Ran into GTate in Whistler here

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Ran into GTate in Whistler here
Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm
  • hella cool guy....ran into him at a night club up here.

Couldnt be happier to have guys like him on the hawks....really get the impression these guys love playin in seattle.

He was hyped on Carroll, Wilson, 12th man, and everything else....and that wasnt the booze talking!
    you want a lil woo woooooooooooo
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

Re: Ran into GTate in Whistler here
Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 pm
  • Tates one of my favorites. Love his energy and cat-like prowess.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 pm
  • Did he tell you why he was there? He wasn't skiing was he?
    Machine-wrapped, with butter?

Yes, machine-wrapped, WITH BUTTER
    cdallan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm
  • cdallan wrote:He wasn't skiing was he?

It's unrealistic to expect professional athletes to not have any athletic pastimes during the off-season. Just have to hope they're responsible. It's pretty rare that they get injured outside of football from other sports, but it has happened. *shrug*
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm
  • I think he was just up checking things out...was his gf's bday according to twitter so probably a little getaway for them...didnt mention skiing. I bobsled up here adn was tryin to get him in the back of my sled for a run....but I tend to crash alot so probably good thing for y'all he had to leave today hah!
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:00 pm
  • Whistler in the summer's kinda dope. I dont ski but have been there. It's an isolated town, the broads have fewer options.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:01 pm
  • ..bubrubb and lil sis?

Thats awesome dude
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:03 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:..bubrubb and lil sis?

Thats awesome dude

u want a lil' woo wooooooooooo?! 8)
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:35 pm
  • I absolutely hated Tate right up until he he blasted Lee in the home opener this year. He's been one of besties ever since. He never drops the ball. Its awesome.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:14 pm
  • cdallan wrote:Did he tell you why he was there? He wasn't skiing was he?

You sound like his mom
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:07 pm
  • My buddies are up there right now! I must inform them!!! :escape:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:11 pm
  • I went to Whistler in the Summer of 2007 and almost died from pollen allergies. Another day or two and I would have been in the ICU. It was very pretty though.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:19 pm
  • You don't have be a skier to enjoy Whistler at any time of the year. Just to drive up on the Sea to Sky Highway is worth the trip. If you have never done it you are missing out on a bucket list item. Once there, the village will be enough to keep you happy at all hours. If you are a boarder or skier even better.
    Every week is a championship week, every day is a championship day.
    hawkpride
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:20 pm
  • Here's a picture of kearly in Whistler.

pehawk
    * Report Button *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:24 pm
  • went to UBC for grad school, and we went to whistler almost every long weekend. great times. I guess it could be a nice place to go with the girlfriend, though I wouldn't. So many hot australian chicks there.

was he at garfs?
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 pm
  • kearly wrote:I went to Whistler in the Summer of 2007 and almost died from pollen allergies. Another day or two and I would have been in the ICU.

We all have our Waterloo's. Just figured that yours would be more dignified.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 am
  • kobebryant wrote:went to UBC for grad school, and we went to whistler almost every long weekend. great times. I guess it could be a nice place to go with the girlfriend, though I wouldn't. So many hot australian chicks there.

was he at garfs?

GARFINKLES!!! haha one of the only places that hasnt changed its name
    The Wayans brothers swooped our VIP table one time there
    we showed up for our reservation and they said they had overbooked and it was Shawn and Marlon at the table were supposed to have! HA
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:25 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:I absolutely hated Tate right up until he he blasted Lee in the home opener this year. He's been one of besties ever since. He never drops the ball. Its awesome.

The people who keep track of "drops" stat had Tate near the top of the list for the previous (2011) season, I think without even a single "drop" by their stats.
    That block on Lee was SWEET!! All the "it was a cheap shot" clowns need to watch the full play video... Lee was covering Tate, and when Wilson started to run, Lee ignored Tate, didn't expect him to block... and Tate got around in front and blasted him! Awesome!! It was Sean Lee's own damn fault... didn't he see that picture from preseason with safety Eric Berry of KC upside down as Wilson runs by? Bet Lee pays more attention next time...
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 am
  • If I'm not mistaken, player contracts prohibit them from participating in extra-gridiron activities which have the high liklihood of causing swift and devastating knee and ankle injuries. Skydiving, snow skiing, base jumping, (et al) are not usually enjoyed by the pro football player friends.

At least, that is my understanding. A ruling perhaps?
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:55 am
  • Golden is an AWESOME guy. Much, much different than I would have thought. I've been lucky enough to play golf with him a handful of times, and found him to be very soft spoken and down to earth. Decent player too.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, player contracts prohibit them from participating in extra-gridiron activities which have the high liklihood of causing swift and devastating knee and ankle injuries. Skydiving, snow skiing, base jumping, (et al) are not usually enjoyed by the pro football player friends.

At least, that is my understanding. A ruling perhaps?

Depends on the contracts they can put waivers in there from those things but I was reading through to see if someone pointed this out. Most contracts will specifically not allow something like skiing or heck riding motorcycles (Jay Williams - NBA Duke player anybody?)

