Ran into GTate in Whistler here

bubbrubb

Reaction score
hella cool guy....ran into him at a night club up here.

Couldnt be happier to have guys like him on the hawks....really get the impression these guys love playin in seattle.

He was hyped on Carroll, Wilson, 12th man, and everything else....and that wasnt the booze talking!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
cdallan":1ddr4law said:
He wasn't skiing was he?

It's unrealistic to expect professional athletes to not have any athletic pastimes during the off-season. Just have to hope they're responsible. It's pretty rare that they get injured outside of football from other sports, but it has happened. *shrug*

OP
OP
bubbrubb

bubbrubb

Reaction score
I think he was just up checking things out...was his gf's bday according to twitter so probably a little getaway for them...didnt mention skiing. I bobsled up here adn was tryin to get him in the back of my sled for a run....but I tend to crash alot so probably good thing for y'all he had to leave today hah!

pehawk

Reaction score
Whistler in the summer's kinda dope. I dont ski but have been there. It's an isolated town, the broads have fewer options.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I absolutely hated Tate right up until he he blasted Lee in the home opener this year. He's been one of besties ever since. He never drops the ball. Its awesome.

dunceface

Reaction score
My buddies are up there right now! I must inform them!!! :escape:

kearly

Reaction score
I went to Whistler in the Summer of 2007 and almost died from pollen allergies. Another day or two and I would have been in the ICU. It was very pretty though.

hawkpride

Reaction score
You don't have be a skier to enjoy Whistler at any time of the year. Just to drive up on the Sea to Sky Highway is worth the trip. If you have never done it you are missing out on a bucket list item. Once there, the village will be enough to keep you happy at all hours. If you are a boarder or skier even better.

pehawk

Reaction score
Here's a picture of kearly in Whistler.

joshsaviano.JPG

kobebryant

Reaction score
went to UBC for grad school, and we went to whistler almost every long weekend. great times. I guess it could be a nice place to go with the girlfriend, though I wouldn't. So many hot australian chicks there.

was he at garfs?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
kearly":2dej7r8n said:
I went to Whistler in the Summer of 2007 and almost died from pollen allergies. Another day or two and I would have been in the ICU.
We all have our Waterloo's. Just figured that yours would be more dignified.

dunceface

Reaction score
kobebryant":3o96m0so said:
went to UBC for grad school, and we went to whistler almost every long weekend. great times. I guess it could be a nice place to go with the girlfriend, though I wouldn't. So many hot australian chicks there.

was he at garfs?

GARFINKLES!!! haha one of the only places that hasnt changed its name
The Wayans brothers swooped our VIP table one time there
we showed up for our reservation and they said they had overbooked and it was Shawn and Marlon at the table were supposed to have! HA

olyfan63

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":g8e2ws4n said:
I absolutely hated Tate right up until he he blasted Lee in the home opener this year. He's been one of besties ever since. He never drops the ball. Its awesome.
The people who keep track of "drops" stat had Tate near the top of the list for the previous (2011) season, I think without even a single "drop" by their stats.
That block on Lee was SWEET!! All the "it was a cheap shot" clowns need to watch the full play video... Lee was covering Tate, and when Wilson started to run, Lee ignored Tate, didn't expect him to block... and Tate got around in front and blasted him! Awesome!! It was Sean Lee's own damn fault... didn't he see that picture from preseason with safety Eric Berry of KC upside down as Wilson runs by? Bet Lee pays more attention next time...

A

Anonymous

If I'm not mistaken, player contracts prohibit them from participating in extra-gridiron activities which have the high liklihood of causing swift and devastating knee and ankle injuries. Skydiving, snow skiing, base jumping, (et al) are not usually enjoyed by the pro football player friends.

At least, that is my understanding. A ruling perhaps?

Tical21

Reaction score
Golden is an AWESOME guy. Much, much different than I would have thought. I've been lucky enough to play golf with him a handful of times, and found him to be very soft spoken and down to earth. Decent player too.