Compensatory Projections 2 x 7th round

Axx

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":yjssva8t said:
lukerguy":yjssva8t said:
I would have given up a 7th to get rid of Whitehurts...but okay!

Really? Cause we swapped 2nd round picks AND gave SD our 3rd round pick in 2010 to get Whitehurst. John and Pete have made some great deals and picks, but this ain't one of them.

LMAO, Clipboard Jesus definitely is not worth a 3rd rounder, or did Schneider see something we didnt?
My guess is that they were only using him to "fill in" and never really planned on keeping him in as the full time starter.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Axx":2406vbpx said:
Sgt. Largent":2406vbpx said:
LMAO, Clipboard Jesus definitely is not worth a 3rd rounder, or did Schneider see something we didnt?
My guess is that they were only using him to "fill in" and never really planned on keeping him in as the full time starter.
They brought him him to compete for the starting job.

Problem was, he stunk.

BASF

Reaction score
Curry played in 11 games for Oakland in 2011 and only 2 games in 2012. The amount of his playing time included in the deal was never disclosed as far as I have seen, so there is no way to know yet which pick of theirs we will receive.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Did nobody notice we're projected to lose a 5th rounder? (Jason Jones)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
thebanjodude":qdmme787 said:
Did nobody notice we're projected to lose a 5th rounder? (Jason Jones)

That's not how that works. :34853_doh:

Those only represent the compensatory picks given to those particular teams when a FA departed. Their arrivals are apparently already taken into account for our team.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't the 7th round compensatory picks be at the end of the seventh round? After all the other teams have taken their regular 7th round picks? So really what the hell good is two 7th round compensatories? Those are basically just guys that probably would have gone undrafted and you could have just invited to camp anyway.

I'm probably missing something here, but I'm labeling that as in the "Woop-de-do-da" catagory.

Largent80

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2a2q000z said:
49ers have 14 picks in the draft.

Yeah I guess that is what happens when your team is owned for so many years, you get picks.... :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":2l7hhhtp said:
49ers have 14 picks in the draft.

the Rams also have a boatload of picks this year, including two first rounders.

NFC west be gettin' crazy tough!

Axx

Reaction score
oh wow it appears i was wrong, we do get 12 draft pics,(I believe)4 of them are 7th rounders though. I would really like to see some trading up this year but its unlikely, Schnieder loves having multiple draft pics and his drafting process is amazing so I am ok either way.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
10 or 12 draft picks,..if all picks are used then I see a lot of players not making the roster,...hopefully we can stash a few on the practice squad for development,..

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Axx":y3m3ga77 said:
oh wow it appears i was wrong, we do get 12 draft pics,(I believe)4 of them are 7th rounders though. I would really like to see some trading up this year but its unlikely, Schnieder loves having multiple draft pics and his drafting process is amazing so I am ok either way.

Here's the difference this year - anyone beyond the 4th round is probably going to have a very tough time making the roster.

Being fat with picks was more important in the fist few years of the rebuild, but at this point it seems like it makes more sense to use them as trade chips.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some wheeling and dealing.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I still think John will try and get as many picks as he can each draft just so he can take more risks or draft more players at one position as they feel better about the current roster. More picks, more chances those big swings work out.