Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:51 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
i'll just leave this here for your reading enjoyment..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--repor ... 46715.html

:thcoffee:

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22630
Location: Kirkland, WA
ROFL, on the team in San Francisco, no less. I wonder if he's gay and still in the closet? That's a pretty excessive set of statements, there. Let's see some of our resident 49ers fans chime in on this one; I'm curious.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:13 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am
Posts: 194
Location: big black hawk
i respect his opinion


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Everyone has a right to be a painfully stupid bigot.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:23 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22630
Location: Kirkland, WA
GeorgeKush wrote:
i respect his opinion


I sincerely hope you meant to say you respect him having the right to express his opinion, and not that you respect his actual opinion on this subject. If not, I feel sorry for you.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:00 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:14 pm
Posts: 159
There has been plenty of forum members here making fun of SF the city, SF the team, and SF fans because the gay stereotype of that area.... but now that 49er player says something... its not okay?! LOL.


There is nothing being wrong with gay. And in my eyes people who hate on homosexuals are modern day racists...almost similar to people during the civil rights era.

The irony here though is great!

_________________
http://www.nfltweeter.com/seahawks/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am
Posts: 194
Location: big black hawk
seahawksflow wrote:
There has been plenty of forum members here making fun of SF the city, SF the team, and SF fans because the gay stereotype of that area.... but now that 49er player says something... its not okay?! LOL.


There is nothing being wrong with gay. And in my eyes people who hate on homosexuals are modern day racists...almost similar to people during the civil rights era.

The irony here though is great!

me included so i'm not going to be a hypocrite and bash him for having a similar opinion on the matter. sf is gay.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Like I said....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 1055
GeorgeKush wrote:
i respect his opinion


I hope you mean you respect his freedom to have an opinion and the freedom to express said opinion, as do I.

But his opinion itself is discriminatory, and I hope you don't agree with it. Any opinion that discriminates against others for being different is wrong and there is no room to debate whether it is right/wrong.

I


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:17 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
seahawksflow wrote:
There has been plenty of forum members here making fun of SF the city, SF the team, and SF fans because the gay stereotype of that area.... but now that 49er player says something... its not okay?! LOL.


There is nothing being wrong with gay. And in my eyes people who hate on homosexuals are modern day racists...almost similar to people during the civil rights era.

The irony here though is great!


The slight difference here though, is that what people say in here, is mostly just to get the ire of niner fans. I'd wager that a good portion of the comments you see like that are meant to get under the skin and are just insensitive pokes, wheras, this is being perpetuated as his actual feelings towards gay people who may be on his team. Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.

Now, with that said, I have no idea if this guy actually meant it. The article talks about these being shock jocks and I have no context to say he said it as some insensitive humor or if he means it.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:18 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am
Posts: 194
Location: big black hawk
so you guys never made fun of sf's infamous gay culture? seahawksflow has a point. stop being hypocritical.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
GeorgeKush wrote:
so you guys never made fun of sf's infamous gay culture? seahawksflow has a point. stop being hypocritical.


As I wrote, making a joke can be insensitive, but it is not necessarily discriminatory. If he's being serious with his quotes here, it's a far cry from making insensitive jokes based on a stereotype.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22630
Location: Kirkland, WA
George, if you don't understand the difference between an opposing team's fans making fun of San Francisco and its gay culture stereotypes and an NFL player that plays for that city's team, an NFL player who by the way has moral turpitude clauses built into his contract to represent his team in a professional manner, then I don't know what to say, except that it's hopeless to discuss this topic with you.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:34 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
GeorgeKush wrote:
so you guys never made fun of sf's infamous gay culture? seahawksflow has a point. stop being hypocritical.


Curious there Kushy.... who's your favorite team.. ?

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
reason i ask is, there's a fella by the name Kush on the 49ers site that has over 2,300 post, and had this to say about this very subject...

"Being ignorant is not something people choose to do either. It's not like Cully is thinking, I know that you don't choose to be gay...but f**k those f*ggots anyways."

could you be one in the same? if i'm wrong i apologize in advance.....

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:39 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Good thing he doesnt play for Pittsburgh.


_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:55 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 161
pinksheets wrote:
Everyone has a right to be a painfully stupid bigot.


Better term .... homophobic. Stay classy 9ers.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:04 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 161
kidhawk wrote:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.


Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.


Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.


So if anyone makes a joke about gay people, they are a homophob, and if anyone makes jokes about race, they are a racist?

