorrow.

The names to watch from a UW perspective will be Hall, Falah, and the Robinson's. It would not be a surprise if they got all four, or none of the four.

Outside of the Robinson's, what names will Oregon be waiting on?

Cameron Hunt a 4* o'linemen is flipping from Cal. Thats like 99% sure.

Torrodney Prevot a 4* DE is likely decommiting from USC and it sounds like its between Oregon and Texas A&M with most thinking A&M has the slight lead. I have a feeling A&M will end up with either Prevot or Hall, and our northwest schools will get the other.

Zach Cunningham is a 4* lb from alabama who's choosing between us and Vanderbilt. I think we're too far away. I'd put the ducks at about a 15% chance.

We're slghtly in the pictuer for Davin Bellamy, a 4* DE from georgia, but I think he's all Georgia.

Btw, take it for what its worth, but i'm 90% confident the Twins are going to stick with Oregon based on what some mods are hearing from sources on my ducks site. But its not over til the fax is sent in.

Dontre Wilson a 4* RB/WR was probably the 2nd best player in our class but he just flipped to Ohio State last night. He was going to play teh De'Anthony Thomas position. So luckily it wasnt a huge area of need.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:18 pm
  • Tyree/Tyrell announcing at 6:45am apparently.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:16 am
  • Looks like Tyree/Tyrell going to choose Oregon. I got all excited, too.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:24 am
  • Oregon t'Wins The Day. Here's Tyree this morning:

JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 am
  • Bummer. Needless to say, Romar could've used the help, too. And rumors are swirling that Hall's going to flip. Even without those players it's an impressive recruiting class, but definitely a bummer to end with a disappointment.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 am

Well. THAT can't be a good sign.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:48 am
  • Looks like the UW loses Hall, but there's some news that they may be grabbing Joe Sanders DE/DT out of Georgia who was a Tennessee commit and came up to Seattle with Reuben Foster on a visit.

Sanders isn't the same type of player as Hall, but he'd be a nice consolation prize.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:59 am
  • LB Keishawn Bierria signs with UW. He was headed to Oregon State before UW came in late. Oregon also considered him, but didn't end up offering and made a push for Johnny Ragin instead.

Bierria became a priority for the UW when it became pretty clear that Myles Jack was not going to flip from UCLA.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:35 am
  • drrew wrote:Looks like the UW loses Hall, but there's some news that they may be grabbing Joe Sanders DE/DT out of Georgia who was a Tennessee commit and came up to Seattle with Reuben Foster on a visit.

Sanders isn't the same type of player as Hall, but he'd be a nice consolation prize.

A&M has 33 commits which is an insane number.

Torrodney Prevot announcing in a few minutes between A&M, Oregon and USC. Feel a little bit better about the Ducks chances after Hall flipped.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 am
  • And... QUACK! 4* DE from Texas Torrodney Prevot picks Oregon. A Dawg flip pushes a former USC commit to Oregon? Thats awesome!

As expected the Ducks also flipped Cameron Hunt a 4* o'linemen from Cal.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:44 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    drrew wrote:Looks like the UW loses Hall, but there's some news that they may be grabbing Joe Sanders DE/DT out of Georgia who was a Tennessee commit and came up to Seattle with Reuben Foster on a visit.

A&M has 33 commits which is an insane number.

Torrodney Prevot announcing in a few minutes between A&M, Oregon and USC. Feel a little bit better about the Ducks chances after Hall flipped.

I've never understood the massive oversigning that goes on in the SEC. It really should have been addressed in the latest recruiting changes the NCAA put in place because in the end, a certain number of kids will get screwed.

It's certainly not his fault, but Daeshon Hall signing with A&M costs a lower rated kid his chance to start school at A&M in the fall. That's just BS.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 am
  • Big day for Oregon, closed really strong.

UW ends up with a strong WR and DL class, which were definite weaknesses, but could have used a stronger OL group.

Over on the other side of the state, the Cougars are sweating bullets as rumors swirl that their star QB recruit, Tyler Bruggman, may flip to Arizona State. They're painfully thin at the the position and can't afford to lose him.
    drrew
    NET Starter

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 am
  • Props to Coach Helfrich. I thought it might be a disaster when Chip Kelly left. He kept the class together (except for Dontre Wilson) and added a whole bunch of exciting pieces.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:22 pm
  • Bruggman signed. I like how the class rounded out, 7 OL and a ton of DL, just what we needed.
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information