Getting started Tips (Sig pics, etc)...

Have questions or seeking answers regarding anything to do with NET Nation? Here's the place. RATING: PG
Getting started Tips (Sig pics, etc)...
Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:31 am
  • CREATING/EDITING YOUR USER PROFILE:

1. You can update your PROFILE by clicking on the tab marked USER CONTROL PANEL underneath the Net nation banner.

2. You will be brought to the USER CONTROL PANEL page, on the left is a options box, click on PROFILE a list of options will show up allowing you to design your PROFILE to your liking including signatures and avatars.

3. If you would like to use a signature or avatar, you can set them both up from this page. You will have to have a photo hosting site such as PHOTOBUCKET. Copy and paste the IMG tags from the signature you chose to use and paste it in the space for your signature, and Avatar. Example:
    Code: Select all
    [img]yoursigURLhere[/img]

4. Hit the SUBMIT button on the bottom of the page and all your changes should be updated immediately.

POST COUNTS

1. Unfortunately we can't transfer your post counts from Scout to here so everyone starts out at "0" including staff. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation regarding what can be a very sensitive issue for many.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• a couple q?s...

how would I tranfer my sig that was on the other site to this new site?

also, if i wanna post in the classifieds but dont have the req'd "50" posts, can I? I really dont post much so it'll take me a bit to do so.

g'day all! nice new site!
    GO BEARS!

671hawk
    NET Rookie

• How do I know if I've posted in a thread without resorting to my own memory?(might be obvious, but I can't tell??)

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I can't seem to get pics to post in the Photo Forum - I used to just copy them from photobucket but it doesn't seem to want to work for me now. I am partly stupid when it comes to this crap though. Can someone help me?
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• 671hawk wrote:a couple q?s...

how would I tranfer my sig that was on the other site to this new site?

also, if i wanna post in the classifieds but dont have the req'd "50" posts, can I? I really dont post much so it'll take me a bit to do so.

g'day all! nice new site!

To transfer, see #3 in my above post.

Yes, you can post in the classifieds. If we know you, it's okay. We're just trying to avoid fly-by posters who only want to advertise on our site for their own agendas. If you're an active member, we won't have any problems.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays. 
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• SmokeyHawk wrote:How do I know if I've posted in a thread without resorting to my own memory?(might be obvious, but I can't tell??)

-SH

I second this question. Is there some sort of marker indicating the posts I've made comments on?
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

• There is a View your posts link in the upper right corner. It will show your posts starting with the most recent. Hope that helps for now.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• How do you turn off the feature where you reply to a post and after hitting submit, any post made while you were composing the post is displayed and you have to hit submit again?

How can I get the post submit box to continue to scroll after typing outside the original display area? Any further typing causes the display box to jump up and down with no view of the current line of type.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• James, I think what's happening with the first one is that you're responding to a thread at the exact same time someone else is. It's basically just trying to tell you to try again without losing your post.

For the 2nd part, I have no idea. I'll leave that to one of the more tech savvy guys.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NET NATION FAQ FORUM ]

Information