What's your first Super Bowl memory?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Mine is the 85 bears and watching them destroy the Patriots. I was 11 years old. The Super Bowl Shuffle. McMahon. Payton. The fridge. That 46 defense. Man, that was a great team.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Mine, as embarrassing as it is, goes to the 74 Steelers. My family migrated west from Pittsburgh, to So Cal and them the NW. That was the second football game I watched. My mom sat me in front of the large console TV we had and went ape shit. She asked me who I wanted to win the game and since I liked the Purple that the Vikes had, I chose them because I thought the Steeler uniforms were awful.

That did not sit well with mom, she explained that we were a Steeler family. Not long after that, I had Steeler bed sheets, comforter, letterman's jacket with the yellow, vinyl arms and pajamas.

Two years later, that changed forever.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Super Bowl XI -- Raiders/Vikings at the Rose Bowl of all places. The poor Vikings where the original Broncos, before Broncos were the Buffalo Bills, if that makes any sense. But that Raiders team was damn good. Mark Van Eeghan and Clarence Davis? Branch, Biletnikoff and Casper? And Ken Stabler at his best? Throw in Shell and Upshaw blocking and yeah, you've got a damn good offense, and that's without even mentioning anybody on the other side of the ball...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Super Bowl V. A barefoot rookie kicker boots the winning kick as time runs out.

drdiags

Reaction score
Superbowl I. Green Bay's Bart Starr hitting Max McGee for a TD against the KC Chiefs. I was 11 years old and thought the AFL teams had weird uniforms.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I honestly don't remember which SB it was, just that Dallas won. It had to have been either 93 or 94. Somehow it feels like Clinton had just been elected.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The first Super Bowl I remember watching on TV was SB XV, where the Raiders beat the Eagles. The first Super Bowl party I attended was for SB XVII. My mom's a Dolphins fan and we went to a friend's house to watch them lose to the Redskins. That was also the day I got to ride in a real DeLorean. My mom's friend had one and took me for a ride around the block. I was 11 and thought it was one of the coolest things.

CANHawk

Reaction score
SB 23, 9ers vs. Bungles. I would have been 9 y/o i guess... I remember I was so geeked to watch halftime because it was in 3D, you had to get special glasses at 7-11.

I had been into football since before that, used to watch Hawks games with my uncle (who fwiw would have been the original English Seahawk if the old limey could figure out how to work a computer), but that is the first SB i really remember specifically.

The Outfield

Reaction score
My first Super Bowl memory was Super Bowl XL. I didn't watch the Super Bowl before that. Now I watch it every year.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Watching Elway cry after Doug Williams brought the Redskins back on the Donkeys. Elways tears almost taste as good as hardouche's I found out today

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Super Bowl 27 1993. Cowboys vs Bills. Final score 52-17.

Apparently, as a 8 year old, I didn't like blowouts cause I don't remember the next 3 superbowls until Brett Farves' Packers won in '97.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Super Bowl VI (1972): Cowpies vs Dolphins. I was rooting for the Dolphins, but they lost. I think that's where my hatred for the Cowpies began.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2zyejqx5 said:
Super Bowl V. A barefoot rookie kicker boots the winning kick as time runs out.

You mean this barefoot kicker?

alg-obrien-then-jpg.jpg

DTexHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":tco575s7 said:
Superbowl I. Green Bay's Bart Starr hitting Max McGee for a TD against the KC Chiefs. I was 11 years old and thought the AFL teams had weird uniforms.

Mine as well, but as a 7 year old I didn't watch the whole game. (man, you're old!)

Do you remember that it was on 2 channels?

drdiags

Reaction score
DTexHawk":208xdnr0 said:
drdiags":208xdnr0 said:

Mine as well, but as a 7 year old I didn't watch the whole game. (man, you're old!)

Do you remember that it was on 2 channels?

That I didn't remember.

Though DTex you are getting closer to that banana as well as some of us other old farts around here. :thirishdrinkers:

More random Superbowl thoughts:

For some reason I pulled for the hated Packers the first two Superbowls but went for the Jets in III. I think I must have had some irrational hate for the Colts back then. Though I still hate those Jets uniforms. I also pulled for the Chiefs because the Purple People eaters were kicking off into the Bears butt, plus the Vikings offense sucked and was boring. Otis Taylor. That was a bad man.