Sacramento Kings Fan here

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Give the Kings OKC history.

Seattle will always be the home of Lenny Wilkins, Fred Brown, Jack Sikma, Dale Ellis, X-man, theGlove and the Reignman.

OKC can keep Vin Baker.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Throwdown":1s6b03m4 said:
I dont wanna see no Purple, silver, and black unless its the new colors of an NHL team, in the arena. Just leave the Sactown stuff in Sactown, I don't want it, and Sacramento doesn't want us to have it, so what good would it be? None of that happened here in Seattle, we have no connection to it.

Put yourself in that situation, if OKC had all our retired jerseys and division championship, conference title, and world championship banners hanging out in their arena? I dunno bout you, but I'd be friggin livid if I saw that stuff in OKC.

Also, the great players from their history still have markers for their legacy, the basketball hall of fame is there, nothing they've done is gone forever just because the teams gone.
They do...

The Outfield

Reaction score
My 2 cents: I've heard people have gone to OKC games and not seen any jerseys hanging, which is good news.

chris98251

Reaction score
Peaches should weigh in here, he probably has seen the washing care tag on all of them and know if they were made in China or Mexico. :)

Throwdown

Reaction score
salamander":1p1xq7nb said:
There will most likely never be a Kings again.

I'd like to point out that I felt this way in 2008, there would no Seattle Supersonics again, for different reasons probably. I thought because of the political climate and such that we had NO shot at bringing the NBA back again. Then this dude Chris Hansen, who had been working on this whole plan for, I think it was said 2 years before he even came public with it? This dude might've changed the entire landscape of how arena's and stadiums are funded and built!

His whole deal with the city of Seattle and King County is revolutionary, no ones ever seen something like this. I know y'all in Sactown don't wanna hear that, you probably look at him like a shark.

But what I'm trying to get at is, do not underestimate your fellow Kings fans. If the likely situation happens, and the Kings do become the Sonics 2.0, I really hope you guys down there don't give up the fight. Keep wearing those Kings jerseys, shirts, hats and jackets. Someone, Maybe Burkle & Sacramento can come up with something like Hansen & Seattle did. The NBA isn't just going to leave and never look back, they'll always look back at places like Sacramento and Seattle, I mean hell they even gave New Orleans a second chance! So can't Sacramento get another one?

I hope I don't come across as those Sonicsgate bafoons, and please please please don't follow their lead and come to our games in Kings apparel and do the crap they did to OKC. plllllllleeeeeeeeeeasssssssse for the love of god! don't do that.

pinksheets

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2ldf4fi6 said:
No, contrary to stupid internet rumors, OKC does not hang any jerseys, jersey numbers, championship banners or anything else related to the Seattle Supersonics. people just want a reason to hate.

I'd be extremely surprised if the OKC brass didn't just willingly give back all of the Seattle history, name, colors, everything. I'd also be disgusted if they tried to make an issue of it somehow. No reason NOT to just give it all back.
On top of that, I'm pretty sure all of that stuff is actually still in Seattle.

Throwdown

Reaction score
According to the settlement, items associated with the SuperSonics' history in Seattle, including trophies, banners, and retired jerseys, stayed in the city and it was placed in the Museum of History and Industry. Other items such as televisions, radios, headphones, CDs, chairs, and equipment were shipped to Oklahoma City after the Seattle Storm finished the 2008 WNBA season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Su ... ahoma_City

GIVE KEVIN COLABRO HIS HEADPHONES BACK! BRIAN DAVIS SUCKS AND HE'S NOT WORTHY OF THOSE GRACING HIS HORRIBLE HEAD!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bald, yes

Awesome? noooope

Annoying? ohh yeahh

I remember him quite well from his days on FSN in Seattle doing pregame/halftime/and post game. I also sat and listened to him talk for what seemed about 5 hours (it was only 5 minues) telling us how to get into sports media. This was when I lied to go on this field trip my senior year, just to see the Sonics play the Bobcats.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The same thing happened to the Supersonics - 41 years of history disappeared. Including Slick Watts, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Lenny Wilkins, an NBA championship, ect.. Where the hell's our ring of honor? The Thunder is actually trying to pretend THEY won the championship. The whole situation sucks whore.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Throwdown":134khuwo said:
But what I'm trying to get at is, do not underestimate your fellow Kings fans. If the likely situation happens, and the Kings do become the Sonics 2.0, I really hope you guys down there don't give up the fight. Keep wearing those Kings jerseys, shirts, hats and jackets. Someone, Maybe Burkle & Sacramento can come up with something like Hansen & Seattle did. The NBA isn't just going to leave and never look back, they'll always look back at places like Sacramento and Seattle, I mean hell they even gave New Orleans a second chance! So can't Sacramento get another one?

