Best Comic Book Movies/TMNT

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Re: Best Comic Book Movies/TMNT
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    12evanf wrote:I tried to watch Avatar, really I did. 30 minutes into it I quit. So stupid.

Which Avatar?

the last airbender, obvs. A vastly superior movie to that piece of trash James Cameron trotted out. Hey James, just because it's blue giants, doesn't mean you ripped off 'last of the mohicans' any less....
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    12evanf wrote:I tried to watch Avatar, really I did. 30 minutes into it I quit. So stupid.

Which Avatar?

the last airbender, obvs. A vastly superior movie to that piece of trash James Cameron trotted out. Hey James, just because it's blue giants, doesn't mean you ripped off 'last of the mohicans' any less....

I didn't even think Airbender, I was talking about the James Cameron trash.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:07 am
  • If you think The Last of the Mohicans was an original movie, you're nuts. Also, I asked because literally everyone in existence that saw the Last Airbender "thing" said it was garbage. Every person, ever. Also, Peaches, why don't you keep your TROLLOLOLOLOLING more to the shack? :P

@12evanf: If you didn't see the whole thing, you can't judge it. Just like the douchenozzles that whine about and critique the president, but didn't vote.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:09 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:If you think The Last of the Mohicans was an original movie, you're nuts. Also, I asked because literally everyone in existence that saw the Last Airbender "thing" said it was garbage. Every person, ever. Also, Peaches, why don't you keep your TROLLOLOLOLOLING more to the shack? :P

@12evanf: If you didn't see the whole thing, you can't judge it. Just like the douchenozzles that whine about and critique the president, but didn't vote.

Two nil!
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:18 am
  • Avatar sucks, presidents suck. Who cares.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:If you think The Last of the Mohicans was an original movie, you're nuts. Also, I asked because literally everyone in existence that saw the Last Airbender "thing" said it was garbage. Every person, ever. Also, Peaches, why don't you keep your TROLLOLOLOLOLING more to the shack? :P

The acting was total crap, the plot sucked, and the cartoonish characters didn't impress me. It was like a Fern Gully remake with a billion dollar budget. The good news: more Avatar for you. :)
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 am
  • 12evanf wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:If you think The Last of the Mohicans was an original movie, you're nuts. Also, I asked because literally everyone in existence that saw the Last Airbender "thing" said it was garbage. Every person, ever. Also, Peaches, why don't you keep your TROLLOLOLOLOLING more to the shack? :P

The acting was total crap, the plot sucked, and the cartoonish characters didn't impress me. It was like a Fern Gully remake with a billion dollar budget. The good news: more Avatar for you. :)

I agree, Fern Gully meets Dances With Wolves. Visually stunning film, total crap as far as plot and acting.
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:31 pm
  • Flippancy is ever so attractive. Whatever, guys. The plot was not original, for sure; but to say the effects didn't impress is just wholesale bias. Again, 12evanf, YOU CAN'T EVEN JUDGE IT based on watching 30 minutes of movie that is over 2.5 hours long.

"Hey guys, I read the first chapter of such-and-such book and it SUCKED so I threw it away and the entire book is utter crap from start to finish because of it!"

^ That's Evan.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:37 pm
  • Avatar is the best movie of all time. How can you not dig the Dances with Wolves meets Star Wars -shake your fist at the man -animated epic? Ya'll are cray cray.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:40 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Flippancy is ever so attractive. Whatever, guys. The plot was not original, for sure; but to say the effects didn't impress is just wholesale bias. Again, 12evanf, YOU CAN'T EVEN JUDGE IT based on watching 30 minutes of movie that is over 2.5 hours long.

"Hey guys, I read the first chapter of such-and-such book and it SUCKED so I threw it away and the entire book is utter crap from start to finish because of it!"

^ That's Evan.

I will admit there is an off chance that after I stopped watching, James Cameron turned into Stanley Kubrick and turned the abysmal plot into something amazing.

