How do you guys feel about our chances with Reuben Foster?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • It looks as though the number 1 inside linebacker in the nation could be headed to Seattle.

    Everywhere that I've read says that UW has all the momentum with Foster heading into signing day. Coach Sark and Coach Lupoi have been a relationship with him that is giving everyone high hopes.

    Do you all think we've got him? Or will Bama scoop him up?
    User avatar
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm


  • I'd be shocked if he's anywhere other then Alabama. I havnt seen a single national writer or "expert" predict Washington. But its recruiting, so who knows.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18498
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • I don't know what you're reading OL Fan, because it's the opposite of all I've seen. Everything I've seen thinks there's essentially 0 chance he goes to UW.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2091
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • aaaand just like that he's down to Bama, Auburn and Georgia. This kid is all over the place.
    User avatar
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm


  • O-LineFan wrote:aaaand just like that he's down to Bama, Auburn and Georgia. This kid is all over the place.


    Was your source Dawgman?
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18498
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon



  • O-LineFan wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I don't know what you're reading OL Fan, because it's the opposite of all I've seen. Everything I've seen thinks there's essentially 0 chance he goes to UW.


    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/college ... t?id=10285

    the first part of an Insider article.

    and then, bear with me, a bleacher report article with quotes from the above article:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1484 ... ben-foster


    Ah, well there's your problem right there. That article is 2 weeks old. That might as well be 10 years ago in the recruiting world.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18498
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    O-LineFan wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:I don't know what you're reading OL Fan, because it's the opposite of all I've seen. Everything I've seen thinks there's essentially 0 chance he goes to UW.


    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/college ... t?id=10285

    the first part of an Insider article.

    and then, bear with me, a bleacher report article with quotes from the above article:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1484 ... ben-foster


    Ah, well there's your problem right there. That article is 2 weeks old. That might as well be 10 years ago in the recruiting world.


    oooh ok. Tonight's the first night I've really dug into recruiting stuff (without a membership to any recruiting sites).

    How's Oregon looking?
    User avatar
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm


  • If you're looking for UW upsets, the Robinson twins, Tyrell and Tyree, are probably the best bet for an upset on signing day. There hasn't been much talk about Vanderdoes and UW anymore, and Nico seems to publically be leaning to USC. Myles Jack has given indications that he's leaning UCLA, though many still think he might flip.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2091
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • O-LineFan wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Ah, well there's your problem right there. That article is 2 weeks old. That might as well be 10 years ago in the recruiting world.


    oooh ok. Tonight's the first night I've really dug into recruiting stuff (without a membership to any recruiting sites).

    How's Oregon looking?


    Tough recruiting cycle losing Chip Kelly a few weeks before signing day. Probably losing a few of our 4 star commits (maybe the twins to UW, we'll find out in a couple days). But, i'm satisfied with the class.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18498
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    O-LineFan wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Ah, well there's your problem right there. That article is 2 weeks old. That might as well be 10 years ago in the recruiting world.


    oooh ok. Tonight's the first night I've really dug into recruiting stuff (without a membership to any recruiting sites).

    How's Oregon looking?


    Tough recruiting cycle losing Chip Kelly a few weeks before signing day. Probably losing a few of our 4 star commits (maybe the twins to UW, we'll find out in a couple days). But, i'm satisfied with the class.


    I'm surprised you're satisfied. UW would be having a conniption with a similar class. I guess that's the benefit of a young championship-caliber roster - don't have to freak out over a single down year.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2091
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


  • Wow, sounds like things could get shaken up a little this year. With all the talk of Chip Kelly in Phili, I completely forgot about the impact on Oregon...

    Could be a very interesting Pac-12 this year.

    Thanks for the heads up about the twins as well Jkitsune. Gives me a good starting place to learn more about this years class.
    User avatar
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm


  • jkitsune wrote:
    I'm surprised you're satisfied. UW would be having a conniption with a similar class. I guess that's the benefit of a young championship-caliber roster - don't have to freak out over a single down year.


    Right now our class is rated between 14th and 20th depending which service you look at. Thats a lot better then any of the classes we had leading up to our national championship appearance.

    of course i'd like to have all 4 and 5 stars, but at Oregon its more about developing players and getting the right players in position to succed then getting all of the highly rated kids. We have the best coaching staff in the country even without chip kelly, imo.

    Basically, we'll win with win them, or we'll win without them. (sorry if that sounds egotistical, its just the way I feel about recruiting)
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18498
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • O-LineFan wrote:Wow, sounds like things could get shaken up a little this year. With all the talk of Chip Kelly in Phili, I completely forgot about the impact on Oregon...

    Could be a very interesting Pac-12 this year.

    Thanks for the heads up about the twins as well Jkitsune. Gives me a good starting place to learn more about this years class.


    Ducks will have the most talented 2 deep roster they've ever had next year.

    Although we just lost Dontre Wilson to Ohio State as i type this. NEXT!
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18498
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • That's a good way to look at things Jseahawks. It's easy to get caught up on that one player that will "change the program." I've seen in before in the college world even though I haven't really delved until now.

    Can't argue with Oregon's success, but it will be interesting to see if the longevity continues without Kelly.

    One thing is for sure: they know how to condition their athletes...
    User avatar
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm


  • Foster should have fun scrubbing that Auburn tattoo off his calf.
    drrew
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 422
    Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am


  • drrew wrote:Foster should have fun scrubbing that Auburn tattoo off his calf.


    haha, the reaction in the locker room should be interesting...
    User avatar
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm


  • drrew wrote:Foster should have fun scrubbing that Auburn tattoo off his calf.


    Should have chosen Washington and gotten an apartment in the city of Auburn.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18498
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


  • JSeahawks wrote:
    drrew wrote:Foster should have fun scrubbing that Auburn tattoo off his calf.


    Should have chosen Washington and gotten an apartment in the city of Auburn.


    well played sir.

    Looks like UW will have to make due with Constantine. Kid played for Bellevue, so that's promising.
    User avatar
    O-LineFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm


  • drrew wrote:Foster should have fun scrubbing that Auburn tattoo off his calf.

    It's on his forearm. What an idiot.

    Image
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6833
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • Well, he'll be a Tiger then. Ya gotta follow your ink.
    Or is that Inc.?
    two dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 718
    Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 pm
    Location: Yakima




It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests