OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
pehawk":2h5phs87 said:
General Manager":2h5phs87 said:
pehawk":2h5phs87 said:
Umm, Brees has one.

For the record, I hate being Mr. Nit-pick. But, you're amusing, and I'm bored.

You got a surprise team you think Barkley could land, GM?
Seattle would surprise me . If he's as good as some of you think it wouldn't even be a terrible pick just not what i'd expect Pete to do at this time.

Wasn't my question. I never mentioned Seattle, sweetie.

Strange thing to say all the way around imo.

pehawk

Reaction score
Not anymore strange than wanting Kellen Moore as a QBOTF, but I didn't say anything.

OP
OP
General Manager

General Manager

Reaction score
pehawk":swohkm2z said:
Not anymore strange than wanting Kellen Moore as a QBOTF, but I didn't say anything.
You want Moore as your QBOTF well that explains it.

cdallan

Reaction score
General Manager":11mlwygx said:
pehawk":11mlwygx said:
You want Moore as your QBOTF well that explains it.

Don't talk to Pehawk like that. He has a petting zoo. Where's your petting zoo? Eh?

Exactly. End of.

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
Guys I hope we target:*disclaimer* I have listed guys who I believe are realistic targets from our first pick on after,there are a few who *could* go before then but I believe may still fall to us or past,there will be a few I list who I know without a doubt will need some major ?s to come up to have them fall to us or beyond,also will not list any offensive line prospects due to not knowing enough about how each would fit into our scheme ect,most of my research comes via Rob Stanton,Kearly,Twitter feed from this offseason ect.This is alot of personal opinion based on stats as well,I'd love if someone who knew more about the guys listed could give me any insight on anyone or add names if needed!

QB:
Colby Cameron LA Tech-seems like a very efficient qb with only 5 ints thrown on the year,could be a 2nd or 3rd qb depending on if we keep or trade or release Flynn

Matt Scott U of Arizona-Could be a good developmental type qb to groom behind Wilson,has the athleticism to be a good backup behind Wilson

RB:
Kerwynn Williams Utah St-1500+ yds on the ground replacing Turbin,600+ receiving yds in the air,smaller rb who could be a replacement for Washington in the return game,be a 3rd down/change of pace back

Andre Ellington Clemson-Great numbers(don't have the exact numbers),fast/quick twitch back

Mike Gillislee Florida-another 3rd down/change of pace back who is a quick twitch type of player

WR:

Deandre Hopkins Clemson-Great hands catcher,knows how to find openings in defenses like no ones business,got decent speed,hard worker/team player heard reports stating he is one that comes early stays late which would mesh really well with what we are running here,18 tds on the season which fits into PC/JS "Td-maker" mold,Roddy White comparison

Marcus Wheaton Or St-FAST(beat De'Anthony Thomas in the 100m in track),versatile(was used in a number of ways such as running plays,screens,end arounds to utilize his world class speed),very willing blocker,has solid hands,team player,Mike Wallace comparinson

Cordarelle Patterson Tennessee-kind of see him being like the Bruce Irvin pick last year because he won't be a guy who is out on the field every play he is a gimmick player who you use like Percy Harvin,won't rack up a ton of receptions but everytime he has the ball in his hands he has the chance to score,very raw(one year removed from JUCO),can be used as a PR KR gimmick RB,has number one measurables if he develops more more than being a gimmick player,very exciting player in general but raw

TE:
Zach Ertz Stanford:Stanfords best receiver last year,better than advertised blocker,has the speed to line up in the slot and stretch the field,solid hands from what I can tell,is a better overall player than fellow team mate Coby Fleener who came out last year,type of player who is gonna be highly sought after because of guys like Gronk,Graham

Travis Kelce Cininnati-Big athletic te who piled up a lot of tds,don't really know much about him other than the 8 tds I found in his stats

Jordan Reed Florida-Not super big te but is a versatile player who can be used in the slot ect,don't know much about him

Gavin Escobar SDST-Big te who put up very solid numbers the past few seasons

DE:

