Best Seahawks "Flash in the Pan"

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Best Seahawks
Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:30 am
  • Ahman Green, those first two years he had some great runs to the second level and then poof he was traded.
    kjreid
    NET Starter

Re: Best Seahawks "Flash in the Pan"
Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 pm
  • kjreid wrote:Ahman Green, those first two years he had some great runs to the second level and then poof he was traded.

Good one, I had totally forgotten about him. He did well in Green Bay for a while too though, didn't he?
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:21 pm
  • Those are all good names guys. But again, I'm sorry but given all of what he was supposed to be ... and all that he ultimately wasn't, there is no Seahawk who will ever top the Boz as far as Flash in the Pan is concerned. Most definitely he's the biggest of all time ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0YOoRXcrlQ
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm
  • Warren Moon. Looked like our QBOTF after his first season in SEA, then played like a 40-something for the rest of his career. Just sad. Whatever happened to that guy?
    Hawk Finn
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:41 pm
  • Hawk Finn wrote:Warren Moon. Looked like our QBOTF after his first season in SEA, then played like a 40-something for the rest of his career. Just sad. Whatever happened to that guy?

He went on to become an absolutely horrible radio announcer.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10 pm
  • Byron Franklin. I think it was a knee that derailed his brief but promising career. Sat with him in the Kingdome against the Pack...very polite, nice young man.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:22 pm
  • Frostbyte wrote:Flash in the pan? This guy fits in that catagory. Had such high hopes....

To be a flash in the pan, you have to have been good at one point.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 pm
  • kjreid wrote:Ahman Green, those first two years he had some great runs to the second level and then poof he was traded.

That was one of Holmy's F-ups. I believe it was a pre-season game played in Vancouver that Green put the ball on the carpet. To make an example of what happens to (awesome) RBs that fumble, Holmy let him go and that was just dumb as hell. I remember how he ran thru our awesome Dawg defense like a hot knife thru butter. When we drafted him I knew we had our RBOTF. Instead, he crushed it for the enemy.
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:28 pm
  • Michael Boulware for sure. Although, with Pete as his coach, I think he'd be damn good. He was miscast in a scheme that played two deep safeties on almost every play. In the box, playing short zones far more often, his strengths would be amplified and his weaknesses minimized. He might have been as good as Kam, he was a better athlete and had great ball skills to boot. Not as hard a hitter (funny that we're saying that about a former LB) but not bad in his own right.

Sean Locklear. He was so good in 2005, and below average every year after that. Can't believe we started him as long as we did.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 pm
  • Dan McGwire.

I was going on 20 years old at the time, and was POSITIVE he would be the QBOTF. Plus he looked awesome at 6'8" with the dark visor. Out of the league a few years later, he'll be remembered as the guy who couldn't beat Stan Gelbaugh or Kelly Stouffer for a chance to start.

Made irrelevant by the above mentioned Rick Mirer.
    Attachments
    mcguire_google_images.jpg
    mcguire_google_images.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 370 times
    Beeker
    NET Rookie

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 pm
  • Joe jurevicius, he was my favorite player during our Super Bowl run.
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information