Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 581
Free Agency:

Cliff Avril, DE - $8m 5y/$40m
Desmond Bryant, DT - $6m 3y/$18m
Tarvaris Jackson, QB - $800k 3y/$2.4m
Alan Branch, DT - $2.5m 2y/$5m

Trade:

Matt Flynn and 5th Rounder
for Jacksonville 2nd Rounder

Draft:

1. Alec Ogletree, OLB


2. Matt Elam, S/CB


2. Da'Rick Rogers, WR


3. Jordan Reed, TE

^ 1:15 mark

4. Marquise Goodwin, WR


5. Ricky Wagner, OT/G

6. Denard Robinson, QB/RB/KR


==================
Offense
==================

QB: Russell Wilson | Tavaris Jackson** | Denard Robinson*
WR1: Sidney Rice | Da'Rick Rogers*
WR2: Golden Tate | Doug Baldwin
WR3: Doug Baldwin | Marquise Goodwin*
TE: Zach Miller | Jordan Reed*

LT: Russell Okung | Ricky Wagner*
LG: James Carpenter | Paul McQuistan
C: Max Unger | Lemuel Jeanpierre
RG: JR Sweezy | John Moffit
RT: Breno Giacomini | Ricky Wagner*

FB: Mike Rob
RB: Marshawn Lynch | Robert Turbin | Denard Robinson*

=================
Defense
=================

LDE: Red Bryant | Alan Branch** | Greg Scruggs
LDT: Desmond Bryant** | Jaye Howard
RDT: Brandon Mebane | Clinton McDonald
RDE: Cliff Avril** | Bruce Irvin | Chris Clemons

LOLB: Alec Ogletree* | Malcolm Smith
MLB: Bobby Wagner | Heath Farwell
ROLB: K.J. Wright | Mike Morgan

LCB: Richard Sherman | Byron Maxwell
SS: Kam Chancellor | Winston Guy
FS: Earl Thomas | Matt Elam*
RCB: Brandon Browner | Jeremy Lane
Nickel: Matt Elam* | Byron Maxwell
Dime: Jeremy Lane


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7609
Nice work. It would be really cool if it broke down that way. Be prepared to hear all about how Flynn isn't worth any draft capital though. :)

_________________
"God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 581
Thanks! I hope so, too.

Gus Bradley may have something to say about that at some point...


Quote:
The biggest question facing Bradley’s new team may be whether it has a quarterback who can run that explosive offense. Although new Jaguars G.M. David Caldwell has slammed the door on bringing in Tim Tebow, Bradley did not close the door on trading for Seahawks quarterback Matt Flynn, saying only that he can’t talk about it now while Flynn is with the Seahawks.

Whether it’s Flynn or someone else, a new quarterback may be even more important than a new coach for bringing some enthusiasm to Jacksonville.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ksonville/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:27 am 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7609
Yea, I'm still surprised Gabbert has failed thus far but it looks like he's afraid for his life out there sometimes. Maybe he's got David Carr syndrome

_________________
"God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1379
Hey, good job SDHawk.

Jordan Reed really caught my eye in that A&M game. Everyone knows about his athleticism and that he might be the type of guy the Hawks are looking for for that "joker" position or athletic TE but what I really liked was his blocking. He had some pretty great blocks in that game. He wouldn't be a liability out there in the run game, which is great when you consider that an FA like Cook isn't known as a strong blocker. I'd rather go with the younger, cheaper option like Reed. Good call.

I'm warming up to Ogletree also. For some reason, I was sleeping on him before. I love that he plays special teams, the play he makes as a gunner and on the onside kick in that video are outstanding, and the long, lanky frame he has makes him look like a monster out there.

I'd definitely be happy with a draft like this.

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:18 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 581
Thanks, NYCoug. How do you feel about taking a hybrid safety in the early rounds? I think Matt Elam may be the most "seahawky" player in this draft but haven't seen many/any mocks with us taking him.

