Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Not the AP award, but a little consolation, I suppose.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Voting breakdown? Guess it probably doesn't matter since it was a "vote as much as you want" system, but curiosity still eats at me anyway.

Wilson won this award instead of the actual ROY for two reasons:

#1: Fans are genuinely voting for who they think is the best player, or the player with the best reputation. There is probably a bias towards who played best at the end of the season. AP voters are generally voting for who they think was the best story.

#2: Wilson's media coverage didn't take off until the AP vote deadline was approaching. The Pepsi Max voting stayed open for roughly a month longer. That really benefited Wilson, who has become one of the darlings of the NFL in that same time frame.

Shame the AP voting didn't happen after the season ended. I am reasonably sure Wilson would have won it.
    Last edited by kearly on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Can't find one, but will post as soon as I do.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/YEAR/0
    Pepsi ROY also included the post season so thats why he won, RG3 had a better regular season but Wilsons post season was by far the most impressive.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• Meh.

Like winning the NIT
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• fans>skip clueless
    NoChops
    NET Veteran

• What is this? Velvet?!
    " There's levelz 2 these bezzles"
    HommyHawk
    NET Rookie

• HommyHawk wrote:What is this? Velvet?!

Whatever it is, our boy is STYLIN.
    @SeahawkGreg

GIVE US YOUR PINK SLIP, SANTA CLARA WHINERS. WE OWN YOU
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Well I think it's badass that he won. Congrats Russell!!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Hmm. Is it time to respect the fan voting over the AP?
    parson420
    NET Practice Squad

• Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• nategreat wrote:Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.

I have started to wonder about that. More like "Rookie of the Regular Season".
    When RW does win the Lombardi, RGIII will be a funny little footnote on his epic ass. (kudos if anyone gets the movie reference)

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• razgriz737 wrote:
    nategreat wrote:Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.

When RW does win the Lombardi, RGIII will be a funny little footnote on his epic ass. (kudos if anyone gets the movie reference)

School of Rock, I think.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:
    nategreat wrote:Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.

School of Rock, I think.

Bravo, sir.

razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• well I'm damn proud of the kid.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• The kid's trophy case is going to be bursting at the seams when its all said and done!
    We'll look back on this one like "Awww, wemember when wittle Wussy won the Pepsi Trophy? How cute!"
    What's Next? What's Next? What's N-X-E-T...?"
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• hgwellz12 wrote:The kid's trophy case is going to be bursting at the seams when its all said and done!
    We'll look back on this one like "Awww, wemember when wittle Wussy won the Pepsi Trophy? How cute!"

?????:?:?
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• The fact that the AP award is voted on BEFORE the entire season is over, including playoffs, is all you need to know about the joke it is.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• razgriz737 wrote:

That is basically the best gif to explain how everyone should feel about Russel's entire year and suit.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:The fact that the AP award is voted on BEFORE the entire season is over, including playoffs, is all you need to know about the joke it is.

Word!
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

• I am a middle aged white fat man...and that suit is freaking AWESOME!

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Congrats Russell!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Trenchbroom wrote:I am a middle aged white fat man...and that suit is freaking AWESOME!

DITTO!

P.S. Did Sherman take him suit shopping before the awards?
    #NEXTMANUP
    #LEAVEMARSHAWNALONE
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:The fact that the AP award is voted on BEFORE the entire season is over, including playoffs, is all you need to know about the joke it is.

That and the fact that there's only like what... 50 or so east coast elitists that hold the privelege to vote... there should be several hundred voters so that hopefully there's some small amount of integrity in the process maintained...
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

• Russ and his lady lookin Hollywood! Damn that's an awesome suit! Classy, especially when being compared to Kaepernick's weak sauce tattoos.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• GQ3!!!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information