Margus Hunt SMU-Former Estonian discuss shooter,measured in at 6'8,FBS record holder for blocked kicks in a career(imagine him and Big Red!),raw prospect due to just getting into football in the last few years,I too believe he will be on our radar due to being to say it kindly sooooo unusual,has a high ceiling,seen some comparing him to J.J. Watt

Alex Okafor Texas-Solid if not unspectacular player,had an up and down season but ended on a high note by getting 4.5 sacks in his bowl game,great use of hands,technical player,solid against the run,could see him being a Clemons replacement if he isn't able to start the season healthy because he is good against the run from what i've heard

Dion Jordan Oregon-Guy who could go in the top 10 due to being a "freak" of nature,started off playing te I believe but switched over to de,was used to drop back in coverage,could line up as a Safety,Olb,De,Dt can do it all,sort of raw and didn't put up the stats that many hoped for,tough player who played last few games with a torn up shoulder,I see him being a PC/JS type of player because of what he can offer

Datone Jones UCLA-Don't know much about him other than can be used as either a de or dt potentially

Ezekial Ansah BYU-Raw prospect and could be one that won't contribute right away but could really come into his own in a year or so,tempted to compare him to Jason Pierre Paul but most experts say he is much rawer than he was coming into the NFL

DT:
Sheldon Richardson Missouri-One of the few prospects on my list who will need major major ?s to come up in the pre-draft meetings and combine ect to make a fall to us at 25,plays nasty which would fit in with the type of defense we are trying to run mentality wise,does have a few character concerns but really is the best 3 tech dt in this draft,explosive,lives in the opponents back field,put up great numbers in his first year in the SEC,he is the one player in this draft who I believe is worth trading up for,has everything we need to put us over the top,would free up Clemons and Irvin to make plays while being able to make impact plays himself

Sylvester Williams UNC-realistic option at our first round pick,great 1st step,played injured all season with a bum ankle,could be a very solid 3 tech in our defense

Shariff Floyd Florida-Could be targeted due to playing on Dan Quinn's Florida D these past few seasons,some see him more as a 5 tech in a 3-4 but could potentially be in play for us

Kawann Short Purdue-Put up very solid numbers all 4 years but really a very hot/cold type player which isn't a terrible thing cause if anyone can get him to play more hot than cold its Carrol,3 tech who wouldn't be a terrible pick with our 2nd pick

Brandon Williams Missouri Southern State-Small school guy,don't know much about him other than from the few reports i've seen from the Senior Bowl,could really rise if he blows up higher competition,huge guy(341 lbs) but from what his stats say he made a living preying on qbs(again small school competition) but very intriguing player

LB:

Arthur Brown K-State-Could play either Ilb or Olb(will lb for us),smallish but very quick/fast,solid stats and really the heart of that K-State defense,sideline to sideline linebacker,I'd love to see him play for us

Alec Ogletree UGA-Converted safety who has untapped potential,same as Arthur Brown in the sense that he is very quick/fast but has better measurables that could see him picked in the top 15,I believe he an option to this team due to a comment made by John a few weeks ago when he mentioned that he really liked the junior backers that came out and there were only 4 and Ogletree fits what this team is looking for,great in coverage,some believe he was better than fellow team mate Jarvis Jones

Khaseem Greene Rutgers-Another converted safety who doesn't have quite the eye popping measurables that will get him drafted super high,I see him in play for us in the 2nd or 3rd round,put up very good numbers and will be a guy who fits what this team is looking for in terms of a guy who can cover the middle of the field,team player who is a leader,not quite as exciting as a guy like Ogletree or Brown but is very underrated and made plays all year

Keith Pough Howard-Another prospect I don't know much about but if you look at his stats they are unreal(small school competition),very intriguing based on those stats.

Sio Moore Conn,Trevardo Williams Conn,Zavier Gooden Mizz-Three prospects I haven't really seen much about but could be targets by us,Sio Moore and Zavier Gooden both fill the speed requirement we are looking for with Zavier having reports of a sub 4.4 40,Trevardo Williams put up great sack numbers

CB:

Tharold Simon LSU-Very underrated prospect in my opinion,he lived in the shadow of some very good LSU corners the past few years and put up nice numbers,seems to fit our size requirements for what we look for in a CB.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson Conn-Another bigger CB,put up some nice numbers for Conn.