Gezzus, people are so effin PC nowadays. Jokes are jokes. The PROBLEM comes when people are actually serious when they make these comments.

I'm certain there are racists or homophobs who claim to only be joking but mean it down deep, but please don't try lumping every joke by every person as them being racist or homophobic, Sometimes a joke is just a freaking joke. Some people won't find it funny some people will, but it can still be a joke.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:03 pm
Posts: 993
Location: Mudbone's rumpus room
Hehe. If the team itself had the courage of its convictions, let alone anything like respect for the city it inhabits and its culture, it would be having precisely NONE of this. It wouldn't send out its flacks to say he didn't mean it or he was misinterpreted or whatever (which, btw, is laughably stupid. Can't really misinterpret what was said.)

But the organization appears to lack these qualities. The franchise is in the Super Bowl and wants to win it and that's the only thing that matters.

_________________
"I have a Super Bowl ring, and I would gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it." -- Doug Baldwin


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:
Hehe. If the team itself had the courage of its convictions, let alone anything like respect for the city it inhabits and its culture, it would be having precisely NONE of this. It wouldn't send out its flacks to say he didn't mean it or he was misinterpreted or whatever (which, btw, is laughably stupid. Can't really misinterpret what was said.)

But the organization appears to lack these qualities. The franchise is in the Super Bowl and wants to win it and that's the only thing that matters.


I love to hate on the Niners as much as the next guy, but I heard that the Niners came out with a statement denouncing what was said and that they'd already "spoken to" the player involved. I'm about to head off for the day so I can't grab a link, but I think I saw it on ESPN...maybe Sando's blog

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:03 pm
Posts: 993
Location: Mudbone's rumpus room
Sure, sure. Of course they said stuff. But did they do stuff? Lol, no. Here's some empty words for ya:

''There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.''

If there was truly "no place for discrimination" they'd have actually taken some kind of action. The only visible action I can see is that they sent out the flack for another round of disingenuous apologies:

''Chris is very apologetic for any harm caused to anyone,'' Palmer said in a phone interview. ''His intent was not that at all. He is one who celebrates the differences of others. All of this was just a big mistake. It was interpreted wrong.''

Culliver's own apology is interesting; at times seemingly sincere and self-reflective, but at other times weasely.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.”

Thoughts in my head but not how I feel? Lolwut? They're just random, unconnected thoughts that pop into your mouth when you get asked about gay players? C'mon. That's just obvious self-serving nonsense.

_________________
"I have a Super Bowl ring, and I would gladly show that to him. And if he doesn’t have time to come see it, tell him he can Google it." -- Doug Baldwin


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:01 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17580
Location: The beautiful PNW
The key point in all of this?

Just before the Super Bowl - DISTRACTIONS, DISTRACTIONS, DISTRACTIONS!

I could give two shits about the subject matter, or anyone's opinion on it. But the fact that it's a distraction before their biggest game of the year is music to my ears.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2049
Haha, he better watch his back when they return home. How dumb can someone be! You can have all the opinions you want...but he should think about where he spends the majority of your working life before spouting off at the mouth. Not to bright.


GO RAVENS.

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm
Posts: 1047
SouthSoundHawk wrote:
Haha, he better watch his back when they return home. How dumb can someone be! You can have all the opinions you want...but he should think about where he spends the majority of your working life before spouting off at the mouth. Not to bright.


GO RAVENS.

He should watch his back on the sidelines before/after the game. Suggs has been very outspoken in his cry for equality with sexual preference. He may have a few words to say.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.


Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.


bigger problem than the guys that states that gay people need to get out of here?........really interesting perspective

I love the retraction / apology that went something like this on twitter: Those were things in my head but don't represent what I am thinking about the subject.......


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:25 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
SouthSoundHawk wrote:
Haha, he better watch his back when they return home.
.


Is this a gay joke? :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
hmmm.. Guess Kush Didn't want to play anymore...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:16 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
VivaEfrenHerrera wrote:
Sure, sure. Of course they said stuff. But did they do stuff? Lol, no. Here's some empty words for ya:

''There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.''

If there was truly "no place for discrimination" they'd have actually taken some kind of action. The only visible action I can see is that they sent out the flack for another round of disingenuous apologies:

''Chris is very apologetic for any harm caused to anyone,'' Palmer said in a phone interview. ''His intent was not that at all. He is one who celebrates the differences of others. All of this was just a big mistake. It was interpreted wrong.''

Culliver's own apology is interesting; at times seemingly sincere and self-reflective, but at other times weasely.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.”

