Is Stephen Williams the replacement for Mike Williams?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2vualkoj said:
Lot's of preseason roster spots to fill. Let's see what happens.
Yup. Either he makes the team or he's practice fodder for BB and Sherm. Either way we win.

Churn on you crazy roster...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CANHawk":xj50o7yw said:
Basis4day":xj50o7yw said:
Lot's of preseason roster spots to fill. Let's see what happens.
Yup. Either he makes the team or he's practice fodder for BB and Sherm. Either way we win.

Churn on you crazy roster...
That's it right there... and the churn goes on! I'll treat him like another body in the vicious cycle until he sticks.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for finding that youtube video. He looks very athletic, and I don't see any harm in seeing this guy compete for a spot in training camp.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
It seems there might be a bit more there than the typical "camp fodder" as so many around here like to label. Really, how many times do we hear Schneider proclaim "We got him!" regarding run-of-the-mill camp fodder. Obviously someone they've had their eye on.

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1xcg644a said:
It seems there might be a bit more there than the typical "camp fodder" as so many around here like to label. Really, how many times do we hear Schneider proclaim "We got him!" regarding run-of-the-mill camp fodder. Obviously someone they've had their eye on.

I agree with this line of thinking - it is also important to note that he may not have had much success with getting on the field with the Cardinals because he may not fit their scheme as well has he may fit ours.

CANHawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2y95i7x0 said:

Sure, but they "had their eye on" Jameson Konz and Riccardo Lockette too. Doesn't mean everyone they target is going to come in wearing a red cape and blue PJ's. As with every signing, I'll allow myself to be cautiously optimistic and hope for a Doug Baldwin "diamond in the rough" type story... but worse case scenario; we picked up a plaything for BB and Sherm to tear to pieces.

Either way we win!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
CANHawk":2hrb3h13 said:
LawlessHawk":2hrb3h13 said:

Sure, but they "had their eye on" Jameson Konz and Riccardo Lockette too. Doesn't mean everyone they target is going to come in wearing a red cape and blue PJ's. As with every signing, I'll allow myself to be cautiously optimistic and hope for a Doug Baldwin "diamond in the rough" type story... but worse case scenario; we picked up a plaything for BB and Sherm to tear to pieces.

Either way we win!

I will say this about Williams. Over the last several year's I've silently rooted for the Cardinals to NOT suck. They were like the loveable losers you see in shows. As and Idaho Vandal Fan, a former slot WR named Max Komar was signed by AZ as was Williams. So I watched all their pre-season games. Both Max and Stephen made the roster, but there was a TON of buzz surrounding Stephen Williams. At times he looked incredible.

I'm excited for this signing. Sure it may not pan out, but it's a young player with room to grow, which is much more desireable to me than washed-up vets like TO,Bryant, and Edwards. There's only 3 WR's really locked into the this Roster The other 2-3 spots are completely up for grabs.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":35sj1dhq said:
LawlessHawk":35sj1dhq said:

Either way we win!

Agreed, for sure... like I said "a bit" more than typical camp fodder.. and that's probably reading alot into Schneider's three word statement...

Wasn't Konz our late 7th round Mr. Irrelevant a couple years ago?

BASF

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":20qjbqgy said:
How is Baldwin being hurt a gimme? He got banged up good the first game and played hurt all year, but I wouldn't call him injury prone.

He was hurt all through preseason as well. He was also injured quite a bit during his Stanford years. Not the missing games type of injured, but decreasing the effectiveness injured.

DistantHawk

Reaction score
Do you think that JS' excitement at picking him up may indicate that picking a WR high in the draft won't be as high a priority? Or alternatively could it mean that he and Pete have identified the position as in need of upgrading so we'll be looking for a few other guys. Personally (and it's just a gut feeling) I think Williams will be on the roster this year.