OP - you should have reminded him if the bakery was closed when you were done partying DON'T SNEAK IN THERE :)
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 am
  • Tate seems to become more of a weapon every year he plays. The guy gets ball and is crazy elusive, with awesome speed.

He appears to really be having a great time. He is certainly part of a very underrated WR core. I'm sure the Hawks will always be trying to find that stud guy, but these guys made some tremendous catches this year, especially Baldwin and Rice. If Tate keeps improving he will make for a crazy weapon.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:45 am
  • loafoftatupu wrote:...but these guys made some tremendous catches this year, especially Baldwin and Rice.

Did you mean Tate and Rice?
    It's hard for me to remember Baldwin making many tremendous catches this year, since he was injured a lot and when he played, his number wasn't called very much.
    Refresh my memory on all the tremendous catches Baldwin made... I'm only coming up with a small handful of memorable ones from him. But I recall Tate making play-after-play, getting first downs with YAC, making guys miss, making key catches.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:24 am
  • olyfan63 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:...but these guys made some tremendous catches this year, especially Baldwin and Rice.

It's hard for me to remember Baldwin making many tremendous catches this year, since he was injured a lot and when he played, his number wasn't called very much.
    Refresh my memory on all the tremendous catches Baldwin made... I'm only coming up with a small handful of memorable ones from him. But I recall Tate making play-after-play, getting first downs with YAC, making guys miss, making key catches.

TD and centre field catches against Pats and 9ers come to mind.

On a totally unrelated note - first post on .NET after lurking for ages.
    DistantHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am
  • pehawk wrote:Here's a picture of kearly in Whistler.

Paul from 'The Wonder Years'??
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 am
  • Yes. He too basically had to live in a bubble due to allergies. I wonder if the rumors that kearly grew up to be Marilyn Manson are true?
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:18 pm
  • bubbrubb wrote:I think he was just up checking things out...was his gf's bday according to twitter so probably a little getaway for them...didnt mention skiing. I bobsled up here adn was tryin to get him in the back of my sled for a run....but I tend to crash alot so probably good thing for y'all he had to leave today hah!

Was his GF real or.....?
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 pm
  • pehawk wrote:Yes. He too basically had to live in a bubble due to allergies. I wonder if the rumors that kearly grew up to be Marilyn Manson are true?

Well played sir, Well played!
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:27 pm
  • DistantHawk wrote:
    olyfan63 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:...but these guys made some tremendous catches this year, especially Baldwin and Rice.

TD and centre field catches against Pats and 9ers come to mind.

On a totally unrelated note - first post on .NET after lurking for ages.

Juggling 43 yard catch vs. SF
    6 yard TD catch vs. 49ers showed a lot of concentration because Wilson threw it so far out in front of him.
    Great footwork in the corner of the end zone getting his feet down for a 4 yd. td lob vs. 49ers
    Got knocked down by Arrington at the line of scrimmage and still beat him for a 24 yd. TD catch vs. NE
    Great 50 catch over the middle on Arrington vs. NE
    Really nice catch and run vs. Redskins for 33 yards on the drive that brought it to 14-13
    Nice 27 yard catch and run to set up Lynch 3 yd. TD vs. Cards
    3rd and 10 catch for 12 yards in OT vs. Bears to set up game winning TD to Rice
    The 49 yd. 4th quarter catch vs. StL that was nullified by the McCoy holding penalty was pretty sweet too

Doug didn't have a lot of opportunities this year, partially due to injuries and partly due to the emergence of Golden Tate, but he definitely made his presence known when he was needed, especially on 3rd down (as a slot receiver should). When I think of Doug Baldwin this year, what comes to mind was thinking "Oh MY GOD, I can't believe he just made that catch!" when I did see him in action. Certainly, the NE and SF games were his biggest, but that 33 yarder vs. Washington and the 3rd down OT catch to set up the win in Chicago were really clutch.

Of his 29 catches on the 2012 season, 18 of them were for first downs (62%). Compare this to Tate, who was 29/45 (64%), Rice (37/50, 74%), and Miller (18/38, 47%) and he was definitely a consistent contributor, even with lower activity levels. If we compare to the 49ers, Crabtree (57/85, 67%), Davis (26/41, 63%), Manningham (21/42, 50%), and Moss (22/28, 78%) and you have a pretty comparable group of receivers.

Out of curiosity I also looked at New Orleans and Green Bay. In NO, Colston 78%, Moore 84%, Graham 69%, and Sproles 38%. In GB, Cobb 56%, Jones 70%, Nelson 73%, Finley 51%, and Jennings 61%.

I think if you segue this into looking at the Seahawks receiving corps, where they are and where they could be, they definitely have the talent to be a championship corps. With the continued development of Wilson and our run first philosophy, our receivers are definitely consistent enough. I think if the Seahawks want to take a step up, they need to get another receiver in the 70-80% range. Green Bay has 2, New Orleans has 2 and I would bet other "elite" receiving corps around the league are comparable. Free agents that come to mind are Wallace and Bowe who are both in that 70-80% range. Jennings might be if he is in a corps without so many weapons, as was seen from 2008-2010, before the emergence of Nelson and Jones.
    benbu75
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information