Seahawks #5 most talented roster

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Right tackle isn't a need.

Defensive tackle very much is. It's the defining need for the team. And it's not even included.

grizrgood

Reaction score
Good list for the most part but not sure I agree in full. I believe DT is a huge need for the Hawks as well and I would have thought more defensive players on the Atlanta section as example.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":kd83eptb said:
.......Defensive tackle very much is the defining need for the team........
Agree 100%, and I might add the biggest need at the position IMO is for one that can generate pass rush push up the middle to get into the face of the opposing QB.

CANHawk

Reaction score
And it's not just DT, it's a very specific type of DT that's needed. Outside of maybe depth, WR and OL aren't even on my radar. We have a great group of starters there. Same for DE, yes we could stand to bolster the DE corps some, but it's not a group that screams need to me (of course, I'm assuming Clem comes back at 100% and Irvin develops in the offseason). If the right guy is there, maybe we could bring in a more well rounded 5-tech and another "leo candidate" but it's not a huge need IMO as a healthy Red and healthy Clem (key word being healthy) get the job done just fine.

3-tech DT, a Will LB and an athletic H-back type TE are the biggest needs going into this off season as far as I'm concerned. Malcolm Smith has looked good in releif of Hill this year and could very well earn the job this pre-season. Cameron Morrah is the big X-factor nobody seems to ever want to talk about. The guy is CRAZY athletic (ran a 4.54 at 6'3" 245) and for all that it seems like he's been here for years he's still really young (25). He's looked really good in the past and I can see him beign a huge contributor next year if he comes back healthy.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1czab6br said:
Right tackle isn't a need.

Defensive tackle very much is. It's the defining need for the team. And it's not even included.
PFF has Breno as one of the worst right tackles. I don't think he is that bad, but he could be upgraded.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":15j05nds said:
PFF has Breno as one of the worst right tackles. I don't think he is that bad, but he could be upgraded.

If they factor in penalties, and how crucial the timing of those penalties is, then I'd say they're correct; though he did improve as far as penalties go this year, compared to last year.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Breno improved greatly late in the season. I think he has very good upside even if I think hes dumb as a box of rocks (please don't tell him I said that).

I don't think we can expect Clem to be in game shape by the time the regular season starts so, overlooking DE would be a HUGE mistake. DT & DE then LB should be priorities. Then depth for OL, another playmaker on offense and a backup QB.

We get those and we can draft BPA for the rest of the draft.

Zowert

Reaction score
KJ Wright - Bobby Wagner - Malcolm Smith/Leroy Hill, sounds like a solid set of linebackers to me. I think if you give Malcolm Smith consistent time as a starter next season, he will turn out to be a pretty decent OLB. If he doesn't, then Leroy Hill is always consistent, even at 30 years old. I know Leroy is turning 31 this September and he probably doesn't have more than a couple seasons left in the tank. But I just don't think LB is a position of that much need. At least not worth using a 4 round or higher pick on it, when we need help on D-line, O-line and WR.

1st round - Defensive End (or DT, depending on talent available)..
2nd round - Wide Receiver (a fast WR with size, who can catch anything)..
3rd round - Offensive Guard (a versatile Guard that can play right and left)..
4th round - Defensive Tackle (or DE, depending on 1st round selection)..
5th round - Offensive Tackle (RT, or LT that can play on the right)..
6th round - Quarterback (unless a decent Linebacker is available)..
7th round - Outside Linebacker (or project QB if LB was picked in RD 6)..
7th Compensation Pick - Wide Receiver or Tight-End..

I know we have more picks than that, but i'm too lazy to go and find what rounds they're in. I think one is in the 4th and another the 5th or something. Other than that, I know we get two 7th round picks. Our very last pick in the 7th round is just a shot in the dark. There is no talent available, so I would simply grab a receiver with the best 40 yard dash and vertical jump numbers. Maybe there is a project quarterback left that we can snag and let sit behind Russell Wilson. I think having the same backup QB through out RW's career would help. They would learn together and hopefully that backup would absorb some of Wilson's talent, become a good QB and not disappoint us in the future if we were to call on him to relieve a sore/beat-up Russell Wilson..

Anyway, what does your mock look like? No specific names, just positions you would draft in order of priority.

I apologize for thread jacking. It just seems like this is the direction the thread was heading. Team needs.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3dvb1mon said:

Didn't PFF also have Earl Thomas ranked as the 29th best safety too? Or something like that?

Breno's numbers are going to be hammered by early season penalties. All I know is we had a great running game all year and when he was asked to match up against some of the league's best pass rushers he more than held his own.

Not sure how we can praise this list given it's missing the teams biggest need. Surely that's the point of it?