Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Your 12th Man..
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:07 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Since this has devolved into bringin'-the-hate/Parsing motives thread, maybe it's a good time for a threadjack. I became a Seahawks fan this year. I haven't had an NFL team since Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry. I tried the Chargers since I'm an NC State fan and Philip Rivers is one of my guys, but they have kept trading away the talent they need to be able to take advantage of him.
Anyway, the Hawks are it for me because we have four connections between the Wolfpack and the Seahawks, so it's an easy fit. And it's just a helluva fun team to watch. This is my first posting because I hadn't fealt I had earned my feathers so to speak. And I didn't want to get into the pre-season/early season Wilson debates as I only had abject homerism and hope/expectation the Russel's magic would translate to this level. I thought it would, but figured it would be a year or two before he would be given the chance or before the game would slow down for him. HAH. Oh me of little faith.
I posted in this thread, because one of the things with which I have fallen in love with the Seahawks over is the 12th man. Freakin' incredible fanbase. Y'all have made me want to take vacation and come to a game! The connection between this team, this city and this fanbase has a very collegiate feel to me. I know some Pro fans don't like the Ra Ra stuff but I do. I love how this team seems to really like each other and how they and this fanbase really love each other; very cool to me. (Wish we could chip Seattle off the West coast and move y'all over to NC. We could put you between Wrightsville beach and Kure beach. Warmer water and no threat of tsunamis!)
Go HAWKS

-Jeff
(PS. The difference this year was the Wolves blood up in this Hawks nest!) ;-)

Russell3:16 ...And God said, "Let There Be Football". And there was. And it was good.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:45 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

WolfHawk3 wrote:
Since this has devolved into bringin'-the-hate/Parsing motives thread, maybe it's a good time for a threadjack. I became a Seahawks fan this year. I haven't had an NFL team since Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry. I tried the Chargers since I'm an NC State fan and Philip Rivers is one of my guys, but they have kept trading away the talent they need to be able to take advantage of him.
Anyway, the Hawks are it for me because we have four connections between the Wolfpack and the Seahawks, so it's an easy fit. And it's just a helluva fun team to watch. This is my first posting because I hadn't fealt I had earned my feathers so to speak. And I didn't want to get into the pre-season/early season Wilson debates as I only had abject homerism and hope/expectation the Russel's magic would translate to this level. I thought it would, but figured it would be a year or two before he would be given the chance or before the game would slow down for him. HAH. Oh me of little faith.
I posted in this thread, because one of the things with which I have fallen in love with the Seahawks over is the 12th man. Freakin' incredible fanbase. Y'all have made me want to take vacation and come to a game! The connection between this team, this city and this fanbase has a very collegiate feel to me. I know some Pro fans don't like the Ra Ra stuff but I do. I love how this team seems to really like each other and how they and this fanbase really love each other; very cool to me. (Wish we could chip Seattle off the West coast and move y'all over to NC. We could put you between Wrightsville beach and Kure beach. Warmer water and no threat of tsunamis!)
Go HAWKS

-Jeff

:2: Welcome aboard! Hope you plan on stickin around!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

WolfHawk3 wrote:
Y'all have made me want to take vacation and come to a game!

Plan your vacation for the first playoff game at CenturyLink Field in 11 months. It'll blow you away. Our playoff game atmosphere is unreproducible around the world.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 pm 
* NET Baller *

WolfHawk3 wrote:
Go HAWKS

-Jeff

Who is the 4th? We got Wilson, Sweezy, Haushka... and? are you gonna bring up Koren Robinson too?

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]