Watch the highlight I put up... I love how receivers get butter fingers knowing Elam is bearing down on them and about to put on the hurt.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Posts: 1379
SDHawk wrote:
Thanks, NYCoug. How do you feel about taking a hybrid safety in the early rounds? I think Matt Elam may be the most "seahawky" player in this draft but haven't seen many/any mocks with us taking him.

Watch the highlight I put up... I love how receivers get butter fingers knowing Elam is bearing down on them and about to put on the hurt.


Awesome moment just now. I read your post and scrolled up to watch the Elam video. I've been very interested in him, more so than even Shariff Floyd, because of his ties to Dan Quinn at Florida. So as I press play on the video I'm thinking "can he play the nickel?" And the first thing I hear is the commentator gushing about how Elam's one of those guys that can "do it all" at the next level, play the nickel and in the dime. Thought that was pretty cool and you'd appreciate that. Now, on to the actual video...

I gotta start stealing some of these highlight videos and dubbing better songs over them. I swear mine would be sick!! 99% of the time either the song is trash or it doesn't go with the player's style at all, but I digress...

All I can say is WOW! I'm impressed. Gotta be honest, I didn't watch much of him this season but what I can tell you based off this 4 minute clip is that he's an AMAZING tackler for a guy his size. I like the reckless abandon he plays with, good stuff. Do you see him more as a nickel CB in Seattle or someone who can come in and allow the team to move Earl Thomas around a little bit more. Switch things up, have them rotate in the nickel... Do you think Elam can play that "centerfield" position that Earl does? To me, he reminds me a bit of a cross between Jeron Johnson and Earl Thomas. He doesn't have the blazing speed that Earl does but he's relentless like Jeron.

I've been pretty high on Cooper Taylor so far in the process, and I flip flop more than John Kerry come draft time, but I'd be willing to take Elam in the 2nd. Love his tenacity and closing speed. Your draft keeps getting better and better SD. :th2thumbs:

_________________
Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 581
Quote:
Do you see him more as a nickel CB in Seattle or someone who can come in and allow the team to move Earl Thomas around a little bit more. Switch things up, have them rotate in the nickel... Do you think Elam can play that "centerfield" position that Earl does? To me, he reminds me a bit of a cross between Jeron Johnson and Earl Thomas. He doesn't have the blazing speed that Earl does but he's relentless like Jeron.


Thanks for the compliments!

Elam is very dynamic and I think it would allow for alot of schematic flexibility. With that said, I like the idea of him playing closer to the line of scrimmage and would prefer to keep Earl in his current role.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2239
NYCoug wrote:
SDHawk wrote:
Thanks, NYCoug. How do you feel about taking a hybrid safety in the early rounds? I think Matt Elam may be the most "seahawky" player in this draft but haven't seen many/any mocks with us taking him.

Watch the highlight I put up... I love how receivers get butter fingers knowing Elam is bearing down on them and about to put on the hurt.


Awesome moment just now. I read your post and scrolled up to watch the Elam video. I've been very interested in him, more so than even Shariff Floyd, because of his ties to Dan Quinn at Florida. So as I press play on the video I'm thinking "can he play the nickel?" And the first thing I hear is the commentator gushing about how Elam's one of those guys that can "do it all" at the next level, play the nickel and in the dime. Thought that was pretty cool and you'd appreciate that. Now, on to the actual video...

I gotta start stealing some of these highlight videos and dubbing better songs over them. I swear mine would be sick!! 99% of the time either the song is trash or it doesn't go with the player's style at all, but I digress...


I didn't mind the song, I just wish song writers would be a little more original. They clearly said "hey, lets rearrange the notes to the Rocky theme and avoid copy right issues and rap over it.....tools.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:15 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
Posts: 1434
Location: Blaine, WA
Reed is a mixed bag as a blocker, but who cares.

He's a guy I'm liking for what we need.

