18 game Season and Playoff Expansion?

Feelings on 18 game season/Playoff Expansion

• YES to both! More games the better!

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • NO to 18 game season, YES to playoff expansion

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • YES to 18 game season, NO to playoff expansion

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • NO to both! More injuries, dilutes product!

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters

JKent82

Reaction score
I was curious about peoples thoughts on the potential of having an 18 game season and potentially more playoff teams.

Personally I'm against both. While I'd love more football, 2 extra games replacing half the preseason is a bad idea in my opinion. Teams will look rustier, less time for talent evaluation, and kinda ruins new records.

As far as playoff expansion I think the NFL has it best, more than 2 wildcards dilutes it too much in my opinion. It'd make it mean less for teams, getting a bye week would mean less.

chris98251

Reaction score
Expanding the playoff format would delute the division games meaning at the end of the season in my opinion, most times you come down to the last game for many teams and it keeps rivalrys intense.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I dunno.. I think the preseason games are good for new talent and that the playoff system is good how it is. That is a lot of risk to health too. Keeping a team healthy for 16 games is already tough. To play balls-out football for 28 games is going to ruin some of these guys.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Instead of more games and more teams in the play-offs, the NFL should look at a developmental league.

I'm happy with the amount of games they have now, NBA, Baseball, and Hockey have too many games IMO. Less games makes them more important for teams to win or lose. Why ruin a good thing?

The Outfield

Reaction score
Not needed. And I think it would be stupid to expand the playoffs to teams that did poorly during the year. It makes it harder for teams that did really well all year to win because they have to play more games...

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I think it's worth considering whether or not to get rid of the playoff bye. On one hand, it's a nice reward and gives weight to the regular season. On the other hand, it might be just too generous of a reward. Home field is pretty huge in the NFL, and is incentive enough. Has there ever even been a Super Bowl pitting a pair of non-bye teams?

This would mean adding two more slots per conference, and the schedule could possibly be wonky the first weekend since you'd need to get in eight games. Not sure how that'd work TV-wise, because nobody'd want overlapping games.

kearly

Reaction score
No! I can forgive Goodell's antics to this point but not this. Everything is tuned perfectly right now. Don't mess with perfection. Unfortunately, more games = more money, so I'm sure Goodell will bang on the door for this until resistance caves.