Your 12th Man..

firebee

Reaction score
IMO... I think their's a mutual respect developing between Seahawk and 49er fans over our performances in the playoffs. I think Seahawk fans and Niner fans all know that our teams are the best up and coming teams in the NFL. I think the NFC West is going to decide who the NFC Champions are for the next 10 years. I think the Niners may get shafted because the lead-up to this Super Bowl reminds me too much of Super Bowl XL with Ray Lewis retiring, Ed Reed returning home and possibly retiring, the Niners homefield through the playoffs like the Hawks did heading to Super Bowl XL. I hope it's not and I hope to see a good game, but I'm getting horrible vibes from the NFL heading into this game. Very reminiscent of "One for the Thumb"

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1d00rb16 said:
Where the hell's peaches when I need him? Never there.

I ain't buying it either Zeb. With no responce to his own thread as of this posting. The "I come in peace" crap ain't flying here.

The 6th man quip is obviously a barb, a low blow, a shot below the belt.

Hey Nike? speaking of low blows, how's business? I reckon down there you must have your hands/mouth full.

And you spell it, Football. You can thank me some other time.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I just don't get it. If we were in the Super Bowl this week the last thing I would even be thinking about is the goddam 49ers. Or any other team besides the one we're playing against for that matter.

OP
OP
N

Nikefutbolero

Reaction score
Lol sorry guys, I said 6th man because I am a Kings fans and for a longtime were known as the loudest '6th" man in the league. We even have the 6 up in the rafters for the fans. With the whole Kings moving thing, 6th man came to mind. I do know its the 12th man btw..Just a mistake.

As far as the "futbolero" in my name, I was born in Mexico and grew up playing competitive soccer up until college. So I consider myself a "futbolero", someone who plays "futbol" aka soccer. 8)

OP
OP
N

Nikefutbolero

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2ddeuuil said:
I just don't get it. If we were in the Super Bowl this week the last thing I would even be thinking about is the goddam 49ers. Or any other team besides the one we're playing against for that matter.

Ive had a whole week thinking about everything that has to do with the SB. I know my team inside and out and all that's on TV is nothing by Harbowl (we don't like it as much as you do) and Ray Lewis. I'm tired of the type of coverage it's getting and it just makes things go by slower, so I will just wait until Saturday night to start thinking about the game again. I will listen to PTI, Around the Horn, Mike and Mike, podcasts, as well listen to KNBR and CBS radio all week at work.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1deuf1w6 said:
Hmmmm... ok. Well... Go Ravens!

They have to pretend they were fans over the past decade and watching every game the whole time, so they come here to just "talk football". Sort of like how some people try to pretend they visit with all their family members regularly throughout the year when they gather for around the holidays.

OP
OP
N

Nikefutbolero

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18lsw1xm said:
Zebulon Dak":18lsw1xm said:
Hmmmm... ok. Well... Go Ravens!

They have to pretend they were fans over the past decade and watching every game the whole time, so they come here to just "talk football". Sort of like how some people try to pretend they visit with all their family members regularly throughout the year when they gather for around the holidays.

See I could easily respond to that in a lot of ways that would ruffle your feathers but I didn't come to troll...

I was trying to compliment you guys but obviously it's pointless, so I'll stay away and focus on the SB :lol:..

Good luck in the future guys.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3dogjc81 said:
Calling the 12th Man the 6th Man is coming in peace? I don't think so.

Well the Sonics are coming back, so.... Ya know... We were kinda loud in the Key back in the day.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Geez guys...how did you all find a way to jump on the OP? I am starting to think that some of you are trying to provoke us Niner fans in hopes we will blow up and ultimately get banned. He gave you a reason for the 6th man slip up, and gave you guys tons of props in his OP. How do you take that negatively?

The way this thread turned out has convinced me that if I want to be around on here so I can talk to some Hawk fans next season, I am going to have to be more on my guard for the ones who are trying to get us Niner fans banned from the site.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
But back on topic...

I too agree that your stadium is scary loud, something I know you pride yourselves in.

Question...do you guys sometimes wonder if the huge home field advantage your team benefits from, causes more of a negative impact on road games than most teams experience?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18pdlz8o said:
NinerLifer":18pdlz8o said:
Geez guys...how did you all find a way to jump on the OP? I am starting to think that some of you are trying to provoke us Niner fans in hopes we will blow up and ultimately get banned. He gave you a reason for the 6th man slip up, and gave you guys tons of props in his OP. How do you take that negatively?

The way this thread turned out has convinced me that if I want to be around on here so I can talk to some Hawk fans next season, I am going to have to be more on my guard for the ones who are trying to get us Niner fans banned from the site.

You've obviously not been on the internet very long. Trolling is a art to these people. The come on with gushing praise, but insert subtle little barbs that they can show all their little teenage friends and giggle about. I'll not have it.

I already outlined why I think he's a troll. the Kings fan comment proved it. That, and there's really no other reason to come on a Seahawks board as a niner fan and NOT just talk about football or talk smack. Do Seahawks fans go to 49erwebzone and talk about how great Candledick park is, or how awesome youe coach is, or how classy your fans are? NO. Because we're rivals. We hate you, you hate us. We're happy to have intelligent conversations about actual football, but I WILL NOT tolerate trolls coming here under false pretenses just to wind everyone up.

I respect your way of thinking. Again I see the webzone brought up. I asked before if that site is one of the reasons for the negative opinion about us. Have you been to 49ers.com? We have heard that webzone is quite ridiculous as it is filled with mostly teenagers that like you said just enjoy causing trouble so they can laugh about it at their little lunch table at school.

And just for the record, I am in my low 30's and have been on the Internet for quite a while LOL. As a teenager I frequented yahoo style chat rooms where this behavior was the norm.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That's awesome.. Just about a week ago, while driving through Eastern Oregon, I picked up KNBR (SF Sports) and they had the radio play by play guy on. He was all over the Hawks, saying that he was very concerned when the Hawks went up in ATL and felt that they coming to SF would have been tougher than playing ATL in GA. He also noted that the Niners dodged a bullet by beating NE because if the Niners were to find themselves in Seattle that they would have little chance of winning there. Specifically noting it as the loudest crowd he has ever heard. Mentioned that there are many places that can get loud, but the fans have to actually make the noise and that Seattle fans never quit.

Then they both talked about how the Hawks got jobbed in 2005 by the refs, hoping that the whole Ray-Ray retirement story doesn't affect the game.

I actually listened to 2 solid hours of Niner-love after that because those guys were reppin' the 12's.

Any Niner fan giving the 12's props for noise is OK in my book. Usually the average Niner fan claims it is pumped in. Which is kind of dumb because stuff like that just makes it worse on game day.

I have to admit, if you ever get a chance to be on the field (I get to for pre-game sometimes) and you wait for the intros, you will get an idea of how loud it really is. From the field, it feels like the fans are right on top of you, like they are RIGHT THERE. You can easily pick people out of the crowd and the one time I was on the field for kickoff, it was like thunder. I could only imagine how loud it is during the game.