_________________
<A>
<IMG></A>


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:28 pm 
*NET Poop Holster*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:07 pm
Posts: 310
Location: N. Seattle
SDHawk wrote:
Free Agency:

Cliff Avril, DE - $8m 5y/$40m
Desmond Bryant, DT - $6m 3y/$18m
Tarvaris Jackson, QB - $800k 3y/$2.4m
Alan Branch, DT - $2.5m 2y/$5m

Trade:

Matt Flynn and 5th Rounder
for Jacksonville 2nd Rounder

Draft:

I'm happy to see Trufant isn't listed but he still has two years left on his contract.

"Trufant reached a six-year, $50.2 million deal with the Seahawks on Wednesday that includes $20 million in guarantees. In the first three years of the contract, he will make $28 million." (2008)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3313104

So he just gets cut?...traded?



1. Alec Ogletree, OLB


2. Matt Elam, S/CB


2. Da'Rick Rogers, WR


3. Jordan Reed, TE

^ 1:15 mark

4. Marquise Goodwin, WR


5. Ricky Wagner, OT/G

6. Denard Robinson, QB/RB/KR


==================
Offense
==================

QB: Russell Wilson | Tavaris Jackson** | Denard Robinson*
WR1: Sidney Rice | Da'Rick Rogers*
WR2: Golden Tate | Doug Baldwin
WR3: Doug Baldwin | Marquise Goodwin*
TE: Zach Miller | Jordan Reed*

LT: Russell Okung | Ricky Wagner*
LG: James Carpenter | Paul McQuistan
C: Max Unger | Lemuel Jeanpierre
RG: JR Sweezy | John Moffit
RT: Breno Giacomini | Ricky Wagner*

FB: Mike Rob
RB: Marshawn Lynch | Robert Turbin | Denard Robinson*

=================
Defense
=================

LDE: Red Bryant | Alan Branch** | Greg Scruggs
LDT: Desmond Bryant** | Jaye Howard
RDT: Brandon Mebane | Clinton McDonald
RDE: Cliff Avril** | Bruce Irvin | Chris Clemons

LOLB: Alec Ogletree* | Malcolm Smith
MLB: Bobby Wagner | Heath Farwell
ROLB: K.J. Wright | Mike Morgan

LCB: Richard Sherman | Byron Maxwell
SS: Kam Chancellor | Winston Guy
FS: Earl Thomas | Matt Elam*
RCB: Brandon Browner | Jeremy Lane
Nickel: Matt Elam* | Byron Maxwell
Dime: Jeremy Lane


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 581
HUGGY wrote:

I'm happy to see Trufant isn't listed but he still has two years left on his contract.

"Trufant reached a six-year, $50.2 million deal with the Seahawks on Wednesday that includes $20 million in guarantees. In the first three years of the contract, he will make $28 million." (2008)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3313104

So he just gets cut?...traded?


Feel free to update the depth chart for your reference. I think Trufant makes about $1.3M in 2013 so don't think it a big deal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4359
SDHawk wrote:
HUGGY wrote:

I'm happy to see Trufant isn't listed but he still has two years left on his contract.

"Trufant reached a six-year, $50.2 million deal with the Seahawks on Wednesday that includes $20 million in guarantees. In the first three years of the contract, he will make $28 million." (2008)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3313104

So he just gets cut?...traded?


Feel free to update the depth chart for your reference. I think Trufant makes about $1.3M in 2013 so don't think it a big deal.


Trufant was released then brought back on a one-year deal.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 2885
Hasselbeck wrote:
SDHawk wrote:
HUGGY wrote:

I'm happy to see Trufant isn't listed but he still has two years left on his contract.

"Trufant reached a six-year, $50.2 million deal with the Seahawks on Wednesday that includes $20 million in guarantees. In the first three years of the contract, he will make $28 million." (2008)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3313104

So he just gets cut?...traded?


Feel free to update the depth chart for your reference. I think Trufant makes about $1.3M in 2013 so don't think it a big deal.


Trufant was released then brought back on a one-year deal.

He's a FA in 2013.

