Todd Wash hired by Jaguars

CANHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3q91qhtf said:
Spags is out there now...pretty good track record at D-line.

Coach Spaghetti-O's!? It'd be worth it just so I can reference Coach Spaghetti-O's again!

But a quick look at the wikipedia (which is 100% accurate and never ever wrong) says all of coach Sgaghetti-O's positional coaching history comes as a DB coach (which makes sense, he's a tiny man). Why does he have a good track record with the D-line? NYG's d-line success sounds more like a product of Mike Waffle's philosophy (which he's also had success with in OAK and STL) than Coach Spaghetti-O's.

Coach Spaghetti-O's!

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I also believe Wash and Bradley played together in college... they're pretty tight.

I'd love Young coming to Seattle...should P.O. some of the 9ers fans...

ivotuk

Reaction score
redhawk253":aox0qfb0 said:
You guys do realize this was to be expected right? We just got quinn back who was our former d line coach now at d cord.. If you dont think hes going to be spending a lot of time with the d line n its gona be coached his way.. Well you prolly think flynn is worth a first rounder...

If Mike Glennon is worth a first rounder, then so is Matt Flynn.

Edit: The NY Giants org is responsible for good d line play, it's part of their philosophy to spend their capital on the DLine.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1364221f said:
Lateral move? I would say that he is making a lesser move. Either way good luck Todd. I still hate all this coach turnover we seem to have every offseason.
True, but you don't hone the knife, it isn't going to get any sharper.
If it is a lateral move?, new blood just might be what's needed at the V-Mac.
I hope we'll see an improvement.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2hfqmd4z said:
Lateral move? I would say that he is making a lesser move. Either way good luck Todd. I still hate all this coach turnover we seem to have every offseason.

Somehow....the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence. :3:

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Any guys out there with a mixed martial arts background. Teach Irvin some mad skills?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":rn5gcjdo said:
Spags? No thanks. New Orleans allowed almost 500 points on defense last year.
That is shallow analysis. IIRC, Spags wasn't on the field for any of those 500 points. Matt Hasselbeck and Alex Smith both killed that defense in the playoffs, it has been suspect for a lot longer than last year.

What about when he was DC in New York and shut down Tom Brady in the SB? What about the D-line he built in St.Louis?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1t4tdrpz said:
PlinytheCenter":1t4tdrpz said:
Spags? No thanks. New Orleans allowed almost 500 points on defense last year.
That is shallow analysis. IIRC, Spags wasn't on the field for any of those 500 points. Matt Hasselbeck and Alex Smith both killed that defense in the playoffs, it has been suspect for a lot longer than last year.

What about when he was DC in New York and shut down Tom Brady in the SB? What about the D-line he built in St.Louis?

What are these defensive lines he built in St. Loius? The ones that were near the bottom of the league in rushing yards against with middle of the road sack numbers? Renowned D-line coach Mike Waufle built the D-line in NY (like he built the D-line that went to the Super Bowl in Oakland before that) so I don't think Coach Spaghetti-O's can take any more credit for NYG's D-line performance than Darrell Bevel can take credit for Seattle's two O-line pro bowlers.

I reeeeealy don't think that Coach Spaghetti-O's is in any way qualified to be a D-line coach... but I thank you for giving me reason to say Coach Spaghetti-O's again.

Coach Spaghetti-O's!! :)

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Steve Spagnuolo's position coaching background was with DB's (primarily) and LB's, not the D-line.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Wash going with Bradley is going to totally mess up the broadcast crews during the games. They're gonna wonder why the D-line coach is wearing the headset and the head coach is coaching up the D-line.

firebee

Reaction score
I fully expected Wash to head to Jacksonville with Bradley being there and Dan Quinn coming in. Dan Quinn is a D-Line coach. I'd love to see what Dan Quinn and Bryant Young could do with the defensive line.

firebee

Reaction score
VaporHawk":3ckumdyk said:
Any guys out there with a mixed martial arts background. Teach Irvin some mad skills?

AGREED!!! Irvin's biggest problem is his use of hands and leveraging his body to stay off blocks. Some MMA would do Irvin a lot of good. Learning how to counter punches, grabs and takedowns can be applied to getting off blocks in football. Learning how to takedown and wrap up on someone can be applied to tackling. MMA isn't going to help him improve on his awareness of where the ball is or his understanding of the game, but it will improve his ability to get off blocks and improve his tackling.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
MMA and Wrestling would do most linemen good.

Wrestling in particular would be great just to learn how to keep a solid base, stay balanced and to help enforce your will on an opponent.