Thoughts in my head but not how I feel? Lolwut? They're just random, unconnected thoughts that pop into your mouth when you get asked about gay players? C'mon. That's just obvious self-serving nonsense.


We don't really know what happened behind closed doors. We may never know. It's easy to assume they have done nothing, because most personnel issues like this are done with privacy in mind. For all we know, he could have apologized, and made promises to do some community service in the field or maybe you're right, maybe they are just sweeping it under the rug. Maybe the Niners organization doesn't really care. Right now it's all pretty much just us guessing. Time will tell

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
what strikes me odd, is how his initial comments were barely in english, but his apology was written with perfect grammar.. safe to say the organization has become very much envolved, and they're taking it very seriously..

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Last edited by hawker84 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
hawker84 wrote:
what strikes me odd, is how his initial comments were barely in english, but his apology was wrote with perfect grammar.. safe to say the organization has become very much envolved, and they're taking it very seriously..


Or his agent. People with black marks like this, don't do so well in the endorsement market

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am
Posts: 2609
If we let gays into football we might as well start letting sheep and goats play!

...wait... that's gay marriage. Give me a minute and I'll think of something different.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
very true...

from everything i've read, the damage is done.. he has lost all respect from his own fan base, one would think his remaining time in SF is going to be short lived.

you're absolutely entitled to have an opinion.. but you've got to pick and choose your battles, because bringing those opinions out in public, right or wrong, come with consequences...

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
hawker84 wrote:
very true...

from everything i've read, the damage is done.. he has lost all respect from his own fan base, one would think his remaining time in SF is going to be short lived.

you're absolutely entitled to have an opinion.. but you've got to pick and choose your battles, because bringing those opinions out in public, right or wrong, come with consequences...


Absolute Truth

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:17 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am
Posts: 194
Location: big black hawk
hawker84 wrote:
reason i ask is, there's a fella by the name Kush on the 49ers site that has over 2,300 post, and had this to say about this very subject...

"Being ignorant is not something people choose to do either. It's not like Cully is thinking, I know that you don't choose to be gay...but f**k those f*ggots anyways."

could you be one in the same? if i'm wrong i apologize in advance.....


that is not i. probably some other weed loving guy. i'm a hawks and raiders fan living in the bay area if you were wondering.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:34 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 292
Location: Lacey, WA
hawker84 wrote:
what strikes me odd, is how his initial comments were barely in english, ..



You mean you actually understood that? I had to run it through my decoder ring a few times.

_________________
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 3075
Location: Anchorage, AK
Harbough just came out and said the whole thing is gay :stirthepot: and he wishes that the media bend over and let it be..........


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 161
mikeak wrote:
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.


Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.


bigger problem than the guys that states that gay people need to get out of here?........really interesting perspective

I love the retraction / apology that went something like this on twitter: Those were things in my head but don't represent what I am thinking about the subject.......


Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.


Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:42 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10041
kidhawk wrote:
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.


Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.

It's a joke when a homosexual says it to another homosexual though. Correct?

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:17 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 161
kidhawk wrote:
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.


Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.


Sorry, I couldn't really think of any real gay-light jokes. I'm telling you ... that a joke like ... "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" wouldn't fly well with most gay people. The joke implies that gays and niner fans are the same thing and coming from a Hawks fan or any other fan who doesn't like the 9ers ...... it's meant in a most derogatory way. What does the word "gay" mean to you in that joke? I doubt it's anything positive.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:23 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12373
Location: Anchorage, AK
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.


Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.


Sorry, I couldn't really think of any real gay-light jokes. I'm telling you ... that a joke like ... "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" wouldn't fly well with most gay people. The joke implies that gays and niner fans are the same thing and coming from a Hawks fan or any other fan who doesn't like the 9ers ...... it's meant in a most derogatory way. What does the word "gay" mean to you in that joke? I doubt it's anything positive.


Yes, and I said it was insensitive, but if you can't see that a person can make that joke an not feel derogatory about homosexuals, then I don't know what to say to you. People can be insensitive and still not actually feel negatively about a class or race or sexuality. Personally, I'd much rather have to deal with people who are insensitive to an issue than people who truly have disdain for me

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 49er hits just keep on coming!!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:42 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 161
kidhawk...

I'll have to agree to disagree...:-) But, thanks for actually talking about it and speaking your truth .... and opinion. That's a good thing.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agcat, Onyx, RolandDeschain, Seahawkfan80, Yxes1122 and 31 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.