49er hits just keep on coming!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ROFL, on the team in San Francisco, no less. I wonder if he's gay and still in the closet? That's a pretty excessive set of statements, there. Let's see some of our resident 49ers fans chime in on this one; I'm curious.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
GeorgeKush":82ut8pv4 said:
i respect his opinion

I sincerely hope you meant to say you respect him having the right to express his opinion, and not that you respect his actual opinion on this subject. If not, I feel sorry for you.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
There has been plenty of forum members here making fun of SF the city, SF the team, and SF fans because the gay stereotype of that area.... but now that 49er player says something... its not okay?! LOL.

There is nothing being wrong with gay. And in my eyes people who hate on homosexuals are modern day racists...almost similar to people during the civil rights era.

The irony here though is great!

GeorgeKush

Reaction score
seahawksflow":n1o3a4h4 said:
There has been plenty of forum members here making fun of SF the city, SF the team, and SF fans because the gay stereotype of that area.... but now that 49er player says something... its not okay?! LOL.

There is nothing being wrong with gay. And in my eyes people who hate on homosexuals are modern day racists...almost similar to people during the civil rights era.

me included so i'm not going to be a hypocrite and bash him for having a similar opinion on the matter. sf is gay.

kobebryant

Reaction score
GeorgeKush":7kcsecnq said:
i respect his opinion

I hope you mean you respect his freedom to have an opinion and the freedom to express said opinion, as do I.

But his opinion itself is discriminatory, and I hope you don't agree with it. Any opinion that discriminates against others for being different is wrong and there is no room to debate whether it is right/wrong.

I

kidhawk

Reaction score
seahawksflow":n1lpnsng said:

The slight difference here though, is that what people say in here, is mostly just to get the ire of niner fans. I'd wager that a good portion of the comments you see like that are meant to get under the skin and are just insensitive pokes, wheras, this is being perpetuated as his actual feelings towards gay people who may be on his team. Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.

Now, with that said, I have no idea if this guy actually meant it. The article talks about these being shock jocks and I have no context to say he said it as some insensitive humor or if he means it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
GeorgeKush":1w1txany said:
so you guys never made fun of sf's infamous gay culture? seahawksflow has a point. stop being hypocritical.

As I wrote, making a joke can be insensitive, but it is not necessarily discriminatory. If he's being serious with his quotes here, it's a far cry from making insensitive jokes based on a stereotype.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
George, if you don't understand the difference between an opposing team's fans making fun of San Francisco and its gay culture stereotypes and an NFL player that plays for that city's team, an NFL player who by the way has moral turpitude clauses built into his contract to represent his team in a professional manner, then I don't know what to say, except that it's hopeless to discuss this topic with you.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
GeorgeKush":3bpx5a1d said:
so you guys never made fun of sf's infamous gay culture? seahawksflow has a point. stop being hypocritical.

Curious there Kushy.... who's your favorite team.. ?

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
reason i ask is, there's a fella by the name Kush on the 49ers site that has over 2,300 post, and had this to say about this very subject...

"Being ignorant is not something people choose to do either. It's not like Cully is thinking, I know that you don't choose to be gay...but f**k those f*ggots anyways."

could you be one in the same? if i'm wrong i apologize in advance.....

Tailspin Hawk Fan

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ofl1fnd said:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.

Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tailspin Hawk Fan":1a1aakfq said:
kidhawk":1a1aakfq said:
Racial and gay jokes and innuendo can be insensitive, but doesn't mean the person telling the joke has any disdain for a certain race or sexuality, whereas a person who comes out saying that a person of a certain race or sexuality isn't welcome is an actual problem.

Doesn't work that way, kid. It's those who tell the jokes and say ... "I'm only joking" .... who are the biggest problem to the gay community. Either way the person is a homophob - even if he can't admit it.

So if anyone makes a joke about gay people, they are a homophob, and if anyone makes jokes about race, they are a racist?

Gezzus, people are so effin PC nowadays. Jokes are jokes. The PROBLEM comes when people are actually serious when they make these comments.

I'm certain there are racists or homophobs who claim to only be joking but mean it down deep, but please don't try lumping every joke by every person as them being racist or homophobic, Sometimes a joke is just a freaking joke. Some people won't find it funny some people will, but it can still be a joke.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Hehe. If the team itself had the courage of its convictions, let alone anything like respect for the city it inhabits and its culture, it would be having precisely NONE of this. It wouldn't send out its flacks to say he didn't mean it or he was misinterpreted or whatever (which, btw, is laughably stupid. Can't really misinterpret what was said.)

But the organization appears to lack these qualities. The franchise is in the Super Bowl and wants to win it and that's the only thing that matters.

Latest posts