Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:16 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Not the AP award, but a little consolation, I suppose.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:18 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9831
Voting breakdown? Guess it probably doesn't matter since it was a "vote as much as you want" system, but curiosity still eats at me anyway.

Wilson won this award instead of the actual ROY for two reasons:

#1: Fans are genuinely voting for who they think is the best player, or the player with the best reputation. There is probably a bias towards who played best at the end of the season. AP voters are generally voting for who they think was the best story.

#2: Wilson's media coverage didn't take off until the AP vote deadline was approaching. The Pepsi Max voting stayed open for roughly a month longer. That really benefited Wilson, who has become one of the darlings of the NFL in that same time frame.

Shame the AP voting didn't happen after the season ended. I am reasonably sure Wilson would have won it.


Last edited by kearly on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
Can't find one, but will post as soon as I do.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts: 2539
http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/YEAR/0
Pepsi ROY also included the post season so thats why he won, RG3 had a better regular season but Wilsons post season was by far the most impressive.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:22 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8828
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Meh.

Like winning the NIT

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:20 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 1405
fans>skip clueless


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:49 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 pm
Posts: 411
Link to Seahawks.com Article


Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:56 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:41 pm
Posts: 150
What is this? Velvet?!

_________________
Pinch me, I'm dreamin right?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
HommyHawk wrote:
What is this? Velvet?!


Whatever it is, our boy is STYLIN.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
GoHawks wrote:


Image

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:38 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: King In The North
Well I think it's badass that he won. Congrats Russell!!

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:02 pm
Posts: 52
Hmm. Is it time to respect the fan voting over the AP?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 1307
Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
nategreat wrote:
Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.

I have started to wonder about that. More like "Rookie of the Regular Season".
When RW does win the Lombardi, RGIII will be a funny little footnote on his epic ass. (kudos if anyone gets the movie reference)

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
Posts: 7708
Location: Surrounded by Elway, Tebow, and Manning jerseys
razgriz737 wrote:
nategreat wrote:
Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.

I have started to wonder about that. More like "Rookie of the Regular Season".
When RW does win the Lombardi, RGIII will be a funny little footnote on his epic ass. (kudos if anyone gets the movie reference)

School of Rock, I think.

_________________
Image

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
Posts: 1399
Location: Seattle (From Spokane)
volsunghawk wrote:
razgriz737 wrote:
nategreat wrote:
Voting for Rookie of the Year is a joke. I have no idea why it doesn't include the post season. So if Russell Wilson were to have had the best post-season in history for a quarterback, lead his team to the Superbowl, and win Superbowl MVP, that wouldn't do anything for him for winning the award? That makes no sense to me. The award should include the post-season, not just the regular season.

I have started to wonder about that. More like "Rookie of the Regular Season".
When RW does win the Lombardi, RGIII will be a funny little footnote on his epic ass. (kudos if anyone gets the movie reference)

School of Rock, I think.

Bravo, sir.

_________________
Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:
Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:51 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13451
Location: King In The North
well I'm damn proud of the kid.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm
Posts: 483
The kid's trophy case is going to be bursting at the seams when its all said and done!
We'll look back on this one like "Awww, wemember when wittle Wussy won the Pepsi Trophy? How cute!"

_________________
MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2359
hgwellz12 wrote:
The kid's trophy case is going to be bursting at the seams when its all said and done!
We'll look back on this one like "Awww, wemember when wittle Wussy won the Pepsi Trophy? How cute!"

?????:?:?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:55 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:58 am
Posts: 7663
Location: Maple Valley, WA
The fact that the AP award is voted on BEFORE the entire season is over, including playoffs, is all you need to know about the joke it is.

_________________
Image

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:31 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm
Posts: 1667
razgriz737 wrote:

That is basically the best gif to explain how everyone should feel about Russel's entire year and suit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:19 am 
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
*Hawk Junk Junkie*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 am
Posts: 804
Aros wrote:
The fact that the AP award is voted on BEFORE the entire season is over, including playoffs, is all you need to know about the joke it is.


Word!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:33 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 am
Posts: 1619
Location: Spokangeles
I am a middle aged white fat man...and that suit is freaking AWESOME!

_________________
...and with one kiss of his bicep he proved, without a shadow of doubt, that he was every bit as much of a DBag as his coach, and most of his team's fanbase. Finally, he could call himself a Niner!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10495
Location: Pasco, WA
Congrats Russell!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2296
Trenchbroom wrote:
I am a middle aged white fat man...and that suit is freaking AWESOME!


DITTO!

P.S. Did Sherman take him suit shopping before the awards?

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:44 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 990
Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA
Aros wrote:
The fact that the AP award is voted on BEFORE the entire season is over, including playoffs, is all you need to know about the joke it is.


That and the fact that there's only like what... 50 or so east coast elitists that hold the privelege to vote... there should be several hundred voters so that hopefully there's some small amount of integrity in the process maintained...

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1378
Russ and his lady lookin Hollywood! Damn that's an awesome suit! Classy, especially when being compared to Kaepernick's weak sauce tattoos.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russell Wilson wins Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:43 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3093
GQ3!!!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.