Overrated Seattle

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! RATING: PG-13
Overrated Seattle
Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:06 am
  • I went to Red Mill for the first time last night and was disappointed in the food. Heard several of my friends call it the best burger in town and I just don't agree. However, the onion rings were delicious.

What are other notable Seattle establishments that you find 'overrated' or one that lives up to it's hype [Beth's]?
    SUPER BOWL 48 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Overrated Seattle
Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:23 am
  • Dick's is pretty overrated. There's a burger joint in Tacoma called "Burger Ranch" that is just as good imo.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 am
  • The Burger Bar in Tacoma is also delicious. I also have a soft spot for Frisko Freeze.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:54 am
  • Red Mill's onion rings are meh, and their burgers are awesome. You've got it backwards. :)
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:06 pm
  • I'm hard to please as far as a truly outstanding burger goes. I've been around the world and found some pretty delicious offerings. My top three, so far, are:

Helen's Corral Drive-In, Gardiner, MT - 1/2 lb. buffalo burger with traditional fixings, huge homestyle potato slices and a pickle slice. Comes with a personal greeting. Haven't been there in years, but Helen never forgets a customer.

Jeff's Pirate Cove, Talofofo Falls, Guam - 1/2 lb. fresh fish burger with the works. A true, walk-in-from-the-beach, beach bar. The thing that really makes this burger is that you catch your own fish for them to put into the burger.

Kua Aina Burger, Haliewa, HI - three different 1/2 lb. specialties to choose from: avocado, pineapple, or ortega chili burger. A real sand-on-the-floor surfer joint, just across the road from the ocean.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:49 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:The Burger Bar in Tacoma is also delicious. I also have a soft spot for Frisko Freeze.

Burger Bar? Is that that place downtown? And I'm embarrassed to say this...but I've lived in Tacoma for 26 years and have NEVER had Frisko Freeze. Not even when I went to Stadium for a year.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:57 pm
  • Best burger I've ever had traveling the US was Effy's in Lewiston, Id. Not sure if its even still there. Been to the place Sailor mentioned in Montana and its really good but not as good as the one in Fall City.

Next best place is take the Preston/Fall City exit off I-90 follow it into Preston or Fall City which ever it is and there is a burger place there that is beyond compare, and their fries are great also.

You can also get there by taking the back way out of Redmond, that's how we found it. One of the daughters used to live in one of those housing developments on a hill off that road and we took that route to I-90 heading home.

Hate like hell to say this but McDonald's has really good fries.
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union is overrated. Pretentious staff, underwhelming steaks for the price point. We won't be back. The Melrose Grill in Renton and Jak's in Issaquah has much superior steaks and food at a fair price.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:09 pm
  • Aros wrote:Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union is overrated. Pretentious staff, underwhelming steaks for the price point. We won't be back. The Melrose Grill in Renton and Jak's in Issaquah has much superior steaks and food at a fair price.

Agreed. For the kind of scratch one spends at Daniel's Broiler, that money is much better spent at The Metropolitan Grill.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:15 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Best burger I've ever had traveling the US was Effy's in Lewiston, Id. Not sure if its even still there. Been to the place Sailor mentioned in Montana and its really good but not as good as the one in Fall City.

Next best place is take the Preston/Fall City exit off I-90 follow it into Preston or Fall City which ever it is and there is a burger place there that is beyond compare, and their fries are great also.

You can also get there by taking the back way out of Redmond, that's how we found it. One of the daughters used to live in one of those housing developments on a hill off that road and we took that route to I-90 heading home.

That place in Preston the one where the sign says "Burgers and Teriyaki"? I've always shied away from it because either they are good at burgers or teriyaki, not both.

5 Guys is overrated and not a big fan of Jimmy Johns.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:30 pm
  • Daniels was pricey as hell but I enjoyed the service fine. Jaks in west seattle is as good but the experience isnt the same but the again neither is the coin you drop. Ruths Chris is about the middle.

Dicks is waaaaaaay over rated. Even more disappointing is when I found out the werent affiliated with Dicks in Spokane.

Red Mill was a good burger if we are talking burger joint burgers. I hear Burger Master is better. If we are talking dit down restraunt burgers there are a number of places I prefer. Buckleys probably tops that list.

Pizza I have found are pretty much all over rated.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:32 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union is overrated. Pretentious staff, underwhelming steaks for the price point. We won't be back. The Melrose Grill in Renton and Jak's in Issaquah has much superior steaks and food at a fair price.

Agreed. For the kind of scratch one spends at Daniel's Broiler, that money is much better spent at The Metropolitan Grill.

Absolutely. I worked at the Met when I was in college. All the NFL/MLB/NBA players used to eat there and it was really hard not to ask for their signatures. Food is incredible, even though I spent years around the food.

I think El Guacho lives up to it's name and price as well.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:36 pm
  • The Huskies sports programs.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:37 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Red Mill's onion rings are meh, and their burgers are awesome. You've got it backwards. :)

The bun was ok, the vegetables seemed fresh, the patty was just a boring ol patty. They cooked the bacon well though. I don't know if it was the onion rings or the ranch sauce which was delicious.

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:58 pm
  • SonicHawk wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Daniel's Broiler on Lake Union is overrated. Pretentious staff, underwhelming steaks for the price point. We won't be back. The Melrose Grill in Renton and Jak's in Issaquah has much superior steaks and food at a fair price.

Absolutely. I worked at the Met when I was in college. All the NFL/MLB/NBA players used to eat there and it was really hard not to ask for their signatures. Food is incredible, even though I spent years around the food.

I think El Guacho lives up to it's name and price as well.

Metro yes. Gaucho downtown was terrible and service as bad.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:11 pm
  • Had the company holiday party at El Gaucho, food was perfect. Open bar and all that so can't speak for the service or pricing.

Another overrated place is Broiler Bay in downtown Bellevue. I work a couple blocks from there, everyone raved about it, went there once and was not pleased.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:17 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Best burger I've ever had traveling the US was Effy's in Lewiston, Id. Not sure if its even still there. Been to the place Sailor mentioned in Montana and its really good but not as good as the one in Fall City.

That place in Preston the one where the sign says "Burgers and Teriyaki"? I've always shied away from it because either they are good at burgers or teriyaki, not both.

5 Guys is overrated and not a big fan of Jimmy Johns.

Sorry to say I don't even remember the name of the place. If you're going east from Redmond, you turn right towards I-90 and its in the first block on the right/west side of the street. Has a drive through and doesn't seat many.

The wife was sick and we decided to head for home sunday morning and missed a Seahawks game. Knew we had to eat something as there aren't many choices there until you get to Ellensburg. Boy what a surprise the food quality was.

Stopped there going the other way a couple of months later and it was just as good the second time.

:les:
    So close to the real thing.
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 am
  • CALIHAWK1 wrote:Daniels was pricey as hell but I enjoyed the service fine. Jaks in west seattle is as good but the experience isnt the same but the again neither is the coin you drop. Ruths Chris is about the middle.

Ruths Chris was another terrible experience (at least the one at Bell Square)...Steak so charbroiled all we could taste was carcinogens.

For me, the best steaks regionally that I've experienced are in this order: The Met, The Melrose Grill (Renton) and Jak's (Issaquah).

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 am
  • Used to stop at a mom and pops burger joint called Zeke's a loooooong time ago. All I rememer is the place was on one of the mountain passes (maybe highway 2?). Made their fries on the spot from fresh spuds...mmmmm!
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 am
  • SonicHawk wrote:The bun was ok, the vegetables seemed fresh, the patty was just a boring ol patty. They cooked the bacon well though. I don't know if it was the onion rings or the ranch sauce which was delicious.

Did you not get a burger that has their signature sauce on it? They have a kind of mayo-whip-something house sauce that is on most of their burgers that is amazing, and what really makes the burgers there.

As far as the people saying Daniel's isn't worth the money...Yeah right. I've been to probably 10 or so more expensive steakhouses, and maybe two were as good. Their steaks aren't even all that expensive, ($45-$60 for most of them) in the scheme of steakhouses. (Anybody calling something like Outback a steakhouse needs to shut it, that's like saying McDonald's is gourmet.) I've been to Daniel's probably 15-ish times and the service has always been above reproach, and never pretentious. It's definitely a service based upon very fine dining, though; and I've been there with a couple of different people that felt it was pretentious or snobby afterwards, but that had to do with their inexperience in true fine dining atmospheres and not yet being comfortable with it. It was in the eye of the beholder, in other words; and I suspect that may be the case with others that feel Daniel's has pretentious service, but that's just a guess..

Ruth's Chris, on the other hand, claims high-end steaks by smothering them in butter. Only been there once, but if I want an average cut of beef smothered in butter for flavor, I can do that in a skillet on my stove with a short trip to Safeway. That's how it was the one time I was there, anyways.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:46 pm
  • Just based on my experience, the few times I've been to Daniel's, I've never been impressed. And it has nothing to do with "not being comfortable with fine dining atmospheres". I've ate at fine dining, 4 star restaurants in my life and most of those places didn't have the under current of arrogance and pretentiousness (let alone the underwhelming quality of food for the price) that Daniel's on Lake Union had.

I'm glad for you that you haven't had the same experience but please don't bunch the rest of us that have not had a good experience as somehow being "not experienced" (see: refined) with a fine dining experience.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:49 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:The Huskies sports programs.

Hahahahaha!
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:23 pm
  • 13 Coins is super overrated, especially the one next to the Seatac airport. Paid 29 bucks for some Duck and I only got probably an ounce or two of stringy tough meat attached to the bone. I sent it back and just ate my soup and left hungry.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:35 pm
  • Aros, there are several levels of "fine dining"; all I'm saying. What did you find pretentious about their wait staff? Point out some specifics; I'm honestly curious.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm
  • Is a $40-50 steak that much better? Took my ex around Pike's Place and popped into a nice looking restaurant, I think on Stewart street? My damn steak was $60-70. I couldn't believe it. And the tablecloth? A sheet of paper and they provided crayons for you to doodle and ish. Ridiculous.

Edit: Guess the place was called "94 Stewart" and have since shut down.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:19 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Aros, there are several levels of "fine dining"; all I'm saying. What did you find pretentious about their wait staff? Point out some specifics; I'm honestly curious.

I agree there are several levels of fine dining. In my experience, I found the waiters stuffy but the last time I was there (and it really is my last) I was pretty taken back by our waiter's attitude. I had brought a bottle of wine that I wanted to share with our dinner. It was a gift from a dear friend. I can't recall what he said exactly but the waiter made some comment about the wine - and my taste in wine - that was a clear shot at what he perceived was a lack of taste in wine. Now granted, I've never professed to be a wine snob (wine lush yes, wine snob no) but this wasn't a $9.95 bottle of Merlot.

I didn't want to make a scene, I just wanted a nice meal with my wife. So I pretended not to hear or understand his jabs. The meals came and we both were totally underwhelmed. The service was terrible (apparently he assumed I wasn't a big spender due to the wine I brought) and the steaks were absolutely nothing special. In the end, his assessment was prophetic. I gave him a very shitty tip and it was quite frankly the best part of the evening.

I will never, ever go back. Now Chandler's Crab House a few doors down, has always been a delight. The food is excellent, the prices are fair, the staff friendly and the views are every bit as good as Daniels.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm
  • You weren't talking about this guy, were you, Todd?

World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:55 pm
  • Funny, the same people own & run Chandler's as do the Daniel's Broiler restaurants. I've never had anything but a stellar experience at Daniel's.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Funny, the same people own & run Chandler's as do the Daniel's Broiler restaurants. I've never had anything but a stellar experience at Daniel's.

Obviously Todd has a much higher standard for fine dining. Maybe you should just stick to Applebees, that sounds about your level.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:43 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:You weren't talking about this guy, were you, Todd?

That's him! :P

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:21 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:Obviously Todd has a much higher standard for fine dining. Maybe you should just stick to Applebees, that sounds about your level.

Methinks you're reading a bit too much into experiences I said I had with some people in the past.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:56 pm
  • Ok, to clarify, Todd - I wasn't saying that was the case with you, (not knowing fine dining) I was merely saying that I've known a couple people in the past where that was a first for them. If you thought I was insulting you like Absolut does, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way and I hope no offense was taken; or at least that it was removed after my clarification.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:43 pm
  • Never had a problem with Daniels. And, on the list of potential places that reek of pomposity(is that a word?), it wouldn't even crack the top 10. But I dig the whole shtick and ritual of fine dining. There are legitimately waiters(or servers as they like to be called) like the Ferris Bueller guy, and it ruins it for all the outstanding ones. I'm an utter steak snob, so I can always find something to complain about, Canlis aside, best steak I ever had.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:Never had a problem with Daniels. And, on the list of potential places that reek of pomposity(is that a word?), it wouldn't even crack the top 10. But I dig the whole shtick and ritual of fine dining. There are legitimately waiters(or servers as they like to be called) like the Ferris Bueller guy, and it ruins it for all the outstanding ones. I'm an utter steak snob, so I can always find something to complain about, Canlis aside, best steak I ever had.

Canlis is from what I hear, to what all others are judged. Also FWIW I hear that Leschi Daniels is the better of the three.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm
  • The one thing I've learned over the years about steakhouses is that you can't judge them by one single visit. Sure, the supposedly top-tiered ones should be consistant at a high level, but not all cows, cooks and wait staff are created equal. Those of you that were completely disappointed in your experience at xyz restaraunt that one night could have maybe eaten there the next night, and it would have been a complete 180. I've eaten at a steakhouse or five through the years where I've proclaimed "This is THE place!" Then you take all your friends or family there for a big special dinner with your gleaming endorsement, and the whole night was a disaster from the food to the waiters... and there you are, all embarassed. If there was some place that I had deemed excellent on my first visit, then was disappointed the next time, I will usually give 'em another shot. If they let me down again, I'm usually done, because it more than likely shows a lack of consistancy. And who ragged on Sea-Tac 13 coins? For what they are, and they ain't no Ruth's Chris and don't claim to be, they're pretty damn good! Had many post-clubbing drunken grub-outs there. Their Escargot is nummy!

And as far as Canlis? I would eat there if a few things converged, like I was in the area and was already wearing a suit and was loaded with cash (and probably a pretty good buzz to help part with said cash). I have heard stories of people being refused to be seated because of their stuffy-ass dress code... and these were people in nice slacks and shirts. Talk about pretentious.

This is straight off their website.

Q: Why is there a dress code?
    A: Since 1950, Canlis has lived up to its reputation as the swankest, dressiest restaurant
    in Seattle. Today, we maintain that tradition by requesting that men wear a suit
    or sport coat (though we don’t require it in many areas of the dining room). Casual
    attire? Not appropriate. The bottom line: Everyone likes to look good. In 1950, people
    knew fashion and loved to show it. We ask our guests to help us keep that tradition
    alive.

Ok, fine. But I'm a nice jeans and nice button-up shirt kinda guy (What they would call "casual") when I go out for a nice steak. I find I don't enjoy food as much in a suit. Wierd? Guess so. I'm just always uncomfortable in a suit, along with having to be careful that I don't blop some roux on my tie. If I didn't give a shit at all, Sweats would be the best! Lots of room for the 'ol gut to stretch, and then maybe I could actually finish my plate for a change. Hey, it did say a suit OR a sportcoat. Wonder how they'd feel about a gravy-stained light gray sweat-suit with a nice Herring-bone sportcoat (with some sweet brown wing tips of course... I mean, I'm not a savage! :roll: )?

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Ok, to clarify, Todd - I wasn't saying that was the case with you, (not knowing fine dining) I was merely saying that I've known a couple people in the past where that was a first for them. If you thought I was insulting you like Absolut does, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way and I hope no offense was taken; or at least that it was removed after my clarification.

No worries Roland, I took offense a bit at the way you worded your post initially but realized you weren't singling me out by any means.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:...Ok, fine. But I'm a nice jeans and nice button-up shirt kinda guy (What they would call "casual") when I go out for a nice steak. I find I don't enjoy food as much in a suit. Wierd? Guess so. I'm just always uncomfortable in a suit, along with having to be careful that I don't blop some roux on my tie. If I didn't give a shit at all, Sweats would be the best! Lots of room for the 'ol gut to stretch, and then maybe I could actually finish my plate for a change. Hey, it did say a suit OR a sportcoat. Wonder how they'd feel about a gravy-stained light gray sweat-suit with a nice Herring-bone sportcoat (with some sweet brown wing tips of course... I mean, I'm not a savage! :roll: )?

LOL...You crack me up...I'm with ya on the suit and steak deal. I've always said that if I was a billionaire, I would still prefer casual dress over the finest suits.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 pm
  • Aros wrote:No worries Roland, I took offense a bit at the way you worded your post initially but realized you weren't singling me out by any means.

Good deal. Much love, broseph. :)
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 am
  • Damn, one of you must REALLY dislike what I said in here to change my title to Low Class Diner. At least have it be grammatically correct if you're going to punish me for a while. "Low-class" should be hyphenated. You can definitely change it back to what it was instead if you feel so inclined, however.
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:35 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Damn, one of you must REALLY dislike what I said in here to change my title to Low Class Diner. At least have it be grammatically correct if you're going to punish me for a while. "Low-class" should be hyphenated. You can definitely change it back to what it was instead if you feel so inclined, however.

Wasn't me, but currently I'm chuckling like hell at the fact .NET's worst Grammar Nazi has a custom title with a grammatical error in it. That's gonna eat at you like remembering you left the stove on just prior to bailing on vacation.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:06 am
  • It's supremely ironic that you point that out about me, when you're a published author who also lacks proper hyphenation in his own title on this forum. Keep laughing, "bad-ass" chucklehead. :)
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:19 pm
  • I didn't write my moniker, but "badass" is the badass way of spelling "bad-ass". Just because your spell check doesn't like it doesn't mean it isn't valid.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:22 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:I didn't write my moniker, but "badass" is the badass way of spelling "bad-ass". Just because your spell check doesn't like it doesn't mean it isn't valid.

The only spelling checker I use is what's between my ears, mo-fo! Also, if you say so. *Pats Sailor's head*

:D
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:12 pm
  • I wanted to circle back to the original topic and say you're crazy. Best burger in town. :D

Just had a buddy who's a Tacoma guy and just recently had the pleasure of going to the Red Mill at the Interbay location, he loved it. Thought it was amazing, and can't stop talking about it.

SonicHawk wrote:I went to Red Mill for the first time last night and was disappointed in the food. Heard several of my friends call it the best burger in town and I just don't agree. ?
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm
  • Aros wrote:I'm with ya on the suit and steak deal. I've always said that if I was a billionaire, I would still prefer casual dress over the finest suits.

No doubt. I could win the Powerball tomorrow and I'd still walk around in jeans and a Seahawks T. It'd just be nicer jeans and some sweet Nike's... and perhaps a game-worn, autographed Walter Jones jersey :D . Believe me... I've actually put thought into this! :roll:

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm
  • Is this where I go on a rant about the continued degradation of formal attire? Meh, not today.

I get the need to be comfortable, but if I'm going to go eat somewhere nice, I'm going to look nice and dress nice. Fits the mood and the vibe and I dig it.

If I'm going to Dicks, I'm probably going to be drunk on Bud Light and wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.

Got another overrated burger joint, Triple X Burgers in Issaquah. I like the old school feel but the burger, the actual meat, is thin and flavorless, no matter how you dress it up, how messy it is, I still don't feel like I get my moneys worth.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm
  • My 2 cents on the burger thing: If you're ever in Long Beach, Washington, drive about 1 mile north of the main beach access road (Bolstad St.) to the Corral Drive-In on the right. Look sharp, 'cause it's easy to miss. Their burgers are amazing! The wife and I go to Long Beach at least once a year, and 1 or 2 meals are reserved for that place. If you have 6-12 people, they offer what they call the "Tsunami" burger. It's as big as a family size pizza! And they slice it up like a pizza. You have to order 24 hours in advance because the bun is custom made from a bakery in downtown Long Beach. The wife and I met up with my step-daughter and 3 of her friends making it 6 total, including 2 pretty big 20-something guys, and we only made it 2/3rds of the way through it. And it was absolutely delicious! Something I was a little skeptical of, thinking it was just kind of a gimmick burger. They actually ran a story on the place on Evening Magazine several years ago. They have this massive spatula and when they flip this massive burger, the whole staff yells "TSUNAMI!!!". lol... It was pretty funny... and fun. But besides that, their regular burgers are NOT to be missed if you're ever in Long Beach. Fun little town with lots of stuff to do too. Don't miss Marsh's free museum with the famous "Jake, the alligator man". And take your kites, or buy 'em there!

Crude vid of a finished Tsunami burger

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:09 pm
  • seahawk2k wrote:Is this where I go on a rant about the continued degradation of formal attire? Meh, not today.

I get the need to be comfortable, but if I'm going to go eat somewhere nice, I'm going to look nice and dress nice. Fits the mood and the vibe and I dig it.

If I'm going to Dicks, I'm probably going to be drunk on Bud Light and wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.

Got another overrated burger joint, Triple X Burgers in Issaquah. I like the old school feel but the burger, the actual meat, is thin and flavorless, no matter how you dress it up, how messy it is, I still don't feel like I get my moneys worth.

Bud light says it all. You probably don't own a tie. Unless you shop at Ross.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:11 pm
  • I'm with Calihawk on this one, even if his name IS in caps lock. ;)
    RedAlice is right.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:21 pm
  • Lol. Drinking Bud Light is basically saying "I'm average and I want a beer that's just as average"

:P

RIP ROAD WOES 12/2/2012
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET LOUNGE ]

Information