Your Expectations for the 2013 Seahawks

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

My expectations of the 2013 Seahawks is nothing short of...

Super Bowl Champions!
51%
NFC Champions, Super Bowl Appearance
19%
NFC West Champions, #1 or #2 seed.
22%
NFC West Champions, #3 seed or worse.
3%
Wildcard Playoff Team, win at least one playoff game.
4%
No Playoffs or one-and-done in Playoffs.
2%

Total votes : 142

Your Expectations for the 2013 Seahawks
Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:13 pm
  • What say Ye?

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• 1 or 2 Seed and let it go from there. We need to lockup the Division and take care of getting a 1st round bye. From there, we shall see.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

• I'd rather have 3 or 4 seed. We don't do well after bye weeks, but we need home field.
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

• The window is wide open.

Anything less than a SuperBowl appearance is a major disappointment, IMO. The talent level, age of our key players, and momentum in our favor just leads me to that. Carroll said his plan was 4 years, and this will be year 4. I have been cautiously optimistic for the last few years, but now the team has no more excuses and it's time to put it all together.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Super Bowl or bust for me. I think we'll round out the team through a few savvy free agent pick ups and a great draft, and we'll be on our way with our current core.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Last year, I would have set my expectations (or hopes) as just reaching the playoffs. Next year, I set my expectations as reaching the Super Bowl.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• I want to see progress.

Win NFC West we get a home game (min #4 seed)
    #1 or #2 earn us the bye week and a home game if not 2
    Go to NFC Championship

If we host the NFC Championship I expect a Superbowl appearance. Otherwise I am happy with the progress and anything else if gravy.

This year a playoff victory on the road was great, I wanted a home playoff game but it didn't happen so the win at Was and I was content.

RW's 3rd year with the experience of back to back playoff/superbowl losses(if we don't win it all) I can't see us not winning the superbowl.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• I will be happy with a good showing or victory in the NFCC game personally, but I have a feeling that this team is going to be very special next year. Once they let Wilson go, PC unleashed a monster. Wilson is a serious winner and will not stop at becoming a Master-Jedi at QB. Even if they don't find another WR or OL player, if the team stays relatively healthy, the sky is the limit.

For the first time, the Seahawks have a team that will be able to beat anyone, anywhere at anytime. The 2005 team was the peak of the Holmgren era. The 2013 team is better than that and built for long-term success.

If they make the SB, they are going to win it. Next season, they are going to be playing home games in the playoffs.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I want to see the Hawks win the NFC west,...this will be no easy feat,...if we can do this and get at least one home playoff game,...well, icy cold NY city is in sight,...
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

• I expect nothing short of winning the Super Bowl. That is the first time I've ever said that about a Seahawks team going into the next season with a straight face.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• My expectation is 12-13 wins, NFCW Championship, and the #1 or #2 seeds. Need that bye week and a playoff home game.

From there, let the chips fall where they may. Now, after the Wash WC game, I don't fear road playoffs games any more. Frankly, we damn near pulled off the win in Atlanta. So if we only get 1 home game in the playoffs, I can deal with it, because I think the team can.

My hope, as always, is a Super Bowl win. We've gort a pretty good team right now. With one more off season, it could be something really special.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:I'd rather have 3 or 4 seed. We don't do well after bye weeks, but we need home field.

Huh??? No disrespect but that makes no sense. If we were a 3 or 4 seed wouldn't we still have to play after a bye week if we win a wild card game. We've only had two bye weeks in our history,,,,, 05 and 88,,,, went to the Super Bowl in 05 so I think that bye week worked out ok.
    seahawkfreak
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Aros wrote:I expect nothing short of winning the Super Bowl. That is the first time I've ever said that about a Seahawks team going into the next season with a straight face.

I'll go further, I think we have a shot at a perfect season 19-0.
    Jayburd14
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Aros wrote:I expect nothing short of winning the Super Bowl. That is the first time I've ever said that about a Seahawks team going into the next season with a straight face.

Very simply, this. Exactly my thoughts.

I just do not see RW in particular letting off the gas next season, and he won't stop until he has led the team to the Championship. He has been displaying an amazing determination matched with unequaled preparation, and we will be a better and more experienced team next season.
    Lieutenant Dan
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• They might as well polish up our first trophy right now.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I think this team is good enough to make the dance, but I don't think anyone can ever really demand a championship. That being said though if we make it to the Super Bowl, I seriously don't see anyone in the AFC that could stop us.

...Come to think of it, I don't see anyone in the NFC that could stop us either.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• I'm thinking we need to knock SF off their pedestal first, so winning the NFC West and getting the #1 or #2 seed would be a big success. Keep in mind, please, that I don't think getting to the Super Bowl and winning the mf is off the table, just that I define "success" as improvement over last season's results.
    MysterMatt
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I dunno... the NFL's too flukey and weird to have genuine expectations of a championship. A blown knee, a terrible call, a cheap shot -- all things that happen in an instant and turn promising seasons into 7-9 slogging disappointments. Hawks went 12-4 in 1984 and were the toast of the league. Lots of good players in their prime -- Krieg-to-Largent functioning at a high level. John L catching screen passes. They were picked by many to go to the Super Bowl the next year.

