Your Expectations for the 2013 Seahawks

My expectations of the 2013 Seahawks is nothing short of...

• Super Bowl Champions!

Votes: 71 50.4%
  • NFC Champions, Super Bowl Appearance

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • NFC West Champions, #1 or #2 seed.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • NFC West Champions, #3 seed or worse.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Wildcard Playoff Team, win at least one playoff game.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • No Playoffs or one-and-done in Playoffs.

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
1 or 2 Seed and let it go from there. We need to lockup the Division and take care of getting a 1st round bye. From there, we shall see.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I'd rather have 3 or 4 seed. We don't do well after bye weeks, but we need home field.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The window is wide open.

Anything less than a SuperBowl appearance is a major disappointment, IMO. The talent level, age of our key players, and momentum in our favor just leads me to that. Carroll said his plan was 4 years, and this will be year 4. I have been cautiously optimistic for the last few years, but now the team has no more excuses and it's time to put it all together.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Super Bowl or bust for me. I think we'll round out the team through a few savvy free agent pick ups and a great draft, and we'll be on our way with our current core.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Last year, I would have set my expectations (or hopes) as just reaching the playoffs. Next year, I set my expectations as reaching the Super Bowl.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I want to see progress.

Win NFC West we get a home game (min #4 seed)
#1 or #2 earn us the bye week and a home game if not 2
Go to NFC Championship

If we host the NFC Championship I expect a Superbowl appearance. Otherwise I am happy with the progress and anything else if gravy.

This year a playoff victory on the road was great, I wanted a home playoff game but it didn't happen so the win at Was and I was content.

RW's 3rd year with the experience of back to back playoff/superbowl losses(if we don't win it all) I can't see us not winning the superbowl.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I will be happy with a good showing or victory in the NFCC game personally, but I have a feeling that this team is going to be very special next year. Once they let Wilson go, PC unleashed a monster. Wilson is a serious winner and will not stop at becoming a Master-Jedi at QB. Even if they don't find another WR or OL player, if the team stays relatively healthy, the sky is the limit.

For the first time, the Seahawks have a team that will be able to beat anyone, anywhere at anytime. The 2005 team was the peak of the Holmgren era. The 2013 team is better than that and built for long-term success.

If they make the SB, they are going to win it. Next season, they are going to be playing home games in the playoffs.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I want to see the Hawks win the NFC west,...this will be no easy feat,...if we can do this and get at least one home playoff game,...well, icy cold NY city is in sight,...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I expect nothing short of winning the Super Bowl. That is the first time I've ever said that about a Seahawks team going into the next season with a straight face.

sutz

Reaction score
My expectation is 12-13 wins, NFCW Championship, and the #1 or #2 seeds. Need that bye week and a playoff home game.

From there, let the chips fall where they may. Now, after the Wash WC game, I don't fear road playoffs games any more. Frankly, we damn near pulled off the win in Atlanta. So if we only get 1 home game in the playoffs, I can deal with it, because I think the team can.

My hope, as always, is a Super Bowl win. We've gort a pretty good team right now. With one more off season, it could be something really special.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":2l3hzy21 said:
I'd rather have 3 or 4 seed. We don't do well after bye weeks, but we need home field.
Huh??? No disrespect but that makes no sense. If we were a 3 or 4 seed wouldn't we still have to play after a bye week if we win a wild card game. We've only had two bye weeks in our history,,,,, 05 and 88,,,, went to the Super Bowl in 05 so I think that bye week worked out ok.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
Aros":27fpnglu said:
I expect nothing short of winning the Super Bowl. That is the first time I've ever said that about a Seahawks team going into the next season with a straight face.
I'll go further, I think we have a shot at a perfect season 19-0.

Reaction score
Aros":xm9u2x3b said:

Very simply, this. Exactly my thoughts.

I just do not see RW in particular letting off the gas next season, and he won't stop until he has led the team to the Championship. He has been displaying an amazing determination matched with unequaled preparation, and we will be a better and more experienced team next season.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think this team is good enough to make the dance, but I don't think anyone can ever really demand a championship. That being said though if we make it to the Super Bowl, I seriously don't see anyone in the AFC that could stop us.

...Come to think of it, I don't see anyone in the NFC that could stop us either.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I'm thinking we need to knock SF off their pedestal first, so winning the NFC West and getting the #1 or #2 seed would be a big success. Keep in mind, please, that I don't think getting to the Super Bowl and winning the mf is off the table, just that I define "success" as improvement over last season's results.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I dunno... the NFL's too flukey and weird to have genuine expectations of a championship. A blown knee, a terrible call, a cheap shot -- all things that happen in an instant and turn promising seasons into 7-9 slogging disappointments. Hawks went 12-4 in 1984 and were the toast of the league. Lots of good players in their prime -- Krieg-to-Largent functioning at a high level. John L catching screen passes. They were picked by many to go to the Super Bowl the next year.

And what happened in 1985? Probably the most frustrating Seahawks season I can ever remember. It was the dreaded Win 2 (we're 2-0, yeah!), lose 2 (dammit!), win 2 (OK, back on track 4-2 baby), lose 2 (good lord guys, wtf?), win 2 (6-4, OK, still in the hunt)... and on like that for the WHOLE SEASON, ending at 8-8.

Of course, all that said, I'm more excited for next year than I have been, probably since then! There's no reason they can't win it all. It's just so difficult and takes so much luck to do it...

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jayburd14":27ydf3yk said:
Aros":27ydf3yk said:
I'll go further, I think we have a shot at a perfect season 19-0.

I'm pretty sure you'll wind up disappointed then.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":38k8x3tm said:
I think this team is good enough to make the dance, but I don't think anyone can ever really demand a championship. That being said though if we make it to the Super Bowl, I seriously don't see anyone in the AFC that could stop us.

...Come to think of it, I don't see anyone in the NFC that could stop us either.

All of this.

I think we are now in a position with this team to expect that they should make a strong run at a SB appearance each year for the next several years. Of course, that doesn't mean they will or that we should bag on the team if they don't bring home the Lombardi because as people have noted several times, the unexpected is always looming around the corner, and if there's a professional league where a handful of small events can dramatically change the course of a team's season, it's the NFL.

Latest posts