After watching the pro bowl, I want a receiver round one!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":jiyxly9q said:
[youtube]bVWm9pNiXYY[/youtube]

I'm salivating just thinking about this dude and Syd on the outside with DBFresh/Tate in the slot...

He exudes confidence on the field, and isn't afraid to put his body on the line. It honestly looks as though he was mean't to be in a 'hawks uniform.

Trade up and get this kid.

McGruff

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1k09i5eb said:
lukerguy":1k09i5eb said:
I'm telling you Patterson would not start over Rice nor Tate and that's a fact.
How is that a fact? If it was a fact you wouldn't have to tell someone, couldn't you point to evidence? Its far from a fact.

Yeah, someone needs to learn what the word "fact" means. What lurker stated is at best emphatic opinion. But emphatic opinion does not make it a fact.

lukerguy

Reaction score
McGruff":2f7zpqvb said:
T-Sizzle":2f7zpqvb said:
lukerguy":2f7zpqvb said:
I'm telling you Patterson would not start over Rice nor Tate and that's a fact.
How is that a fact? If it was a fact you wouldn't have to tell someone, couldn't you point to evidence? Its far from a fact.

Yeah, someone needs to learn what the word "fact" means. What lurker stated is at best emphatic opinion. But emphatic opinion does not make it a fact.

You guys seriously have no clue if you think Patterson is a substantial upgrade (NEXT YEAR) to what we currently have...I cannot convince you that he's not better than Tate or Rice...so there's not really a point in this but...

Patterson was 88th in the nation in receiving with 778 yrds (46rec 5TDs). I rarely saw him make a hands catch away from his body..There are no #1 receivers in this league that consistency fail to make hands catches in the NFL...Fitz, AJohnson, Mega, Green, White, Julio...they just don't. This guy's highest upside as a RECEIVER is Nate Burleson. Now, if you didn't have an explosive punt/kick returner and you wanted to add him into the mix at WR then I could understand, but you don't draft this guy in the 1st to be your future #1 all pro WR, you just don't.

Tate had 1500 yards and 15 TD his final year at ND, then spent a few seasons learning, and has become an average #2 WR. So, if you think a WR like Patterson who has terrible route running, and hands, can go in and produce at a star level...well then you are simply looking at his Height/weight/speed combination and his highlight reels on youtube where the majority of his plays come on end arounds, punts/kickoffs or deep balls using his chest.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
lukerguy":3e7q6vkh said:
McGruff":3e7q6vkh said:
T-Sizzle":3e7q6vkh said:

You guys seriously have no clue if you think Patterson is a substantial upgrade (NEXT YEAR) to what we currently have...I cannot convince you that he's not better than Tate or Rice...so there's not really a point in this but...

Patterson was 88th in the nation in receiving with 778 yrds (46rec 5TDs). I rarely saw him make a hands catch away from his body..There are no #1 receivers in this league that consistency fail to make hands catches in the NFL...Fitz, AJohnson, Mega, Green, White, Julio...they just don't. This guy's highest upside as a RECEIVER is Nate Burleson. Now, if you didn't have an explosive punt/kick returner and you wanted to add him into the mix at WR then I could understand, but you don't draft this guy in the 1st to be your future #1 all pro WR, you just don't.

Tate had 1500 yards and 15 TD his final year at ND, then spent a few seasons learning, and has become an average #2 WR. So, if you think a WR like Patterson who has terrible route running, and hands, can go in and produce at a star level...well then you are simply looking at his Height/weight/speed combination and his highlight reels on youtube where the majority of his plays come on end arounds, punts/kickoffs or deep balls using his chest.

Im struggling to put your thought process/logic together. Maybe you can help. What does Tate have to do with anything and doesn't that hurt your argument for Hopkins?

Very few WRs year one produce at a "star level" (Randy Moss.... and ?). Im not concerned about year one and I wouldn't view any WR chosen as someone who would step in and be a star right away. I would prefer they draft for upside and develop the WR so year 2 or 3 they can take over for either Tate or Rice. I don't think Hopkins is horrible, I just think he is going to be above average (Greg Jennings is an example of above average). I would prefer they take a chance on a guy with more talent who has the chance to become great. You are also going to have to spend a 1st on Hopkins, two of the three I listed are probably available in the 2nd.

Even at that I would spend pick #25 on any of those three I listed before Hopkins.

lukerguy

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2sxcj5j3 said:
lukerguy":2sxcj5j3 said:
McGruff":2sxcj5j3 said:

Im struggling to put your thought process/logic together. Maybe you can help. What does Tate have to do with anything and doesn't that hurt your argument for Hopkins?

Very few WRs year one produce at a "star level" (Randy Moss.... and ?). Im not concerned about year one and I wouldn't view any WR chosen as someone who would step in and be a star right away. I would prefer they draft for upside and develop the WR so year 2 or 3 they can take over for either Tate or Rice. I don't think Hopkins is horrible, I just think he is going to be above average (Greg Jennings is an example of above average). I would prefer they take a chance on a guy with more talent who has the chance to become great. You are also going to have to spend a 1st on Hopkins, two of the three I listed are probably available in the 2nd.

Even at that I would spend pick #25 on any of those three I listed before Hopkins.

My point with Tate is that he was a poor route runner who had GOOD hands and produced in college, and he still struggled in his first few years...If you think a guy who is a poor route runner, and not a refined catcher of the football, like Patterson cant step in an contribute as a #1/2 on this team, then I think you're wrong. Agree to disagree at this point :)

seahawks875

Reaction score
Here are my top 5 recievers:
1. Deandre Hopkins
2. Keenan Allen
3. Justin hunter
4. Robert woods
5. Cordarelle Patterson
I think any one of these 5 would good picks, but I think Hopkins is by far the best with there being another big gap between Allen and the rest, I really want Hopkins or Allen round 1.

Latest posts