What's your favorite thing about the offseason?

What's your favorite thing about the offseason?

• Scouting Combine

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Free Agency

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • The Draft

Votes: 69 74.2%
  • Minicamps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Training Camp

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Two words, Pehawk: restraining order

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I think this is an answer that changes from off-season to off-season.

For me it's the draft because I anticipate us going after some play-makers on both sides of the ball to bring in and let them duke it out for roster spots. I could easily see us focusing on a few positions and drafting multiple guys at those spots, and letting the best man win it.

Not really very interested in FA this year because there isn't anyone I want to spend the money on.

My most anticipated moves aren't on your list; which would be re-signing guys already on the roster. Never an 'exciting' move but it's important.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
March 12th will be a fantastic day.
However, The draft brings in the future of our team.

had to vote for the draft.

Dren

Reaction score
The draft has always been one of my favorite things about football. It allows me to stay interested in football all year round'.

Hawksfan78

Reaction score
The Draft but honestly nothing... I want the season to start right back up again.

The NFL should have minor league games during this time or something. Or here is a crazy idea. They need something like baseball where people go down to the minors after being selected to the team to hone their skills and if the team thinks there good enough they bring them up to the majors. It would end up kind of like a practice squad with games but we would have more people on it that the team could pick from and use.

OP
OP
volsunghawk

volsunghawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":zw4p4p8p said:
volsunghawk":zw4p4p8p said:
That's three words.

'restraining order' is three words? The two words are being said to Pehawk. I'm fairly sure my punctuation indicates that Pehawk is the subject of the words immediately following the colon. You sir, need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

I'm ignoring punctuation today, and I like it better my way.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Dren":30ry1vfm said:
The draft has always been one of my favorite things about football. It allows me to stay interested in football all year round'.

+1 for agreeing with you on the draft.

+1,000,000 for your Sherman avatar picture :lol:

Subzero717

Reaction score
I went with draft. The last few years it has been a real interest of mine. Watching and reading about potential players etc. This year though I don't know but I'm not as excited. Maybe because the team is, while not complete, we aren't waiting for the savior. This year the draft will peak my interest eventually but I am going to be rather bored.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Draftmas, by far. Weeks of prep(aring my liver) for Kiper Claus to bring us gifts

Largent80

Reaction score
It is the bring TJ back threads. And / or the we need to sign Joe Jabroni threads.

Really?...This team was built in 2 to 3 years using a completely different model than that BS.

And I do not see a reason to start changing anytime soon.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HUGGY":362cb57b said:
I'm with Wilson. "What offseason?".

But it's not an off-season for Wilson because he's studying film and training. Are you gonna watch film with him?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Had to pick draft 'cause it's always fresher and tastier than bottled!

And here's hoping Kap has the worst sophomore slump ever.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Being able to actually be productive, instead of dreaming and reading about the Seahawks all day!

HawkHack

Reaction score
Hawksfan78":6z9gkfyl said:
The Draft but honestly nothing... I want the season to start right back up again.
Agreed. There should have been a "None of the above" choice.

If I had to pick from the choices, I'd pick "the draft" -- but the draft sucks because:

• The talking heads are really annoying and clueless;
  • High-round draft picks often end up being busts, resulting in undue excitement for us fans;
  • Low-round draft picks sometimes end up being useful, resulting in fan excitement later -- when football is actually played;

I'm not saying I'm not grateful that we picked up Wagner in the 2nd and Russell in the 3rd. But did anyone know these guys would be that good at the time they were chosen? Maybe the Seahawks FO -- otherwise, no -- certainly not any of the talking heads.

So I just don't see the point. The talking heads tell you you made a great pick (see: Curry) or that you reached (see: Irvin), and they might be right, they might be wrong* -- but no one really knows until you play football.

Watching draft-day is about as much fun as watching weather forecasts, and less accurate.

* [ Apologies to P.I.L. ]

RufusPorter

Reaction score
I love free agency.

Every year you see some big name surprises signed to teams you'd never thought of. Or that shocking release of a supposed "locker room problem" who intends to turn it around with his new team. The shuffling of the not so big name "depth" guys as teams build for the huge training camp rosters.

Crap... its only the start of February.

Latest posts