How do you feel about Richard Sherman's trash talking?

How do you feel about Sherm's trash talking?

• Doesn't bother me. He's All-Pro!

Votes: 166 88.8%
  • I don't like it (or I'm a 49er fan)

Votes: 21 11.2%

• Total voters

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I personally don't mind it. I've said time and time again that he is like the GP of the NFL. When he gets in the offense's head and makes plays like that, it puts a smile on my face. It's even more satisfying when I see opposing team's fans getting pissed off about it, yet they would probably welcome him on their team in a heartbeat.

I know some people think it's classless and unnecessary, and that it gives us a bad image.

Let's see how the opinions weigh out.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Voted out of boredom.

...is this all we're going to be talking about all off season???

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Too broad of choices. Neither of them represent my feelings on the matter.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
People are going to have their philosophical differences but as long as he's supporting the team and backing up what he says I would hope those guys sit on their hands, grit their teeth, and just enjoy the benefits of having a player of his caliber in spite of those differences. The Larry Fitzgerald demeanor isn't for everyone.

OP
OP
Hawken-Dazs

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3tg0c45l said:
Voted out of boredom.

...is this all we're going to be talking about all off season???

I made the poll out of boredom. :?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Haha, fair enough bud! I didn't mean it as a slight to you. Just the topic itself is already old and annoying.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Fine with me as long as he continues to perform like a top player on the field.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Sherman is the man . I remember thinking to myself last year around week 10 and thinking man this kid gets excited when he makes a play. Overly excited. but then week after week its how he plays great.
I hope it doesnt change and I do not mind anything he does on the field.

not arguing that he could show more respect off the field , because he defintly could.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Doesn't bug me one bit. He's never made the trash talk personal in regards to having to do with off the field stuff. It's usually always about dfootball as far as I can tell.

If he were to start calling people out in their personal lives and saying stuff about people and talking smack about things not in regards to football, then it would get on my nerves, but he doesn't do that to my knowledge.

He does some good old fashioned football smack talk, and he's not anywhere near the first to talk this much smack, and he can back it all up as good as anyone out there.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it. That's part of his personality, some guys use it to motivate themselves.

kearly

Reaction score
Love it, but I thought his recent thing against Revis was kind of crossing the line. If Seattle had been playing the Jets that week, maybe it's different. But to me it came across as not showing enough respect to one of the NFL's greatest current players.

Up until then, I thought Sherman deserved absolutely none of the shit he got from the media. Sherman is a totally cool guy that's just having fun for the most part. Plus, I think it's part of why he's so good. He's talking himself up, if you believe it you can be it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Perhaps a more telling thread would be 'How would you like Sherm's trash talking if he played for the 9ers'?

I think the honest answers would be...."not very much".

That's how I feel about it.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Couldn't care less. If he wasn't good and didn't get all-pro this year, maybe I'd say tone it down. He's a monster, though, and it makes him do even better on the field.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2ji7wo5v said:
Perhaps a more telling thread would be 'How would you like Sherm's trash talking if he played for the 9ers'?

But he does NOT play for the 9er's. So perhaps not very telling :stirthepot:

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
reluctantly voted "doesn't bother me", but what I wanted to vote for was "It kicks ass, hoping for more next year"

volsunghawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":39yidxpi said:

My response would be the same regardless of which team he played for... the dude backs it up with his play on the field. The only time trash talk ever bothers me is when it's coming from someone who is all mouth, no game. That sure as hell ain't Sherman.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Trash talking on the field is cool.

Love the attitude on the field and when he is playing. Love the swagger and confidence. Not a fan of his twitter trash talk though.