Would you guys want the Seahawks to be on Hard Knocks?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Your team is an up and comer that the media loved to talk about. With the potential that your team has, and the characters that like to talk LOL, I think HBO will probably contact you guys first and try to secure the deal.

Would you guys welcome the idea?
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

• No way in hell. This would never happen under Pete Carroll nor should it.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, as much fun as it would be for us fans to see it, the distraction wouldn't be worth it to the team. Doubt this would ever happen.
    Kam Chancellor: The Chancellor of Defense
    Bruce Irvin: BruceMode
    Tharold Simon: Humble Thug
    Paul Richardson: BPR
    FortWorthSeahawk
    USAF BadAss

• HBO asked this year and pete declined. As a fan this would of been one entertaining year to watch but I could see why they would decline because of the distraction issues...oh well we still got the real rob report on youtube!
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

• It's starting to get tough for Hard Knocks to find willing teams. Wouldn't be shocked if their 2012 edition is their last.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• PC rejected it last off season, and I hope if the offer comes up he rejects it again. Don't want that kind of attention or distraction.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Nah. I'll stick to Real Rob Report if I want to see seahawks players in the locker room.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Sure, I would have loved to hear the coaches as they whittled down the choice to Wilson over Flynn this past off-season. Would have loved to know the deal with Winslow's release or T.O's reaction to getting the news he was cut.

But to my surprise, Carroll turned it down and that makes me doubt him letting them in this upcoming season.

I enjoy those behind scenes looks and season following a team type books. Maybe the Jaguars will do it? Would like to see young Bradley pulling his team together. Or maybe even Reid as he tries to get the KC Chiefs back on-track.

How about the Superbowl winning 9ers? (I know that gives wood to a couple of our folks ... just playing).
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I'd love to see it, but I don't think Pete will ever let it happen.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I would love it. It would be very entertaining and allow us a look into the Seahawks that few get to see.

I'm betting that Carroll would actually like to do it, but being associated with Hard Knocks now has a stigma attached to it. We know how much Pete loves attention.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and a thousand times NO
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Real Rob Report > Hard Knocks
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• Maybe they could just follow Leroy Hill around as he looks for a new employer.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• The only teams they should cover are the drama queens of the NFL... Dallas, Chicago, the Jets, the Giants and the Patriots (maybe).

HBO should leave the rest of the league alone.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Team doesn't need that kind of distraction. The Real Rob Report already does more than enough to give us a great behind-the-scenes look at the personalities.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• I would love the Hawks to be on Hard Knocks. Something only becomes a distraction if u let it. If I go to work and a bunch of camara guys follow me around its my perogative to ignore them. With that said, last year would have been the offseason I'd wanted to watch. RW vs Flynn. Watching our D grade draft picks take starting jobs. And then have the year we had. Perfect.

Shy.
    Just remember, football is 80% mental and 40% physical.
    Little Giants (1994) – Steve Emtman
    ShyCheetah
    NET Starter

• NOPE!

We've got The Real Rob Report.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

• ShyCheetah wrote:I would love the Hawks to be on Hard Knocks. Something only becomes a distraction if u let it. If I go to work and a bunch of camara guys follow me around its my perogative to ignore them. With that said, last year would have been the offseason I'd wanted to watch. RW vs Flynn. Watching our D grade draft picks take starting jobs. And then have the year we had. Perfect.

Shy.

That sounds stupendous!
    But ultra unreasonable. If you worked in a camera store you would still be distracted by a freakin camera crew. Can't eeven scratch your nuts or sneeze without a boom mic up your ass.

Nah, no thanks. Team is too young. As a fan of course we would love it but I want a Lombardi. Period. They could dead The Real Rob's forever for my money if it meant SB trophies.
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• No, let the Jets be the NFL freak show.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• No. But then I've always thought that "reality TV" was a blight on American culture.

Some things should be left alone. Training camp is one of them. Go elsewhere, please.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• As a fan? Hell yeah!

Pete pretty much slammed the door on it, so it's really a moot point.
    * NET Staff *

• came here to say what's already been said:
    1) No. Not for anything.
    2) Real Rob Report is better anyway (if you haven't seen it, check it out on youtube, I think anybody could find some laughs in it, even if your team isn't the hawks)
    seadoc
    NET Practice Squad

• No on 'hard knocks' it turns the whole scene around the team into a media circus and problems between players get magnified.

Real Rob is enough and always light spirited instead of investigative journalism styled.

I totally loved the: "Is RW a really a robot?" bit and thought it was genuinely funny. John Moffitt is a funny guy and Mike Rob teases guys in a team like way.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Can you imagine how crazy it would have been had Hard Knocks covered training camp last year, what with the three-man QB competition and Seattle signing Terrell Owens? There is no way that would have done anything but hurt this team.

No to Hard Knocks. Have them go to New York again so we can witness the epic collapse of the Jets firsthand.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I'd watch it of course, but no would never want them to do it.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• See the destruction of showtimes 2012 "The Franchise" Miami Marlins.

NO.
    "Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan after Super Bowl XLVIII
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

• NO and... NOOOO

We've got the Real Rob Report. Outside film crews would distract the team from focusing on football and interrupt practices.

Thanks, but no thanks... Maybe Buffalo, Jacksonville or Cincinnati - poor performing small market teams that need to gain more exposure and energize a fanbase.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

• I as a fan would love it, but I just don't see it happening as Pete and JS already said no to ding it once.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• No. The 49ers need to be on it. I'd like to see the coach go postal in practice
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• Oh HELL no.. I could not see Pete OR Harbs allowing it. I would enjoy seeing Harbs dealing with them though. Pete would probably play up to it a little better, but Harbs would probably choke a bitch and get arrested for abusing the staff.

