Idzik comment

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Idzik comment
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am
  • Thought some of you might miss this from ESPN's Jets blog. Some comments about Sanchez....

    "I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it," Idzik added. "It's going to make Mark, and everybody else, better."

    Also goes on to talk about possibly Flynn being that competition.
    chrispy
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 187
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:50 am


Re: Idzik comment
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:44 am
  • http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/54839/jets-gm-comfortable-with-mark-sanchez


    I'm guessing the above link is what you are talking about.

    There really is no information in there except the fact that people assume that Flynn will be in the mix, but it also mentions they are strapped on their cap, which makes even less sense for Flynn to go there. What they need is to find a young rookie type to compete, so they can keep the cap value lower with a higher upside.
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12814
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Idzik comment
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am
  • chrispy wrote:"I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it,"


    I see he paid attention while he was here.
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11192
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


Re: Idzik comment
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:49 am
  • chrispy wrote:Thought some of you might miss this from ESPN's Jets blog. Some comments about Sanchez....

    "I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it," Idzik added. "It's going to make Mark, and everybody else, better."

    Also goes on to talk about possibly Flynn being that competition.


    Helping out a former team by pretending they're interested to increase his value perhaps? I can't see them genuinely looking to bring him in.
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 494
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


Re: Idzik comment
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am
  • Idzik may be interested in bringing Flynn in, but unless he does some serious cap cutting, he won't be able to afford it. The Jets are 22 million over the cap.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2748
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Idzik comment
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am
  • Well, if they dumped some high priced contracts and traded Revis........maybe? Nah.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10756
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Idzik comment
Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:00 pm
  • SomersetHawk wrote:
    chrispy wrote:Thought some of you might miss this from ESPN's Jets blog. Some comments about Sanchez....

    "I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it," Idzik added. "It's going to make Mark, and everybody else, better."

    Also goes on to talk about possibly Flynn being that competition.


    Helping out a former team by pretending they're interested to increase his value perhaps? I can't see them genuinely looking to bring him in.


    It wasn't Idzik who "went on to talk about Flynn" it was the author of the article who mentioned that Flynn was a rumored interest.
    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 12814
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK




It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information