Non-1st round DE we could add?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Non-1st round DE we could add?
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:09 pm
  • Some DE that may not fit other teams systems that we could look at after the first round. We have talked a lot about 1st rounders.

John Simon - 2nd, this dude is a pretty good edge rusher might make it to round 3 and fits LEO well I think.

William Gholston - 4th or 5th, maybe even later, this is a bit of a risk as I don't think he adds edge rush pressure but if Branch doesn't come back we are likely hoping Bryant stays healthy all year and we loose length. Gholston adds length on the edge and I think he could be a run stuffing end in case Bryant went down.

Quanterus Smith - 6th, injury risk, might force him down to the 7th but I think this guy is legit and would be fine picking him in the 4-7 rounds.

Stansly Maponga - 7th, under the radar edge rusher, I think he could be a steal.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Re: Non-1st round DE we could add?
Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:09 pm
  • Simon :0190l:

Need to see the others
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 pm
  • That kid from South Carolina, Pete could motivate him. Devin Taylor, 6'8" 275# 35.75" arms, 10.25" hands. I'd take a chanc on him with our 2nd.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm
  • Armonty Bryant, ECU.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 pm
  • Simon is a tough kid but I think he is too slow. I wonder if he would make a strong MLB candidate? It will be interesting to see how his combine goes.

I'm beginning to think Buchanan will slide to the late second, early third if he has a medicare combine.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 pm
  • Tank Carradine 6'5" 265, 80 tckls 13 for loss and 11.5 sacks for florida state last yr but tore his ACL in his final game...projected 3rd round grade...like this guy a lot but may have to start yr on PUP...could bring in Osi on a 1 yr deal and have Carradine come in after week 6.

Brandon Jenkins: 6'3" 260 olb/de Florida State, tore his pectoral muscle this yr, had a great 2nd yr as a seminole with 21.5 tacles for loss and 13.5 sacks, not as explosive as Carradine, but good nonetheless. 3rd r 4th round grade

David Bass: Nice measurables at 6'5" 275 and a 4.6 40 but played at missouri western so he faced lower level competition...wouldn't mind using a 6th on him
    arghawkfan
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:57 pm
  • arghawkfan wrote:Tank Carradine 6'5" 265, 80 tckls 13 for loss and 11.5 sacks for florida state last yr but tore his ACL in his final game...projected 3rd round grade...like this guy a lot but may have to start yr on PUP...could bring in Osi on a 1 yr deal and have Carradine come in after week 6.

Brandon Jenkins: 6'3" 260 olb/de Florida State, tore his pectoral muscle this yr, had a great 2nd yr as a seminole with 21.5 tacles for loss and 13.5 sacks, not as explosive as Carradine, but good nonetheless. 3rd r 4th round grade

David Bass: Nice measurables at 6'5" 275 and a 4.6 40 but played at missouri western so he faced lower level competition...wouldn't mind using a 6th on him

B-I-N-G-O !
    2013-2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm
  • I like Simon, he's got heart and a great motor. I think that would be a great pick in the 2nd.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 am
  • He kind of looks a bit like Clay Matthews on the edge but he can knife through the line of scrimmage pretty well on run plays. I'm amazed how strong against the run he is for his size, lots of savvy. He's pretty good at getting to the quarterback on tape, hopefully he is forgotten about until we pick him up in the draft!

The Florida St. DLineman could be good but I'm just a bit unsure about them, a little suspect IMO, I wouldn't mind picking one if Schneider makes that call.

Maybe another might be Texas A&M LB, Sean Porter for OLB/DE, a little light for the line but as a moving pass rush/short coverage player could be interesting. Might need to add some weight though. Probably best for us as LB, really similar to our smaller LB Smith.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information