Pro Bowl Perspective(s)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Pro Bowl Perspective(s)
Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:01 am
  • So, after watching the Pro Bowl, I had a few different feelings/thoughts that I think really bode well for our future, as well as a "disclaimer" for you draftniks out there.

1) When was the last time a team from Seattle had several players in an "All-Star" game, who not only looked liked they belonged, but truly perform at the highest level the NFL has to offer? ET was a mad man. RW was himself, cough perfect cough. Unger and Okung held it down. Marshawn, though this game doesn't fit him, still looked like his rugged self. Leon with a huge return. Now, I know this is a meaningless game, but it was awesome to see "our guys" look great among the league's best.

2) Referring to #1, it is so disappointing that we are not still playing (duh). We have so many young, talented pieces, that it's truly hard to not wonder "what if." 2012 will be a mixed feeling year as I think down the road it will be the turning point, as well as "what if."

3) Referring to #2 (see a trend), despite the disappointment, it is so hard to not get unbelievably giddy about the future of this team. It is so young and so talented. Now, I know the playoffs are never a guarantee, but if there's one team that I trust to not have a let down, it's PC/JS Seahawks. I think this sudden disappointment of 2012 will ultimately be the fuel that drives these young Hawks. There always seems to be a defining moment for a young team, and I think that 31 second meltdown will be it. It's a horrible feeling. One that these guys never want to feel again. And this is a group that walks the talk.

DRAFTNIK DISCLAIMER: Hopefully, many of you watched the Pro Bowl (and SEA during the playoffs). What I hope draftniks take out of this, is that a passion/love of football for prospective SEA players has to be at a premium. There was not one Seahawk in the Pro Bowl that had the "off switch." These guys love football. The "character" aspect of SEA players isn't necessarily about being a "really neat/nice guy," but rather a true love for the game of football. So, the next time you want to mock a player to SEA, with the caveat of "needs to show some passion for the game or needs to show effort," might be a good clue that they probably don't fit in SEA.

Apologies for the novel, but watching the Pro Bowl yesterday gave me a bunch of different emotions/thoughts, but ultimately, I feel so good about this team moving forward. That Russell Wilson kid is alright, huh?
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

Re: Pro Bowl Perspective(s)
Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 am
  • The best part of the Pro Bowl for me was watching ET running on the field to celebrate with RW after his first touchdown, and after Leon's return. Such a close team :D
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 am
  • IcedHawk wrote:The best part of the Pro Bowl for me was watching ET running on the field to celebrate with RW after his first touchdown, and after Leon's return. Such a close team :D

Exactly...goes back to the passion for the game. It's hard to fake that kind of passion. It's really awesome that this team is made up of so many talented guys, who love the game. We are not necessarily talking about "overachievers" with limited talent. It's scary to think of what this team is capable of. Outside of Marshawn, almost every big time contributor on the team has room for growth.

Scary for the rest of the league.
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 am
  • Man, I am so excited for this team. Russel Wilson will go down as our best draft pick in team history. He truly loves where he is, loves his team and the 12s. I don't know if anyone caught his comment during the pro bowl but he said the Seahawks have the best fans. I really think the whole team believes in this kid. The offense, defense, and STs.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am
  • Ditto to the ET showing RW some love after the TD pass. I had to do a double take when I saw who I thought was ET out on the field. Thats a good moment.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:23 am
  • I noticed when Earl was on the sidelines the AFC was able to move the ball, not so when he was in the game. When he was on the sidelines he was watching every defensive play and seemed to want to come back in after every down. All the AFC jerseys in the seats around me were shaking there heads and quiet when the NFC made big plays it was a great time to be a 12th man in the stands at Aloha Stadium.
    AKSeahawker
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:26 am
  • Mtjhoyas wrote:2) Referring to #1, it is so disappointing that we are not still playing (duh). We have so many young, talented pieces, that it's truly hard to not wonder "what if."

You'll notice that none of our Pro Bowl stars were pass rushers.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 am
  • What has me as giddy as a schoolgirl is how our team players only have one gear...GO!

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 pm
  • I loved watching Wilson throw to fitsgerald,cruz,and other top recirvers.Looked pretty effortless concidering they really didnt practice together.Really makes me think about a stud reciever.in the draft or FA.This coming from a guy who wears #18 at the games.
    piston bully
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 pm
  • I liked it when Lynch went "beast-mode" to get the needed 1st down...
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:52 pm
  • You can see the connection that Wilson and Fitzgerald are forming as well. Wilson posted a picture on Twitter the other day of him eating dinner with Fitz...pretty cool.

Oh what I would give to have Fitz on the Hawks.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 pm
  • You left out Serman. He gave up one pass catch for like 3 yards the whole game, his usual All-Pro type of performance. That said, dude is gonna cost the team come contract time. It's a very good thing the love within this team is so strong as mentioned on this thread. It may help keep him in Seattle in a reasonable price range if he doesn't decide to "test the market".
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 pm
  • Every seahawk in the pro bowl played well. I thought Russell deserved the MVP however 3 touchdowns is pretty nice. Even though Lynch only touched the ball 4 times he still had a touchdown. Just a much better pro bowl than previous years.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information