_________________
EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:49 pm
Posts: 77
Man if we somehow could get another 2nd and were able to draft a guy like Elam I'd be estatic.He looks like a mix between Chancellor and Thomas.He looks to be a ferocious hitter and run stopper with Thomas's range and instincts.I have a feeling that he will not reach the 2nd but he sure has some impressive stuff.I think with him you get a guy who fits the mentality our defense is built on and you could move him around to cover slot guys or allow Thomas to do that while filling in the spot Thomas vacates.I do think finding a capable backup to Thomas would be a need this offseason.

Jordan Reed looks like a smaller version of Zach Ertz.He is very athletic but sure showed to be a very competant blocker which was surprising cause I had yet to watch any video of him.He is a guy who I think we could use split out,on the line or whatever cause he is so athletic.If we didn't go for a Zach Ertz or Gavin Escobar player I think Reed would be a decent option.

Really like the Ogletree pick.He could very easily be picked way higher but I'd love either him or Green at the olb spots.He is super athletic,has soooooo much potential.For a guy who missed 4 games due to suspension he put up some crazy good numbers in the SEC.He is a guy who fits what this defense is looking for.A former safety who can cover TE's and possibly be a decent pass rusher if allowed.

I am so so on the Goodwin pick.Has all world speed which I know Wilson could exploit with his strong arm but just seems like a gimmicky player which isn't all bad but I guess at the same time thats what Denard is too.I like Denard more as a running back.He could develop as a wr but he looked rough at the Senior Bowl.I would almost hope for the likes of Kerwynn Williams the RB out of Utah St to fall to the 6th who I believe is a much better option.

Overall like the picks I wouldn't be upset if its what we ended up with.I do have a feeling that we will be looking to extend our own guys instead of making a super big splash in free agency but you never know with PC/JS


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:38 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7609
No doubt about, Elam is violent, even clocks his own teammates. I'd be worried about penalties and a shortened career. Amazing kid though.

_________________
"God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 581
Is Elam worth a reach in the first?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 873
Olgetree just screams Seahawk, i wouldn't mind that pick if he makes it to 25


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 873
SDHawk wrote:
Is Elam worth a reach in the first?


We already have 4 pro bowl caliber players in the secondary, so no he's not worth a reach in the 1st.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:46 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:06 pm
Posts: 581
getnasty wrote:
SDHawk wrote:
Is Elam worth a reach in the first?


We already have 4 pro bowl caliber players in the secondary, so no he's not worth a reach in the 1st.


Browner and Johnson RFA, Chancellor UFA after next season. We'll need to spend some money on the DL via free agency. I could imagine Elam coming in on a lot of different packages playing nickel at times, both safety positions, WILL on pass rush situations... it gives us so many different looks. And we take the physicality to yet another level... Browner + Kam + Elam :snack:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Championship Moves
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 2015
Location: Graham, WA
Ogletree and Elam would be wonderful additions to our defense. Adding more aggressive youth foe more looks and packages giving us incredible depth. All giving us some freedom when some of our young FA's hit the market. We would still lack in the pass rushing DT and could use a DE to hold it down until Clemons is back.

Until the playoffs teams were beating us by exploiting Hill and Trufant. Elam and Ogletree would turn a weakness into a team strength. I don't see a DT or DE that will be available at #25 that would give me the confidence to say that it is now a position of strength.

When a player comes along that just has that "it" factor which it sure looks like Ogletree and Elam both have teams will regret passing over them for the ceiling or need of another player.

Look at Baltimore. Reed, Suggs, and Ngata were all player I wanted Seattle to draft they had that "it" factor, it didnt' matter if Baltimore needed those positions, if they were the #1 priority or not but those players became cornerstones of the franchise and made everyone around them better.

Disipte my desire to surround RW with a 1st round WR or TE, or fill our need for a pass rushing DT. There is a good argument a draft like this would have the biggest impact next year and for years to come. I wish we have three 2nd round picks this year.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drcool, ImTheScientist, McGruff, Mtjhoyas and 26 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.