Friendship growing between Fitz and Wilson

OP
OP
MLTHawk

MLTHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":337fp2vd said:
I don't think we get Fitz - ever. BUT RW having fun and getting along great with super star WRs is good. Many of these guys are friends and just building that reputation as a star qb, a great teammate etc makes guys look at you and wanting to play here. Look at Denver this year Manning signs and suddenly good WRs want to be there. I think that as early as this FA class you will see that some guys are going to choose Seattle over other teams when the money is either the same or only slightly lower. Those guys would also choose NE, Denver, Indy and a few other places but they won't choose Oakland, KC, Browns etc.

To me being a part of this group can be huge - it can swing that one or two guys every year. Doesn't have to be the superstars but just that one option guy / "last season before I retire" kind of guy

Yeah, while daydreaming about Fitz, this is really the heart of what I was trying to get out of this thread. I think because of who Wilson is, we are going to be getting a lot of people wanting to come play with him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Fitz is a freak and I've rated him as one of the best of all time...for quite some time. The guy is just money...I think he dropped a total of 2 balls this past season (!?!). That said, we don't need him. Not at his price tag. I believe Carroll and Bevell will turn the reigns over to RW without reservation this next season. RW's accuracy, especially when on the move, continues to dazzle. He has the ability to make a Fitz out of whomever he is throwing to. I just can't believe this kid. Almost too good to be true.

sturg78

Reaction score
There is always a chance the new regime will blow the roster up and listen to all offers. Fitz is older, maybe they will try to get value out of him to build around a younger core. Not smart in my opinion, but crazier things have happened to players his caliber.

HawkWow

Reaction score
sturg78":2d4dfq9k said:
There is always a chance the new regime will blow the roster up and listen to all offers. Fitz is older, maybe they will try to get value out of him to build around a younger core. Not smart in my opinion, but crazier things have happened to players his caliber.

Excellent point and I am hopeful of something like this happening...and believe it will. Perhaps not with the God-like Fitz, but this ain't Egypt no more. We are on the verge of a dynasty and there's players out there, rich beyond belief, that do not want to retire without a ring. Those players will take less money to play for a champion. With our youth and ownership, I can't think of a better fit for such a player.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wilson is already making our mostly pedestrian group of wide receivers look pretty good. Just imagine what he could do with higher-caliber guys like Fitz. The Pro Bowl provided a heck of a preview. Hopefully that was more than just a tease. Adding just 1 wide receiver who can get open on a consistent basis would make such a difference .

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1tlvue32 said:
Wilson is already making our mostly pedestrian group of wide receivers look pretty good. Just imagine what he could do with higher-caliber guys like Fitz. The Pro Bowl provided a heck of a preview. Hopefully that was more than just a tease. Adding just 1 wide receiver who can get open on a consistent basis would make such a difference .

....especially on the final drive of the game with 31 seconds left!!! :shock:

Screaming Seahawk

Reaction score
Fitz's contract pays him a LOT of money. He could be a free agent somewhat soon if he isn't much better in 2013 and 2014 than he was in 2012. Wilson is a sneaky one. He will be a pretty amazing politician some day.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ea1cin4 said:
HawKnPeppa":1ea1cin4 said:

....especially on the final drive of the game with 31 seconds left!!! :shock:

LOL! I have a feeling we wouldn't have needed those final 31 seconds with Fitz, Rice, Tate, Baldwin and Miller.

Uffda

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson, sat next to him on the bench during the game, not getting him either.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Uffda":1m2l188l said:
Adrian Peterson, sat next to him on the bench during the game, not getting him either.
Wilson could work his magic on AP too.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I seen RW getting pretty chummy w/ Breeze too. I have no doubts we are going to be trading Flynn for Breeze to be our new backup.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
What about Jared Allen? He didn't just have dinner with Fitz, Allen was there too.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I would say we're basically in the running for every player who was at the ProBowl, and then some. They will probably all come to Seattle very soon. Brees will back up Wilson and we'll slide Larry Fitzgerald to the #1, we'll bring in Welker for the slot. Revis will come cover the slot and Patrick Petersen will take the side opposite Sherman freeing up Browner to play OLB covering tight ends. Navarro Bowman will replace Browner on running downs and Ed Reed is coming in to be depth at safety. Cameron Wake and JJ Watt are coming to anchor our line and as soon as the Super Bowl is over, Ngata is on his way here too. LeSean McCoy will come in to be our 3rd down back and San Francisco's entire O line is coming to bolster our trenches.

We will get 2 Lombardis per season for the next decade and John Schneider will have the executive of the year award renamed "The John Schneider Award for Excellence" for keeping this all under the cap. The Pro Bowl will be the best of the remaining teams in the NFL vs the Seahawks and every Superbowl will be played in Seattle.

Hard to believe that all happens based on one Pro Bowl appearance by Russell Wilson.

*Edit*
Almost forgot, Pro Bowl MVP Kyle Rudolph will also come in to be our #2 TE after Gronk fails his physical.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JesterHawk":3fm4qdhu said:
I would say we're basically in the running for every player who was at the ProBowl, and then some. They will probably all come to Seattle very soon. Brees will back up Wilson and we'll slide Larry Fitzgerald to the #1, we'll bring in Welker for the slot. Revis will come cover the slot and Patrick Petersen will take the side opposite Sherman freeing up Browner to play OLB covering tight ends. Navarro Bowman will replace Browner on running downs and Ed Reed is coming in to be depth at safety. Cameron Wake and JJ Watt are coming to anchor our line and as soon as the Super Bowl is over, Ngata is on his way here too. LeSean McCoy will come in to be our 3rd down back and San Francisco's entire O line is coming to bolster our trenches.

We will get 2 Lombardis per season for the next decade and John Schneider will have the executive of the year award renamed "The John Schneider Award for Excellence" for keeping this all under the cap. The Pro Bowl will be the best of the remaining teams in the NFL vs the Seahawks and every Superbowl will be played in Seattle.

Hard to believe that all happens based on one Pro Bowl appearance by Russell Wilson.

*Edit*
Almost forgot, Pro Bowl MVP Kyle Rudolph will also come in to be our #2 TE after Gronk fails his physical.

So, the real question is: Which of those players will start getting dogged on this board first? My money is on Welker.

ceej22

Reaction score
Personally I hope we don't sign a big time WR. Signing a guy for that much $$$ and you can throw the competition aspect of PC's style out the window. You might as well figure on saying goodbye to Tate or Baldwin as well. Which is fine if we brought in a top 15 WR. But due to cap space we'll likely have to let ET, Okung, or Sherman go to due to cap space. Unless we don't want to give Wilson what's coming to him in 2 years.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I heard that Calvin Johnson is pissed that Fitz was there at the pro bowl and got a leg up on him in the race to force a trade to Seattle.