Leon McFadden SDSU-Not quite as big as the 1st 2 guys on the list but has been tearing it up at the Senior Bowl,put up nice stats.

Sanders Commings UGA-Big CB that performed really well against Alabama in the SEC championship

Safety:

Cooper Taylor Richmond-HUGE safety prospect,seems like the past few drafts we always draft or pick up a UDFA safety,definitely fits our size requirements,don't know much more about him but being a 6'4 225 lb safety makes me intrigued

Chawker

Reaction score
Mcgruff, you listed Berrett Jones, not only do I like him I like the idea of taking a OL in round one. I'd be pleased if Warmack would be on the board at 25.

McGruff

Reaction score
Chawker":1xmuy8wt said:
Mcgruff, you listed Berrett Jones, not only do I like him I like the idea of taking a OL in round one. I'd be pleased if Warmack would be on the board at 25.

Jones has started full seasons at guard, left tackle and center, excelling at all three. I see him as a guard, and a damn good one at that.

Chawker

Reaction score
Not only that but playing all three positions makes him so versatile if one of our guys gets injured. I'd be smiling if we took Jones.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm going to be scandalous and say something that has been on my mind.

I watch Hopkins and I see a guy who is more than likely going to be just another guy in the NFL. He's polished and a good receiver, but I don't see the kind of unique traits that is going to translate into an elite player at the next level. He's got size, but he's not big by any stretch. He's good speed, but he's not fast. He can move, but he's not nifty.

If I'm being honest, he reminds me a bit of Rashaun Woods. Many of you might be saying "who?" And that's kinda the point. woods was a highly productive, well rounded prospect from a big program that went late in the first round, but he didn't have anything to elevate his game. He was a jack of all trades, but wasn't great in any one of them enough to make an impact. That's what I see in Hopkins.

I was a big fan of Woods. Wanted him in Seattle. Thought he looked like Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice. I see some of the same hopes he for Hopkins, but looking at the tape and measurables, its far more likely that he'sRashaun Woods.

There. I said it and I've got my armor on and am ready to take the hits.

Chawker

Reaction score
I was checking out Hopkins and discovered a sophomore WR that has peaked my interest. Sammy Watkins 6'0" 200 very smart, with blazing speed but playing in Hopkins shadows.

hawkstalker

Reaction score
Wheaton or DeAndre Hopkins first round picks will be fine. Based on last year's picks and performance of those picks, I have a lot of confidence in the management of the Seahawks when it comes to draft picks. Hopefully no projects for the future, because the future is NOW.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
McGruff":1lg69kl7 said:

I watch Hopkins and I see a guy who is more than likely going to be just another guy in the NFL. He's polished and a good receiver, but I don't see the kind of unique traits that is going to translate into an elite player at the next level. He's got size, but he's not big by any stretch. He's good speed, but he's not fast. He can move, but he's not nifty.

If I'm being honest, he reminds me a bit of Rashaun Woods. Many of you might be saying "who?" And that's kinda the point. woods was a highly productive, well rounded prospect from a big program that went late in the first round, but he didn't have anything to elevate his game. He was a jack of all trades, but wasn't great in any one of them enough to make an impact. That's what I see in Hopkins.

I was a big fan of Woods. Wanted him in Seattle. Thought he looked like Marvin Harrison and Jerry Rice. I see some of the same hopes he for Hopkins, but looking at the tape and measurables, its far more likely that he'sRashaun Woods.

:13: I agree with you.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":ufvc1wrk said:

I kind of doubt they take Hopkins even if he is on the board at 25. I think these guys would never take a receiver in the first unless he was a prototype number one, and Hopkins isn't.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
General Manager":1fythheb said:
Well Scotto all the QB's still playing are 6'3 and over. How many SB's won by QB's under 6'3 in the last ten years. I agree that it can be done but the 6'3 or more pocket passer is still winning way more often then not.
pehawk":1fythheb said:
Umm, Brees has one.
Umm, add Aaron Rodgers to that list.