And what happened in 1985? Probably the most frustrating Seahawks season I can ever remember. It was the dreaded Win 2 (we're 2-0, yeah!), lose 2 (dammit!), win 2 (OK, back on track 4-2 baby), lose 2 (good lord guys, wtf?), win 2 (6-4, OK, still in the hunt)... and on like that for the WHOLE SEASON, ending at 8-8.

Of course, all that said, I'm more excited for next year than I have been, probably since then! There's no reason they can't win it all. It's just so difficult and takes so much luck to do it...
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• Jayburd14 wrote:
    Aros wrote:I expect nothing short of winning the Super Bowl. That is the first time I've ever said that about a Seahawks team going into the next season with a straight face.

I'm pretty sure you'll wind up disappointed then.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• CANHawk wrote:I think this team is good enough to make the dance, but I don't think anyone can ever really demand a championship. That being said though if we make it to the Super Bowl, I seriously don't see anyone in the AFC that could stop us.

...Come to think of it, I don't see anyone in the NFC that could stop us either.

All of this.

I think we are now in a position with this team to expect that they should make a strong run at a SB appearance each year for the next several years. Of course, that doesn't mean they will or that we should bag on the team if they don't bring home the Lombardi because as people have noted several times, the unexpected is always looming around the corner, and if there's a professional league where a handful of small events can dramatically change the course of a team's season, it's the NFL.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I voted for #3, 4 seed. Obviously, I hope I'm wrong and they take it all the way to New York!
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

• Pete would probably tell us that all you can worry about is winning your division. If we win the division, we control our own destiny. If this group can hit the playoffs healthy they have all the tools to go all the way, but we can't go all the way if we don't make the tournament so take care of business and win your division.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:Pete would probably tell us that all you can worry about is winning your division. If we win the division, we control our own destiny. If this group can hit the playoffs healthy they have all the tools to go all the way, but we can't go all the way if we don't make the tournament so take care of business and win your division.

While I agree with this, I also expect to be SB bound based on the talent the team has and what I expect them to address during FA/Draft. I have never been this excited for the future during the offseason and I have been a die hard fan since 1977. I am confident that our new franchise QB will make this happen. :th2thumbs:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• very high...
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

• Undefeated.

Hail WILSON!!!!
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• CaptainSkybeard wrote:I'd rather have 3 or 4 seed. We don't do well after bye weeks, but we need home field.

Normally I would agree but a bye is just more time for Wilson to prepare. God save the team that plays us after a bye.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

These ain't your daddy's Seahawks. #1 seed takes us to the promised land. We don't lose at home.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• Win division. Win NFC. Win Superbowl.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• I just told my husband that in all my years as a hawk fan, I have never been this excited for an upcoming season. I also told him that I have never been this thrilled by a new QB. Of course, he had to say that he will have a "sophomore slump" like all QBs have. I had to point out that DangeRuss is that special and it won't happen. Yep, that is how confident I am about Wilson.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• My "expectation" NONE. It's the NFL, part of what it makes it so awesome to watch is really any game can go any way. Our team will only get better, but so are the other teams. 9ers aren't going anywhere, Saints may be getting back on track (and they visit us this year). Cards are still rebuilding, Rams are definitely getting better (they technically did better than we did against the 9ers this year from a W-L-D standpoint). Even as a better team, our road schedule for 2013 is harder than 2012 IMO. Given we almost beat the Falcons, and smashed the Niners. You'd assume we'd be SB bound next year, but I'm not expecting it. But I certainly will be rooting for it.
    gspin2k1
    NET Rookie

• Has anyone noticed that we have a tougher road schedule than last season and the Niners have an easier schedule. How does that work?
    BBHawks
    NET Bench Warmer

• Niners had GB, NE and Saints on the road last season, much tougher than our Chi, DE, Miami, Buf.... and i'm ok with that.. i'll feel with the right moves this Championship offseason... We'll be able to compete with anybody anywhere... very exciting times.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• realistic scenario-NFC west champs, 1 or 2 seed, chance for the road to the SB to go through seattle.

dream scenario-19-0 PERFECT SEASON.
    chimpanjesus
    NET Rookie

• Jayburd14 wrote:
    Aros wrote:I expect nothing short of winning the Super Bowl. That is the first time I've ever said that about a Seahawks team going into the next season with a straight face.

In our division and conference? nothing like blind homerism in the am.

as long as we imporve over last season, its a win in my book. but i do anticipate that we will end up in the big dance atleast 3 times in the next 10-12 years. i agree with others tho in saying lets just win the division first, then take care of buziness in the playoffs
    "Beast mode was engaged, and when beast mode is engaged, no one can stop him"-- Some skins fan
    "I envy that hard hitting Seahawks D. Love the attitude they play with." Justblaze2729 Denver Fan
    Hawk4lyfe
    NET Rookie

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information