I also didn't like Titanic, but the effects at the time were impressive.
    12evanf
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 pm
  • SacHawk, Fern Gully is like the 73rd remake of the same story, so it clearly trumps Avatar because Avatar is like the 78th remake of that same story and Fern Gully's original because it hadn't yet hit that magical "75 remakes is the max, anything past that is bland re-done garbage" barrier. Don't you know these guys are proving their knowledge of history, here?

@12evanf: You know how James Cameron has made a bunch of amazing action sequences in pretty much every film he has ever done? Aliens, Terminator, Terminator 2, True Lies, etc.? Well, you missed like a 40-minute war at the end of Avatar that was awesome as hell. I'm glad you did, though; because your hasty judgement means you don't deserve to see it, in my opinion. Just like how a good parent doesn't let their kid take two bites of dinner, say this sucks, and go straight to dessert.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm
  • 12evanf wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Flippancy is ever so attractive. Whatever, guys. The plot was not original, for sure; but to say the effects didn't impress is just wholesale bias. Again, 12evanf, YOU CAN'T EVEN JUDGE IT based on watching 30 minutes of movie that is over 2.5 hours long.

^ That's Evan.

I will admit there is an off chance that after I stopped watching, James Cameron turned into Stanley Kubrick and turned the abysmal plot into something amazing.

I also didn't like Titanic, but the effects at the time were impressive.

He didn't. Instead, he used a bunch of sci-fi tropes, thinly-veiled political messages and a ridiculously predictable plot.

It's a beautiful movie to look at, but not a good movie to watch.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 pm
  • ...what's Ferngully?
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:06 pm
  • SouthSoundHawk wrote:Love the puppet TMNT, remember loving them as a kid growing up.

I've recently been getting into The Watchmen. Watched it once, didn't care too much for it. Got a couple of the graphic novels and I'm starting to understand why people dig it. Much different from the average comic book story, and a lot of great underlying tones/themes that get the brain churning.

Love anything Frank Miller is involved with, Kickass, and V for Vendetta are a couple others that I can get into whenever they're on.

Just wish they'd make Y the Last Man into a movie, as long as they don't mess it up, haha.

Good call on Y The Last Man. They needed to make that, like, yesterday. I think it'd be great as an HBO 10 part series. The story is too large to put into a 2 hour move.

Also, gotta agree on Miller..the man's books, if put into the right hands, they just come across as smart and badass, compared to your typical Comic book cross-over film (which are great too). 300 was a fun movie (though, I think the novel Gates of Fire would be a much better movie of the Spartans, if made). The Watchmen is my favorite. I also thought his version of Batman was also a great book, and I think had a big impact on Christopher Nolan's new Batman series (which I thought was great.)
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:54 pm
  • Conan The Destroyer!! (Of course I had a slight crush on Grace Jones!)

Any other Frank Frazetta fans out there?
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 pm
  • I fully back Conan as a movie and as a comic. In the comic world he holds the record for highest body count. Don't mess with CTB!

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    nategreat wrote:I haven't seen it for a long time, so maybe I'd feel differently if I were to watch it again.... but I remember really enjoying "The Punisher." Definitely a bit corny and unrealistic- but that's what comics and comic book movies are meant for!

Which version, Dolph Lundgren or the good one with Thomas Jane?

Thomas Jane one- never saw the other- sounds like I never should either.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm
  • nategreat wrote:Thomas Jane one- never saw the other- sounds like I never should either.

You should. Don't listen to him!
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 pm
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:...what's Ferngully?

Ferngully was the original script to Avatar. After edits it was called Pocahontas.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    nategreat wrote:Thomas Jane one- never saw the other- sounds like I never should either.

You should. Don't listen to him!

This coming from a man with a grammatically incorrect custom moniker :stirthepot:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:If any Twitter employees get assassinated I'll vote Republican from here on out.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:37 am
  • OkieHawk wrote:This coming from a man with a grammatically incorrect custom moniker :stirthepot:

Against my will, imposed on me by petty authority. ;)
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Previous

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:00 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information