RW on Van Pelt this afternoon

oldschlhwkfn

Reaction score
one guess on how he ended the interview. If anybody can find it, it would be interesting to see some of his
first/earlier interviews where he, for the first time, signed off by saying "GO HAWKS!".

Not sure what we did to deserve him, but thank you football gods for letting him pick the Seattle Seahawks out of his hat.

on a side note, RW will be on Cowherd tomm. morning sometime during his show, not sure when.

Greenhell

Reaction score
oldschlhwkfn":y1jkhd36 said:
one guess on how he ended the interview. If anybody can find it, it would be interesting to see some of his
first/earlier interviews where he, for the first time, signed off by saying "GO HAWKS!".

Not sure what we did to deserve him, but thank you football gods for letting him pick the Seattle Seahawks out of his hat.

on a side note, RW will be on Cowherd tomm. morning sometime during his show, not sure when.

Did to deserve him? Years and years of mediocrity. The football gods owed us big time!

Riley12

Reaction score
I like the idea I just read on facebook - end every conversation with a "Go Hawks!"

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Cowherd had become quite the advocate for Russ over the past year. Been listening to his show over the past couple of weeks and he's had nothing but praise for our boy.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
What did we do?
We Paid our Penance for 36 years including A divine *ssraping in SBXL. The Gods had no choice but to hand us the future all everything superhero or suffer the rest of eternity surrounded 49er and Raiders fans.

GCrow

Reaction score
FWIW

Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin
Last show in New Orleans. Russell Wilson of next years Superbowl champs will join us.

Zowert

Reaction score
oldschlhwkfn":33deq9wj said:

The Seattle Seahawks believed in Russell Wilson, that's what we did to deserve him. Many critics were laughing at us when the Hawks drafted Russell Wilson in the third round. Others were scratching their head when they heard we picked RW because we had recently signed Matt Flynn and everybody assumed he was the Seahawks next franchise QB. They didn't understand the coaching philosophy of Pete Carroll, his "ALWAYS COMPETE!" and this is what we have to thank for having Russell Wilson as our Quarterback. Most organizations wouldn't have even drafted Russell Wilson, let alone give him a shot as the starting QB after signing Flynn to a big contract.

I think John and Pete somehow knew the Jets were seriously thinking about grabbing Russell Wilson in the third round (just two picks after the Hawks). So it was either pick Wilson before his projected place in the draft, or face a sizable risk of losing him before the round you want to pick him in. Which I believe the Hawks most likely wanted to draft Wilson with one of their 4th round picks [probably after Robert Turbin], the pick they used on Jaye Howard.

Seattle must have did some heavy scouting on RW and obviously they really liked him, not only as a player but a person (a natural leader) as well. To be willing to draft a player two rounds before he was projected, when you already shored up the starting QB job on your roster. Shows someone in the front office REALLY likes that player.

That's why we deserve Russell Wilson, and he obviously realizes the chance we took on him to give him the opportunity. May not have been an 'equal opportunity' as Flynn spent the majority of training camp and preseason with the 1st team offense, but it was much more than pretty much every other organization in the NFL would have given him.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
GCrow":aegjepvj said:
FWIW

Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin
Last show in New Orleans. Russell Wilson of next years Superbowl champs will join us.
Haha...that's awesome!

The Radish

Reaction score
Russell Wilson was on Lucy Van Pelt?

Isn't she a bit young for him?

I realize many of you will not get this at all. But Lucy Van Pelt?

:roll:

Its hundreds of posts like this that make us reallize the off season is truly here.

GodIago

Reaction score
Just don't pull the football out from under us when we are getting ready to kick, please. :)

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hey, is anyone still wondering what Pete and John meant by saying they wanted a quarterback who could tilt the room..?

GoHawks

Reaction score
I recall hearing PC had to talk Schneider down from picking RW in the 2nd, don't remember the source

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Why did people act so suprised when we took RW in the 3rd? Because we had already signed Flynn?

Why didn't "they" flip when the Skins took a QB in the 1st AND 3rd rounds? All I have is questions.

Go Hawks!

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
The Radish":oe9lb7i7 said:
Russell Wilson was on Lucy Van Pelt?

Isn't she a bit young for him?

I realize many of you will not get this at all. But Lucy Van Pelt?

:roll:

Its hundreds of posts like this that make us reallize the off season is truly here.

He got into a spiritual discussion/debate with Linus

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
GoHawks":y70wkjxg said:
I recall hearing PC had to talk Schneider down from picking RW in the 2nd, don't remember the source

Pete himself said it. I don't have a source, but I specifically remember it.