Macklemore, true 12th man

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Largent80":2jrbseqj said:
I'm may be older but I know what my own ears like to hear, and his crap isn't it. OK, great he is a Hawk fan, so am I. He is some sort of celebrity? And I am supposed to go...oh yeah mackeral, you are awesome?

Nope.

#1 song in the country, and he's a Seattle guy, that's pretty cool right?

C'mon man, don't be a hater! :D

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score

Attachments

• haters-gonna-hate-kid.jpg
    haters-gonna-hate-kid.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 3,733
  • Key_Arena.jpg
    Key_Arena.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 3,733

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't hate anything, I just don't care for what he does. Doesn't make me a hater, and really? mainstream means everyone follows?

Not me, I don't follow shit I don't like regardless of what Joe Blow follows.

People here don't like the band Rush, does that make them a hater?

I said Good on him for being a Hawk fan. So am I. There is no difference between us as fans except he wasn't even born when I was cheering for them.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Largent80":2jpuy5l6 said:
There is no difference between us as fans except he wasn't even born when I was cheering for them.

Well... and um... he did get to go up on the Space Needle and raise the 12th Man flag. You must have turned them down when they asked? ;)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly though, Rob, you're probably a much bigger Seahawks fan than Mack, but he's got a voice now and he's representing Seattle and doing a pretty good job of it, I'd say. You don't have to like his music. Hell, I don't even really like his music for the most part. But you don't have to be a hater about it. :twisted:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Donk70":exkirkgu said:
Who is he and why should I know him?

He's a Seattle area rapper and supporter of equality who recently achieved international fame and success. He's also a good dude who is representing the city of Seattle very well around the world. I don't know if that means you should know him or not though.

Largent80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":aw016jue said:
Hate his music all you want, but why insult him, Rob?

I insulted?...how/where?...I said I don't like his "music". I gave him props for the 12th man shit. We are all 12's so whats the big friggin deal Roland?

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
They've been using part of his and Ryan Lewis' song "Can't Hold Us" as the touchdown celebration at the CLink. Personally the song gets me pumped. And also jacked.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":37cu4kfl said:
I insulted?...how/where?...I said I don't like his "music". I gave him props for the 12th man shit. We are all 12's so whats the big friggin deal Roland?

Snidely referring to him as "Mackerel" seems like an intentional insult.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Listening to a lot of his songs, since his music is new to me.

"My oh my" These lyrics brought a tear to my eye:

My oh My another victory yes, my city my city.
Childhood my life watchin' Griffey right under those lights

My oh My come on, my city my city childhood my life that's right under those lights
It's my city my city childhood my life Niehaus My oh My Rest in peace.

Love how he reps Seattle :th2thumbs:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89103 ... n-magazine

That's how Haggerty found himself at the top of the Space Needle in January, two days before the start of the Seahawks' unlikely postseason adventure. He and some of the city's other famous musicians were invited by Mayor Mike McGinn to raise the 12th-man flag. Haggerty, smiling as if he'd just pulled off a second unlikely heist, stepped up and said, "My name is Macklemore. My real name is Ben. I'm here on top of the Space Needle to come out and support the Seahawks. We're taking it this weekend! 21-7, my prediction."

garydrake425

Reaction score
I think somebody is butthurt because they can't read so well and made them self look silly for a moment. I like your username but don't care for your avatar much. :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: Loved it!!! Keep it pimpin Mack. Go Hawks!!!

CornerHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":20a2lc90 said:
I'm may be older but I know what my own ears like to hear, and his crap isn't it. OK, great he is a Hawk fan, so am I. He is some sort of celebrity? And I am supposed to go...oh yeah mackeral, you are awesome?

Nope.

Is it crap? Or is it crap because you don't like it?