Seahawks kickoff defense

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I can't recall the Seahawks special teams giving up any big kickoff returns this season. Am I forgetting something or is this yet another area where our team excelled?

Axx

Reaction score
our team excelled in the 2nd half of the season in every category except the area where it excelled the most in the first half of the season. The Defensive Line.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Kickoff team is really an underrated part of the game, not only for what it does preventing a big return, but also to the players who are running full speed 50 yards than slamming into an opposing player.

I've thought about doing a screenshot breakdown of a kickoff to both show the responsibilities of each player and give credit to those guys who really go unnoticed. I mean, honestly, could many people name half of the the players on kickoff and what they do, let alone all 11?

cacksman

Reaction score
They played great except for that last kickoff of the Atlanta game. When they returned it past the 30, I was scared, and rightfully so!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Barthawk":14qucfj7 said:
Cack- he ran it to the 28 and it took 6 seconds off the clock.. I for one was happy that they burned 6 seconds for 8 yards...

Probably would have taken quite a bit longer to go 8 yards and kill the next play. Or, considering the way our defense was playing, it could have given Russell an extra 6 seconds to work with...