Russell on NFL AM Wednesday

drdiags

Reaction score
Even more Wilson. (Who turned on the NFL marketing machine?)

Radio Interview with Chicago-media talking about Wilson and Marc Trestman connection

(CBS) – Russell Wilson has been silencing doubters since he first picked up a football.

At 5-foot-11, he’s seemingly too short to be a successful college – let alone NFL – quarterback.

But when Bears new head coach Marc Trestman was the offensive coordinator at N.C. State, he knew Wilson could play at an elite level.

“(Trestman) was the guy that said, ‘This guy can play.’ I already knew that,” Wilson told The McNeil and Spiegel Show. “I knew my ability, but he came up to me and he was the coach that said, ‘This guy can play. We need to offer this guy (a scholarship) right now.’ So, N.C. State offered me (a scholarship) right on the spot. Coach Trestman knew that I had the ability. I have a lot of respect for coach Trestman. I talk to him probably once a week, maybe a little bit less than that. I talk to him a good amount. We’ve always kept in touch over the years.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man,m Wilson is logging the frequent flyer miles!

Since the season ended, he has gone to LA, Hawaii, and now New Orleans.

You would think he would be done with all the travel since the hawks have to fly so much during the season!

CornerHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2u0cv4r0 said:
Just saw the Mike and Mike interview. Good stuff.

He's coming up on NFL am in just a few minutes...

That was a great interview.

You may be the only QB in the NFL that "looks up" to Drew Brees. Ha!

Axx

Reaction score
drdiags":fwy2oykz said:
Here is the Brees and Wilson video for those who haven't seen it.

"Make all 31 teams who didnt draft me regret it"
Wow looks like we got a little Aaron Rodgers on our hands.

I think this man crush Wilson and Breese have developed really increase the chances of making Saints @ Seattle a prime time game kind of like they tried with Flynn vs Rodgers in week 3

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
drdiags, you are coming through, my man! I'm on the road a lot so these interviews are good time fillers.

drdiags

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":24359e7a said:
drdiags, you are coming through, my man! I'm on the road a lot so these interviews are good time fillers.

Glad to help. I know our folks take a lot of time digging out stories so just wanted to pay it forward when I can. Have a safe trip.

A

Anonymous

It's obvious to this onlooker that NFL Network has made their choice for ROY.

They did have a brief Andrew Luck appearance on the air, but that loud-laughing mouth-breather has nothing on Russ in an interview.

And what? no RGIII segments? Mmmmmm...