I would never want that shit here.
    Eh... Whatever...
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Wow, the off-season has truly begun when we get the "Seahawks on Hard Knocks" related threads.

I think it would be cool if MRob could direct the show from beginning to end.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:No. But then I've always thought that "reality TV" was a blight on American culture.

Some things should be left alone. Training camp is one of them. Go elsewhere, please.

Thank you! I can't believe fans would actually like a side-show drame like that happening with our team. TC should be ultra focused. To top it, off there are fans in this thread who bashed Holmgren for much less, but would give Pete a pass for allowing such a goat rope.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Before we were a Super Bowl contender, I would have said "yes". But now that we are one of the better teams in the league, I want us to stay focused and so I would say "no".
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I would bet anything that if the Hawks were on Hard Knocks, RW3 would have won RoY, Carroll would have won Coach of the Year and Schneider Exec of the Year.

I don't think the team would have let it be a distraction though I am afraid of letting other teams pick up things like our snap count (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html).

I would have paid anything to see the training camp battles, RW3 win over his team in the huddles, the coaching decisions and RW3 break down plays in the film room. Real Rob is great, but Hard Knocks/NFL films make excellent productions that always seem epic and there would have been no better start to our epic season.
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

• Didn't HBO approach us last year and we said no?

As much as I think it'd be awesome entertainment for us to see the Hawks on Hard Knocks, I don't think it'll ever happen........at least not during the Carroll/Schneider regime. Seems like those guys are very protective of the players.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• I understand the no on Hard Knocks but to say that Real Rob Report is anything more than half the players begging off being on camera seems to miss what I find of interest to me regarding coverage of the team.

Sure Hard Knocks is a nuisance and Pete has said he doesn't want the intrusion but can we be fair about what it is the RRR provides? There is a different look that you wouldn't get with Hard Knocks. But there are angles that Hard Knocks provides that RRR can never provide. They are separate animals and each have their own place.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I think the 49ers would be far more suited for Hard Knocks... they could fill hours of fine entertainment just following Krap around to all his tatoo shops and then on to his tatoo photo sessions...
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• Everyone here seems convinced that it would be a detrimental distraction.

Would it?

What are the chances that this young, energetic team embraces it and actually turns it into an advantage?

I realize we're all expecting huge things for this team and we don't want any wild cards thrown into the mix to change the course of how things are going.

I'm not saying I would welcome it, just throwing that out there for the sake of argument. We have about the most even-keel QB you could ask for on a team that embraces energy. I go to training camp practices routinely and I'm not sure having cameras there would really disrupt much of anything. Last year with the dolphins the only story was Chad Johnson, no surprise. Other than that it didn't seem to be very disruptive.

Our young guys might get a huge boost being the feature of the show.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• I will answer the same way I always answer this question. Not only no, but hell no! No distractions needed in Seattle.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:Everyone here seems convinced that it would be a detrimental distraction.

Would it?

What are the chances that this young, energetic team embraces it and actually turns it into an advantage?

I'd love to think the best of this team's ability to drown out the noise, but then I think about that game in St. Louis following the MNF debacle. That was arguably the worst they played all year. Not saying the guys weren't prepared, but placing myself in that situation, I think it would be pretty easy to get a little distracted if ESPN was talking about your last game 24/7 for an entire week.

I don't think this is something worth rolling the dice on.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• This team is young, brash and tough. I believe the idea that a team cannot have a great season after being on Hard Knocks is wrong--just takes the right team.

With prior Seahawk teams I was reluctant, but no more. This team has already bludgeoned our "soft" label to death. There isn't anything this team cannot handle with confidence IMO. Bring it on!
    ...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Never. I wouldnt watch if they were to give in. Thankfully i dont feel this will ever happen. "reality tv" blows anyway.
    "Beast mode was engaged, and when beast mode is engaged, no one can stop him"-- Some skins fan
    "I envy that hard hitting Seahawks D. Love the attitude they play with." Justblaze2729 Denver Fan
    Hawk4lyfe
    NET Rookie

• No!
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like a bunch of scared old women!

I would love the Hawks to get on Hard Knocks it would be amazing!

They would be fine. No way it would have any effect on this team. Its debateable whether it has ever had an effect on a team at all (see the Jets, they suck either way.)

Russell would probably start coaching up the producers
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Nooooooooo!!! Now and forever....NO!! It'd be the ultimate distraction. Hawks need to stay focused. Plus, I HATE "reality" shows!!
    Tailspin Hawk Fan
    NET Rookie

• NO NO NO!!!!!! We can watch the Real Rob Report instead. Much better viewing IMO.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• That's a negative, Rafterman.
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• I've been reading that Hard Knocks is having a tough time finding teams that are willing to let cameras have an all-access pass to their training camp. They have a pretty large film crew for Hard Knocks, so it does get distracting when up to a dozen people with cameras, mics and clipboards come barging into the locker room after every practice.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see HBO move on to NCAA Football training camps.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:No. But then I've always thought that "reality TV" was a blight on American culture.

At first I was thinking, "Yes!" for obvious selfish reasons. But then I read Sutz's "No. But then I've always thought that "reality TV" was a blight on American culture," and instantly agreed.
    Dren
    NET Bench Warmer

• NCAA would actually make a bit more sense in some ways. The players would enjoy the exposure as it would definitely help their draft stock.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information