49er hits just keep on coming!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2202lpgl said:
Hehe. If the team itself had the courage of its convictions, let alone anything like respect for the city it inhabits and its culture, it would be having precisely NONE of this. It wouldn't send out its flacks to say he didn't mean it or he was misinterpreted or whatever (which, btw, is laughably stupid. Can't really misinterpret what was said.)

But the organization appears to lack these qualities. The franchise is in the Super Bowl and wants to win it and that's the only thing that matters.

I love to hate on the Niners as much as the next guy, but I heard that the Niners came out with a statement denouncing what was said and that they'd already "spoken to" the player involved. I'm about to head off for the day so I can't grab a link, but I think I saw it on ESPN...maybe Sando's blog

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Sure, sure. Of course they said stuff. But did they do stuff? Lol, no. Here's some empty words for ya:

''There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.''

If there was truly "no place for discrimination" they'd have actually taken some kind of action. The only visible action I can see is that they sent out the flack for another round of disingenuous apologies:

''Chris is very apologetic for any harm caused to anyone,'' Palmer said in a phone interview. ''His intent was not that at all. He is one who celebrates the differences of others. All of this was just a big mistake. It was interpreted wrong.''

Culliver's own apology is interesting; at times seemingly sincere and self-reflective, but at other times weasely.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.”

Thoughts in my head but not how I feel? Lolwut? They're just random, unconnected thoughts that pop into your mouth when you get asked about gay players? C'mon. That's just obvious self-serving nonsense.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
The key point in all of this?

Just before the Super Bowl - DISTRACTIONS, DISTRACTIONS, DISTRACTIONS!

I could give two shits about the subject matter, or anyone's opinion on it. But the fact that it's a distraction before their biggest game of the year is music to my ears.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Haha, he better watch his back when they return home. How dumb can someone be! You can have all the opinions you want...but he should think about where he spends the majority of your working life before spouting off at the mouth. Not to bright.

GO RAVENS.

sturg78

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":34f5ewhe said:
Haha, he better watch his back when they return home. How dumb can someone be! You can have all the opinions you want...but he should think about where he spends the majority of your working life before spouting off at the mouth. Not to bright.

GO RAVENS.
He should watch his back on the sidelines before/after the game. Suggs has been very outspoken in his cry for equality with sexual preference. He may have a few words to say.

mikeak

Reaction score
Tailspin Hawk Fan":eedrag4r said:
kidhawk":eedrag4r said:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.

Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.

bigger problem than the guys that states that gay people need to get out of here?........really interesting perspective

I love the retraction / apology that went something like this on twitter: Those were things in my head but don't represent what I am thinking about the subject.......

kidhawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1v519ree said:
Sure, sure. Of course they said stuff. But did they do stuff? Lol, no. Here's some empty words for ya:

''There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.''

If there was truly "no place for discrimination" they'd have actually taken some kind of action. The only visible action I can see is that they sent out the flack for another round of disingenuous apologies:

''Chris is very apologetic for any harm caused to anyone,'' Palmer said in a phone interview. ''His intent was not that at all. He is one who celebrates the differences of others. All of this was just a big mistake. It was interpreted wrong.''

Culliver's own apology is interesting; at times seemingly sincere and self-reflective, but at other times weasely.

"The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.”

Thoughts in my head but not how I feel? Lolwut? They're just random, unconnected thoughts that pop into your mouth when you get asked about gay players? C'mon. That's just obvious self-serving nonsense.

We don't really know what happened behind closed doors. We may never know. It's easy to assume they have done nothing, because most personnel issues like this are done with privacy in mind. For all we know, he could have apologized, and made promises to do some community service in the field or maybe you're right, maybe they are just sweeping it under the rug. Maybe the Niners organization doesn't really care. Right now it's all pretty much just us guessing. Time will tell

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
what strikes me odd, is how his initial comments were barely in english, but his apology was written with perfect grammar.. safe to say the organization has become very much envolved, and they're taking it very seriously..

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":334i7dmp said:
what strikes me odd, is how his initial comments were barely in english, but his apology was wrote with perfect grammar.. safe to say the organization has become very much envolved, and they're taking it very seriously..

Or his agent. People with black marks like this, don't do so well in the endorsement market

12evanf

Reaction score
If we let gays into football we might as well start letting sheep and goats play!

...wait... that's gay marriage. Give me a minute and I'll think of something different.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
very true...

from everything i've read, the damage is done.. he has lost all respect from his own fan base, one would think his remaining time in SF is going to be short lived.

you're absolutely entitled to have an opinion.. but you've got to pick and choose your battles, because bringing those opinions out in public, right or wrong, come with consequences...

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":14nas1ua said:
very true...

from everything i've read, the damage is done.. he has lost all respect from his own fan base, one would think his remaining time in SF is going to be short lived.

you're absolutely entitled to have an opinion.. but you've got to pick and choose your battles, because bringing those opinions out in public, right or wrong, come with consequences...

Absolute Truth

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
hawker84":1yibm2cs said:
reason i ask is, there's a fella by the name Kush on the 49ers site that has over 2,300 post, and had this to say about this very subject...

"Being ignorant is not something people choose to do either. It's not like Cully is thinking, I know that you don't choose to be gay...but f**k those f*ggots anyways."

could you be one in the same? if i'm wrong i apologize in advance.....

that is not i. probably some other weed loving guy. i'm a hawks and raiders fan living in the bay area if you were wondering.

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
hawker84":12fxlfj3 said:
what strikes me odd, is how his initial comments were barely in english, ..

You mean you actually understood that? I had to run it through my decoder ring a few times.

mikeak

Reaction score
Harbough just came out and said the whole thing is gay :stirthepot: and he wishes that the media bend over and let it be..........

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
mikeak":7rm75xyx said:
Tailspin Hawk Fan":7rm75xyx said:
kidhawk":7rm75xyx said:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.

Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.

bigger problem than the guys that states that gay people need to get out of here?........really interesting perspective

I love the retraction / apology that went something like this on twitter: Those were things in my head but don't represent what I am thinking about the subject.......

Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tailspin Hawk Fan":1ulwwxal said:
Yes, bigger. Ask any gay. The guy that comes out and says ... "I hate gays" .... you know where you stand with him. The guys who pretend or *think* they accept gays and say ... I was just joking when I called you a f@&&#t ... its those guys who have NO CLUE and have no understanding that if you make a joke like that -- you've got some hate going on.

Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kidhawk":gkbup42l said:
Tailspin Hawk Fan":gkbup42l said:

Dude, you seriously need to get some perspective. Calling someone a faggot is NOT a joke. It's not even close. Only way it can be is if it's an inside joke between two people who both "get the joke".

Calling someone a faggot is not what people are talking about when they are talking about making jokes. Things are more like "You know you're gay because you're a niners fan" stupid crap like that.
It's a joke when a homosexual says it to another homosexual though. Correct?