JSeahawks: Recruiting rumors?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1lvrzebg said:
drrew":1lvrzebg said:
Oregon right now is going hard after Daeshon Hall, DE out of Texas with Seattle ties. Dline is the strength of the class for UW at the moment, but losing Hall, especially to Oregon, would be a blow.

I know our coaches met with him today, but havnt heard anything about him visiting yet. I heard Texas A&M is also making a push at him. My gut feeling is that Tosh (and his dad living in the SEattle area) keeps him at UW.
Supposedly Hall is coming to UW this weekend for an unofficial. Along with pretty much our entire class, haha

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
drrew":nnxim02u said:
So Tyrell Robinson is visiting the UW...and Tyree Robinson is not. There's never been any indication that these two will not be playing together at the next level, so this is about the free trip, but interesting nonetheless. The UW Scout guys have been hinting that Tyner may make a visit as well, but I think that's more about them trying to sell subscriptions vs. anything real happening.

Recruiting is getting exponentially crazier each year.
That's done. There's pretty much a zero percent Tyner visits. UW was trying to get he and his family up for an official. It sounded like it *could* happen, but Tyner said no.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1vseyhnz said:
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1261769.html

According to Greg Biggins, both the twins are coming to Washington for their official visits this weekend with "an open mind"

Sounds like they have had a great trip and its going to be a tough decision for them. My gut feeling is that they flip to Washington, but we'll see. If they do flip i have a feeling Lorenzo Romar has a lot to do with it.

Sounds like the Ducks are probably losing Dontre Wilson to Ohio State. But nothign is official there yet either.

As long as we keep Thomas Tyner i'm a happy Duck. And that sounds 100%. I expected to lose a few when Chip left, so keeping the Twins or Wilson would just be a bonus.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
The twins would be a huge coup for UW, and really solidify the talent on that defense at essentially all positions. Here's hoping.

Seems like Nico is probably staying at USC, and Myles is hard to predict based on what I'm reading, though probably leaning UCLA.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
New rumor on rivals is that the twins might split and we might each end up with one. Personally I dont think there's any chance of that.

Also saw this tweet: @bcondotta "Tyree was quoted several times after he committed that he wanted to go to UW, but Tyrell talked him out if it. #downtothewire"

I guess we'll find out Wednesday.

drrew

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1cs7sbhu said:
New rumor on rivals is that the twins might split and we might each end up with one. Personally I dont think there's any chance of that.

Also saw this tweet: @bcondotta "Tyree was quoted several times after he committed that he wanted to go to UW, but Tyrell talked him out if it. #downtothewire"

I guess we'll find out Wednesday.

Apparently Tyree really wants to play for Romar, and there are a lot of minutes available at SG next season. It would be a huge surprise if these two split up, but looking at things, for football, Tyrell probably would be better off at Oregon, just based on the state of the respective programs, and for basketball Tyree would probably be better off not sitting behind the Dotson Artis back court for 3+ years and playing real minutes right away for UW.

Either way, still waiting on the mea culpa from CPHawk.

drrew

Reaction score
* Didn't happen - Foster to Alabama

One last thing, Reuben Foster announces tonight. 5* MLB out of Alabama, actually has an Auburn tattoo on his leg. Visited UW early last month, but everyone has assumed it was down to Auburn/Alabama/Georgia.

News is starting to leak that UW is actually in his final three. It still seems extremely extremely unlikely that he would make the move to Seattle, but if it happened, it would be the biggest coup and biggest surprise nationally in recruiting this year.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
4 star WR Darren Carrington, from San Diego, just recommited to the ducks. There was some question that he might flip to Arizona State. I mention this here because he's from the same city, and is buddies with the Robinson twins and they've talked about being excited to play together in the past. Just one more small piece in the intrigue of the robinsons decision.

davidonmi

Reaction score
at this point nico falah is 50/50, his twitter account is a rollercoaster, one day he posts stuff on USC. the next day it's UW. Myles not taking a trip to UW pretty much seels it to UCLA. I have no clue about the robinson twins, they may actually end up splitting (agreed Lorenzo probably had a lot to do with ASJ as well as these two). Vanderdoes could end up at USC UCLA ND or Bama (we are a longshot) the key to this class will be to keep Daeshon Hall and to land either the twins or one of those people above. BTW I'm shocked Reuben didn't end up at Auburn

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Twins are announcing tomorrow morning at 7:30. Sucks, about 10 minutes after I have to leave for work.

Sounds like USC is going pretty hard after UW commit Jermaine Kelly, after USC lost 3 guys today.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2f1ztqhu said:
Twins are announcing tomorrow morning at 7:30. Sucks, about 10 minutes after I have to leave for work.

Sounds like USC is going pretty hard after UW commit Jermaine Kelly, after USC lost 3 guys today.

Bob Condotta seems to indicate rumors are that Kelly's pretty solid to UW, unlike Cyler Miles last year. Sucks about the twins. Was hearing they might announce tonight.

Edit: Jermaine Kelly's father has apparently stated that they are sticking with UW.

drrew

Reaction score
Kelly's father says he's signing the the UW. Kelly's coach says to expect a 'surprise', whatever that's supposed to mean.

Of people not yet committed, UW likely signs LB Keishawn Bierra tomorrow.

The names to watch from a UW perspective will be Hall, Falah, and the Robinson's. It would not be a surprise if they got all four, or none of the four.

Outside of the Robinson's, what names will Oregon be waiting on?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
drrew":3kk1c6a5 said:
Kelly's father says he's signing the the UW. Kelly's coach says to expect a 'surprise', whatever that's supposed to mean.

Of people not yet committed, UW likely signs LB Keishawn Bierra tomorrow.

The names to watch from a UW perspective will be Hall, Falah, and the Robinson's. It would not be a surprise if they got all four, or none of the four.

Outside of the Robinson's, what names will Oregon be waiting on?

Cameron Hunt a 4* o'linemen is flipping from Cal. Thats like 99% sure.

Torrodney Prevot a 4* DE is likely decommiting from USC and it sounds like its between Oregon and Texas A&M with most thinking A&M has the slight lead. I have a feeling A&M will end up with either Prevot or Hall, and our northwest schools will get the other.

Zach Cunningham is a 4* lb from alabama who's choosing between us and Vanderbilt. I think we're too far away. I'd put the ducks at about a 15% chance.

We're slghtly in the pictuer for Davin Bellamy, a 4* DE from georgia, but I think he's all Georgia.

Btw, take it for what its worth, but i'm 90% confident the Twins are going to stick with Oregon based on what some mods are hearing from sources on my ducks site. But its not over til the fax is sent in.

Dontre Wilson a 4* RB/WR was probably the 2nd best player in our class but he just flipped to Ohio State last night. He was going to play teh De'Anthony Thomas position. So luckily it wasnt a huge area of need.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Tyree/Tyrell announcing at 6:45am apparently.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Looks like Tyree/Tyrell going to choose Oregon. I got all excited, too.

OP
OP
jkitsune

jkitsune

Reaction score
Bummer. Needless to say, Romar could've used the help, too. And rumors are swirling that Hall's going to flip. Even without those players it's an impressive recruiting class, but definitely a bummer to end with a disappointment.