I hope I don't come across as those Sonicsgate bafoons, and please please please don't follow their lead and come to our games in Kings apparel and do the crap they did to OKC. plllllllleeeeeeeeeeasssssssse for the love of god! don't do that.
You think the Sonicgate people are buffoons? You just advocated for them to do a lot of what they did; keep the Sonics' name visible, our plight seen, the unfair slant of a league, ownership group and local government fail... why should King fans not continue to do that?

While you may not agree with their schtick, I don't know how you can't admire their fandom and dedication to telling a painfully sad story of how the fans of a sports teams are the last ones in lines even though they are the ones lining the pockets of those in power. I would have no problem with Kings fans showing up to SuperSonic games in their gear. I would hope that everyone Sonic fan buys them a beer and tells them to keep wearing their colors so they are not forgotten and it would inspire their own "Hansen" to rise above the swamp and bring them their franchise back (more often than naught at the expense of another city).

Everyone should try to avoid being this douchebag:

BBvQHcjCQAEfsXO

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've always commended them for the move. I just don't like the idea of trolling OKC, I think there were better ways to keep us visible after the movie.

Now the dudes from Sactown Royalty could easily take the idea and apply it to troll us. I don't want that, I want the dads who have been eyeing tickets for a while to get a chance to buy them and take their sons or daughters to see a Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, or Carmelo Anthony, and not go to some guy who decided he feels like he needs to make a statement.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Do you feel that they were trolling OKC fans though or making sure that they were still seen? I don't know what else they could have done? What's going to attract more attention, attending random games? The biggest impact will always be to attend high profile OKC games in OKC or when they travel to Portland.

I could see how that might bother you but I think what they've done is make sure that people realize that the Sonics were not forgotten. Our fans did not give out on the team, Kings fans did not give out on their team. Sonicsgate (which I can't watch; it's too infuriating) is the story how fans are the ones left holding the bill when the League, ownerships and local government doesn't fight for them.

I don't know how many dads are going to buy floor seats behind the team bench for their kids. I have never heard anyone from Sonicsgate speak disparagingly about the fans of OKC. Sonicsgate is actively supporting Sacramento's efforts to keep their team or educate them on what they can do to keep the fight going.

Every fan knew that the best option for the Sonics' return was franchise relocation (expansion was never a feasible idea). That means that every team was in jeopardy of losing their team. Now is the NBA standing pat and allowing Hansen to fool the city into thinking he has any interest in keeping the team in Sacramento... of course not. Per Aubrey McClendon, "We didn't buy the team to keep it in ______." Now there is no fake efforts or demands for a 100% entire public-funded arena.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Well, when Hansen entered an agreement to pay for most of an arena project all that went out the window, how dumb do you think the people of Sacramento are if you think Hansen would do what Bennett did?

I think the movie they did was more than enough though, I think after the impact of the movie was felt it was time to focus on the root of the issue of why they aren't here, an Arena. But everyone played a role in whats happened now. The Sonicsgate guys for keeping the proof that the fans were still around, and Brian Robinson with Arena Solutions. Even though I don't particularly like some of their methods, I can still appreciate what they've done.

But! I think we can agree on this.

Thank the lord for Chris Hansen, and what he's done for us.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
sammyc521":3u4ced6z said:

BBvQHcjCQAEfsXO
It's cool to get excited about the Kings roster or watching them and thinking about them being the Sonics... but don't be a turd and be this guy.

The Outfield

Reaction score
sammyc521":1y7ihivs said:
sammyc521":1y7ihivs said:

BBvQHcjCQAEfsXO
It's cool to get excited about the Kings roster or watching them and thinking about them being the Sonics... but don't be a turd and be this guy.

Yeah, what an jerk.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Is he at a Kings game? If so he's for sure a dick.
P.S. OKC has Payton and Watts OKC Thunder jersies in their ring of honor.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2e3e6fby said:
Is he at a Kings game? If so he's for sure a dick.
P.S. OKC has Payton and Watts OKC Thunder jersies in their ring of honor.

You sure about that? I have seen pics of the interior of their arena and haven't seen them.

Latest posts