Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:25 pm 
* NET Injury Guru *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
Posts: 1518
Location: Poulsbo, WA
Just got an email from the Hawks saying that ticket prices are going up an average of 7% next year. Can't say I'm particularly surprised. They could raise prices 25 percent and still sell out the stadium right now. This is definitely a seller's market.

_________________
Image

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:03 pm
Posts: 718
Location: Seattle, WA
Mine didn't go up that much ($60) and I completely understand why they did it.

Stadium is going to be awesome next season!

_________________
Image
2008 University of Washington Graduate- B.A. in Sociology
2011 Seattle University Graduate- Masters Degree in Sports Administration


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:34 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 9:21 am
Posts: 6
PDF of new ticket prices is up. Big change is they split the charter seat prices by section.

http://www.seahawks.com/ms/2013/renew/p ... ricing.pdf


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:55 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 pm
Posts: 882
Not too bad. Im excited about some of the improvements they are making that they mentioned in the email.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 850
Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2346
Location: Sammamish, WA
Ours went up 4 bucks each, and nothing last year, so could be worse.

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:05 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:31 am
Posts: 1131
Location: Washington
up $5.00 and nothing last....so not too bad.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

Any ideas what the "most available" seats are?

I've heard there are equity type seats where you put $XXXX down and then pay your season ticket price. That's what I'd be most interested in. I've heard the nest is impossible, which is okay with me. Any idea if there is a waiting list, and if so, how long?

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 pm
Posts: 91
BocciHawk wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...


Wow....that means you bought in during the "bad years". Some thanks, huh?? Only reason my family's tickets in a similar area are "only" going up 15 percent is we've had them a long time.

This is why the owners deserved no sympathy in their last battle with the players...they are just as ruthless.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
BocciHawk wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...


I'll take them :D

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:22 pm 
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
*BRONZE SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 347
If I don't upgrade, mine went up ~$30 for the season. I can handle that.

If I upgrade it went from a $350 jump to a $400 jump...

Seahawk Fan Problems...

_________________
Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm 
* NET Recluse *
* NET Recluse *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 2470
My Charter B seats went up by $150 a seat (15%) this year. I think we were about due, though, because we have had
some of the lowest year-to-year increases in the Stadium. It seems like I've been paying an even $100 per seat per game for a long time.

It also boils down to $15 per seat per game, which isn't too bad. I just wish the preseason games were half price (or free!).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
Posts: 8853
Location: Covington, Washington
Mine went up by 10% or $100.00 for 2 seats. $5.00/game per seat. One less beer, if I go. Another year protecting this house. Suck it rival fans. Hee hee ...

_________________
Image
Leon Washington 2010-2012 Sidney Rice 2011-2013 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2036
For those of us that dont get the sweet season ticket holder emails, what improvements were mentioned?

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:45 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 850
lukerguy wrote:
I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

Any ideas what the "most available" seats are?

I've heard there are equity type seats where you put $XXXX down and then pay your season ticket price. That's what I'd be most interested in. I've heard the nest is impossible, which is okay with me. Any idea if there is a waiting list, and if so, how long?


Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

FWIW the Seahawks will act as escrow i.e. you can sign an agreement to purchase, the seller signs the same agreement, you confirm with the Seahawks that they do in fact own those PSL and that the Seahawks will transfer the license to you contingent on payment, and then you pay them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 850
camdawg wrote:
BocciHawk wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...


Wow....that means you bought in during the "bad years". Some thanks, huh?? Only reason my family's tickets in a similar area are "only" going up 15 percent is we've had them a long time.

This is why the owners deserved no sympathy in their last battle with the players...they are just as ruthless.


Yes, I had season tickets for a couple of seasons before Holmgren arrived...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:20 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:05 am
Posts: 1036
My first year was Holmgren's first year as coach back in '99. Last year in the Kingdome, $25 a pop. Those were the days....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
BocciHawk wrote:
lukerguy wrote:
I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

Any ideas what the "most available" seats are?

I've heard there are equity type seats where you put $XXXX down and then pay your season ticket price. That's what I'd be most interested in. I've heard the nest is impossible, which is okay with me. Any idea if there is a waiting list, and if so, how long?


Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

FWIW the Seahawks will act as escrow i.e. you can sign an agreement to purchase, the seller signs the same agreement, you confirm with the Seahawks that they do in fact own those PSL and that the Seahawks will transfer the license to you contingent on payment, and then you pay them.


Excellent information. I am very appreciative! Any idea what the best avenue for getting a hold of the secondary market? Is the PSL attached to the exact seats?

Thanks,
Luke

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:09 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:44 am
Posts: 37
Location: Issaquah, WA
Mine went up 5.5%. Details about season ticket holder "enhancements" can be found at:

http://www.seahawks.com/tickets/season- ... index.html

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:47 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 pm
Posts: 11
BocciHawk wrote:
Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.


I don't think it is a 30 year license for the Charter seats....I think it is as long as the Seahawks play in that stadium....

http://web2.seahawks.com/SubContent.aspx?SecID=53


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:11 pm
Posts: 52
Tivopaul wrote:
BocciHawk wrote:
Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.


I don't think it is a 30 year license for the Charter seats....I think it is as long as the Seahawks play in that stadium....

http://web2.seahawks.com/SubContent.aspx?SecID=53


This is correct. As long as the stadium currently known as Clink is home to the Seahawks the charter license is valid. I think the Stadium will last a lot longer than 30 years! I actually reviewed the charter agreement I signed and see nothing about 30 years so not sure where that is coming from. Perhaps they just had to use a projected time horizon when doing the initial price modeling.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 850
Very odd. I could have sworn that the CSL agreement said we had the rights to buy tickets for 30 years. I've asked my rep for a copy of the agreement that I signed as I can't find mine (or more accurately, it's in a folder in a box in the garage, which for all intents and purposes, means I won't find it).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 1363
I called ticket office and they said the CSL is good as long as the stadium is there.

_________________
Image

"We all we got, we all we need"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40 pm 
* NET Recluse *
* NET Recluse *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 2470
lukerguy wrote:
I called ticket office and they said the CSL is good as long as the stadium is there.


That's what my PSL contract says.

Awesome Seahawks commercial in NBC primetime tonight to pimp season ticket sales. I'm ready for Training Camp
to start!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:48 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 850
Here's a question. I asked them to send me a copy of my PSL paperwork and all they sent was the first page, which is signatures and that sort of thing.

The rest of the paperwork is all boilerplate, Exhibit A, Exhibit B and so on.

Anyone care to scan everything but the first page, and put it up on the net or upload it here? That would be helpful...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:08 pm
Posts: 43
here is what they said on CSL marketplace.

What are Seattle Seahawks CSLs (Charter Seat Licenses)?

If you purchase CSLs from a current season ticket holder, you become the new season ticket holder for those exact seats for all future seasons.

they didn't say how many years the CSL will last. I also called Seahawks ticket office and they told me the same: the CSL will last as long as Seahawks still pay in that stadium. btw, i am looking forward to buying some CSL for my family. If anyone want to move some, pls PM me. thanks!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Season Ticket Prices Increasing
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Posts: 850
I did end up getting a copy and can confirm that there's nothing in there about 30 years. Sorry if I flustered anyone.

I probably got confused as I know there are other organizations that have a time limit on PSL / CSL i.e. they all expire 30 years from the first season they play in the building. I assume that's to give the organization flexibility and/or allow them to dip their beak again...


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.