Are people surprised by Kaepernick's success?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am not surprised and I am not even ready to call the Niners winning a "success" for CK. He is 5-2 in the regular season on a team that was 6-2 with Alex Smith. I think if you stuck Andrew Luck, RG3 and especially Russell Wilson on that team they would be even better. He is an improvement over Smith however, that just isn't saying much to me.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Not suprised. I think the majority of the starting QB's and most second string QB's would be successful. When a team that has sucked for a long as the 49'ers have and accumulated a ton of high draft picks over the years, the team will get good on both sides of the ball and help the QB.

frase32

Reaction score
How do I embed a video on this site? None of the normal HTML codes are working.

Mod note: Use the text after "v=" and click the youtube button above the message box

Happypuppy

Reaction score
No I hoped we would draft him , I liked him out of college. However it's hard to be disappointed with Wilson.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
kearly":2njus60l said:
mretrade":2njus60l said:
Seattle did not expose Kaepernick at all. If they did don't you think opponents would of learned by it already and not be loosing to him in the playoffs.

Seattle won not so much for their play on Kaepernick but for their play against the 49ers defense. Kaepernick played average but was not the reason for loosing this game at all. The 49ers defense was gassed at the end of the year with out their most valuable defensive player coming off a big emotional win in New England the following week. First play of the game on offense, Seattle ran right at Justin Smith's replacement, Ricky Jean Francios, and Marshawn Lynch ran for a touchdown pretty much untouch. Looking back at that game, considering Seattle's home field advantage, the way the defense played, Kaepernick played average.

Tom Brady 36-58 395 Yards 2 touchdowns 2 Interceptions @ Seattle
Tony Romo 23-40 251 Yards 1 Touchdown 1 Interception @ Seattle
Aaron Rodgers 26-39 223 Yards 0 Touchdowns 0 Interceptions @ Seattle
Colin Kaepernick 19-36 244 Yards 1 Touchdown 1 Interception @ Seattle

Did you guys expose Romo, Rodgers, and Brady, and once teams learn from it in the offseason those players won't be any good either?

Give Seattle credit. They blasted the 49ers defense that night and that night the 49ers defense sucked. Seattle is almost unbeatable in the Clink. They have a good defense that becomes very good at home. Kaepernick played fine that night, nothing special but exposed he was not.

Maybe you didn't watch the game, but Kaepernick was incredibly uncomfortable. It was also by far his worst stat line of the season. Kaepernick still needs an eternity to check his 2nd read, and Seattle exploited that by pressuring him and then anticipating his escape route. The result was just 4.4 YPC on a ton of aborted passes. Even Kaepernick's 1 TD pass (in garbage time) looked like it would have been overturned had the officials given a shit at that point. Kaepernick looked like a broken man in his postgame presser.

I'm not disrespecting Kaepernick. He's a talented player who will probably continue to get better. But he does currently have obvious weaknesses and in that game Seattle exposed them. You are a blind homer if you can't see that. Or maybe you do know it and just want to be a curmudgeon.

As far as the other QBs- Brady actually ripped us to shreds that game, we were very lucky to win. Romo was better than his stat line, which was still decent. Rodgers- yeah Rodgers kind of got his ass kicked by our defense- fair point. He had to revert to captain checkdown to find any effectiveness. I don't think we really exposed Rodgers though- I just think his O-line had a horrific night.

"Looking uncomfortable" is not exposing him. Every... EVERY quarterback has a bad game occasionally. Your supposition about Kaepernick taking a long time to go to his second read is false. The Seattle game is the ONLY one that he has had trouble at that. Oh, and that game was his SIXTH start...

The reasons Kaepernick looked bad against Seattle are the following:

1. Kaepernick hadn't even had more than FIVE starts before being thrown to the wolves that are Seattle's defenders.
2. You seem to be vastly underestimating your home field advantage, particularly against an inexperienced quarterback.
3. Seattle was highly motivated after what, five defeats to the 49ers in a row? Meanwhile the 49ers were still in a funk over the Patriots game.
4. Seattle has a great defense. Sometimes defenses shut down quarterbacks. Did Peyton Manning's 5 interception games show that he was "exposed?"

The fact is, Kaepernick was merely overwhelmed by inexperience and crowd noise and the intensity that the Seahawks brought to the game. He wasn't "exposed," in fact, that game MADE HIM BETTER at all facets of playing quarterback, particularly game management and getting the play called quickly to get to the line of scrimmage with plenty of time to adjust.

RiggoReincarnated":2njus60l said:
Yes - because he was a nothing until Harbaugh copied the Redskins Pistol offense for him.

So his outstanding regular season numbers when the 49ers barely ran the Pistol offense was "nothing?"

(in the two games against Green Bay and Atlanta they ran the Pistol almost as much as they had the entire regular season)

According to an interesting, detailed breakdown of the San Francisco offense by NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks this week, the Niners became a dramatically different offensive team in the playoffs than they were during the regular season.

“The fact that the team has used the Pistol on 49.2 percent of its offensive plays in the playoffs – after employing the formation on just 70 of 969 offensive plays in the regular season – reflects Jim Harbaugh’s willingness to continually adapt his offensive philosophy while making a Super Bowl run,” wrote Brooks.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Mo ... 27221.html

frase32

Reaction score
This is the video I had intended to post. I think it is interesting that Kaepernick barely ever get hit. Being a Niner fan the facts stated in this video mirror what I thought about Kaep, he really doesn't get hit that often.

[youtube]JLUxNTGW8Hk[/youtube]

BASF

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2v6anvvp said:
Yes - because he was a nothing until Harbaugh copied the Redskins Pistol offense for him.

This is hands down the most ill informed post I have ever seen in seahawks.net history. The Redskins took the Pistol offense from the University of Nevada, where Kaepernick ran the offense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":rboksh8l said:

I was going to stay away from this conversation and just read your opinions till I read this comment.

Dude....Kaep was running the Pistol in PREseason. Roman was running it at STANFORD after flying out to talk to Chris Ault at Nevada a few years ago.

BTW, Chris Aults QB at Nevada? COLIN KAEPERNICK. If ANYONE is copying someone, it's the Redskins.

Have a clue.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BASF":1c5wjr1z said:
RiggoReincarnated":1c5wjr1z said:

This is hands down the most ill informed post I have ever seen in seahawks.net history. The Redskins took the Pistol offense from the University of Nevada, where Kaepernick ran the offense.

Thank You.

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1w2qsyhl said:
AbsolutNET":1w2qsyhl said:
Riggo is a Skins fan...

Yeah, we're generally a lot more informed about football than skins fans.

Check out extremeskins.com

You'll be literally amazed at the ignorance.
you should check out saints report if you want to find some misinformed ignorant fans

Shaz

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Extremeskins.com has the most ignorant and outlandish fans out there by far

NinerLifer

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1l7ork3a said:

I can't tell if you are being serious or not so I will help you out. The inventor of the Pistol offense was Kaepernicks coach in Nevada.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NinerLifer":1gvmcd6e said:
I can't tell if you are being serious or not so I will help you out. The inventor of the Pistol offense was Kaepernicks coach in Nevada.

In his defense, the Redskins were running it before the season started, and S.F. didn't start until after Kaepernick became the starter.