FWIW...Leroy's Charge will get dropped

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I didn't think Leroy was coming back even before this latest incident............this just expedites the process of his exit from Seattle.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2wo93dcs said:
Well I'm thinking Smitty has taken his job at this point, but I would think hope this type of info would make the moral condemners hold off on their judgement, at least for a little while.
Good luck.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hill needs to learn compassion. He doesn't even have it for himself. Sad, really sad.

The Radish

Reaction score
"I would take that to mean the facts are especially egregious."

Anytime anyone uses the word "egregious" in a sports forum he's out of line. To me that means they have decided to use this place as a courtroom rather than a place to talk sports.

jesus.....save it for a judge, nothing but common folks here.

:roll:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
pehawk":1dswvo0v said:
Hill needs to learn compassion. He doesn't even have it for himself. Sad, really sad.
True. Otherwise he'll only ever be a pathetic almost-was.

cdallan

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3qrxs5sg said:
pehawk":3qrxs5sg said:

Jesus. You've really got it in for Leroy Hill, don't you? Rein it in a little.

CANHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":y1k0len9 said:

Anytime anyone uses the word "egregious" in a sports forum he's out of line. To me that means they have decided to use this place as a courtroom rather than a place to talk sports.

There's nothing common about me. I'm fabulous!
:229031_thewave:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
cdallan":2tu2zkgl said:
MysterMatt":2tu2zkgl said:

Sort of a private joke. You couldn't be expected to understand.

The Radish

Reaction score
CANHawk":19ktiflj said:
The Radish":19ktiflj said:

There's nothing common about me. I'm fabulous!
:229031_thewave:

FLUBULOUS is the word you're looking for.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":b2wc7kb3 said:
cdallan":b2wc7kb3 said:
MysterMatt":b2wc7kb3 said:

Sort of a private joke. You couldn't be expected to understand.

Umm, no, check his sig.

cdallan

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3cthc3sb said:
That's a great point. I need to read sigs more often.

To be fair to Matt, I only changed to this sig last week as retaliation for Ryan describing me as boring and unfunny. Which isn't even that true, as can be seen by the many people who immediately leapt to my defence.

He wishes he could take back his comments now, but it's too late. I have served him.

Face!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hill is a free agent that some other team will sign, maybe this should be moved to the NFL forum. :p

BallHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like this is a bit more serious than him just standing in a doorway.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89033 ... 50000-bail

"According to a probable cause statement released during Thursday's hearing, Hill's girlfriend told police she was assaulted numerous times for more than five hours on Tuesday. The woman told police she was struck 15-to-20 times by Hill, including being hit with a bottle of alcohol in the legs and torso.

The woman told police she was restrained from leaving his residence for most of the day, and had her cellphone taken by Hill. The statement also says Hill used a knife to cut up two of the woman's purses and a pair of shoes."

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
BallHawker":26908ar0 said:
Sounds like this is a bit more serious than him just standing in a doorway.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89033 ... 50000-bail

"According to a probable cause statement released during Thursday's hearing, Hill's girlfriend told police she was assaulted numerous times for more than five hours on Tuesday. The woman told police she was struck 15-to-20 times by Hill, including being hit with a bottle of alcohol in the legs and torso.

The woman told police she was restrained from leaving his residence for most of the day, and had her cellphone taken by Hill. The statement also says Hill used a knife to cut up two of the woman's purses and a pair of shoes."

If this is true, then this is pretty serious. This sounds like a similar profile here to a lot of the DV related cases I used to work with. I remember listening to those interviews on Softy's show after the last incident ... how Leroy said all the right things, how he sounded so contrite, etc. I'm not going to jump to conclusions in this particular case other than to say that this strikes me as exactly the same kind of pattern we see in Domestic Violence cases.

If this is true I hope Leroy gets the kind of help he really needs. People often believe unmistakably that all perpetrators of DV need is Anger Management -- I've been in courtrooms with judges who believe that as well, mistakenly sentencing them to Anger Management when in fact that's probably one of the worst things you can do. You see, what Anger Management does for a perpetrator is to simply give them another tool in their tool belt. So in a hypothetical situation, the police respond to a DV situation and find the woman an emotional wreck ... but the guy cool as the other side of the pillow, swearing that nothing is wrong and that everything's been blown out of proportion. In reality, what these guys need is counseling that aims at the root cause of DV -- the perpetrator's need to have total power and to be in complete control of his partner. DV is far more about Power and Control ... than it is about Anger.

I sincerely hope that this ends up to not be as ugly as it sounds ... but I fear that this is exactly the kind of classic DV situation I described above. One way or another, he's done as a Seahawk. I just wish Leroy all the best and that he gets the help he truly needs if this is all true.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Still sounds like a throwaway charge. I dont see anything he REALLY did wrong.

Wowee, Leroy.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, he's kind of right. I had my rep destroyed, systematically, while I was away. Took about 6 months to undo the damage.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Damn.... Well, it was nice knowing ya Leroy. I hope it isn't true, but that is some pretty deep stuff right there.

The last pieces of the Holmy era are dropping off.

Latest posts