Pro Bowl, are you watching?

nategreat

Reaction score
Wow, Kyle Rudolph.... boooooo!

Oh well, dangeRUSS played a great game. MVP in my book.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":181bfx98 said:
DavidSeven":181bfx98 said:
therealjohncarlson":181bfx98 said:
AJ Green deserves it 119 yards and 3 tds

For the losing team.

I thought mvp was an individual award? He played at the beginning when the AFC was ahead anyway

As you can see, it never goes to a player on the losing team.

CEHawk

Reaction score
Well at least NFL.COM still has him on their main page, even with a new picture.... Lol

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
On Friday, I asked all the students in my classes what they were most looking forward to this weekend. Two young guys (one a Freshman another a Sophomore -- in 2 separate classes) both said [very excitedly] that they were looking forward to watching the Pro Bowl. [Both these young guys are Seahawks fans BTW -- I'm helping to foster the next generation of Hawks fans ;)] I told both of these guys that I personally hadn't watched the Pro Bowl in years.

One of them (the Sophomore) asked me why not. I laughed when he asked, saying to him, "Because those guys don't play hard. The Pro Bowl is basically 2 hand touch."

He responded by saying, "No! Two hand touch?" [In total utter surprise and amazement. Ah, so young and so naive]

"Yep", I told him, "You watch and see."

Still, he said he was looking forward to watching it. "Knock yourself out," I told him.

So, out of curiosity, I went on to ESPN tonight to check out the score ... and had to contain my laughter. I mean, it's kind of cool that Russell Wilson passed for 3 TD's and Marshawn Lynch got a score ... but GOOOOOD-NIGHT!

It'll be truly interesting to get these students' reactions to the Pro Bowl tomorrow.

For those of you out there who actually saw it, was it as bad as the score appears to indicate that it was? How hard were those guys actually playing out there?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":249aq8pl said:
On Friday, I asked all the students in my classes what they were most looking forward to this weekend. Two young guys (one a Freshman another a Sophomore -- in 2 separate classes) both said [very excitedly] that they were looking forward to watching the Pro Bowl. [Both these young guys are Seahawks fans BTW -- I'm helping to foster the next generation of Hawks fans ;)] I told both of these guys that I personally hadn't watched the Pro Bowl in years.

One of them (the Sophomore) asked me why not. I laughed when he asked, saying to him, "Because those guys don't play hard. The Pro Bowl is basically 2 hand touch."

He responded by saying, "No! Two hand touch?" [In total utter surprise and amazement. Ah, so young and so naive]

Still, he said he was looking forward to watching it. "Knock yourself out," I told him.

So, out of curiosity, I went on to ESPN tonight to check out the score ... and had to contain my laughter. I mean, it's kind of cool that Russell Wilson passed for 3 TD's and Marshawn Lynch got a score ... but GOOOOOD-NIGHT!

It'll be truly interesting to get these students' reactions to the Pro Bowl tomorrow.

For those of you out there who actually saw it, was it as bad as the score appears to indicate that it was? How hard were those guys actually playing out there?
More BLOOD spattered on a player (finger bleeding like hell) than in a regular Season game.
Most of the players were giving it hell, and hopeing like hell that the Commish. was paying attention.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
One thing we can be sure of during the "off season"....the NFL will continue to point out the abilities of our QB!!

From the front page of NFL.com....
"Russell Wilson and the NFC offense put up 62 points en route to a 27-point Pro Bowl win over the AFC on Sunday as the NFL's stars squared off in Hawaii."

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":137o3lgb said:

It was a reasonably competitive game until our guys (Wilson, Lynch, Earl, Leon) basically blew it open in the second half. I thought there was a good balance of effort and caution this time around. I'm betting your students had a great time watching all the Seahawk guys make big plays throughout the game.

Hawaiian Hawk

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and couldn't work because of the weather. So we decided to go to the Pro Bowl. Got on the net and found great seats right behind the NFC bench. Come to find out when we got to our seats, Marshawn Lynch's brother was sitting in front of us, Jahri Evans (g) family was sitting behind us and Gerald McCoy's sister and daughter were sitting next to us. We had a great time and saw the 12th man everywhere!! We thought Russel Wilson should have recieved the MVP as did most of the other fans around us but with that being said..had a great time and can't wait for next year!! Go Hawks!!

kearly

Reaction score
I get why he didn't get it. He took over when the NFC already had a 3 score lead. He only attempted 10 passes for 98 yards. The TE who won had more yards receiving than Wilson had passing.

That said, I thought Wilson was clearly the most unstoppable player in the game (Luck looked pretty good too in his last few drives). His first pro-bowl touchdown, where he dodged a sure sack from JJ Watt before narrowly eluding Geno Atkins, then hitting Doug Martin for a 28 yard touchdown was one of the biggest "wow" plays I've ever seen in a pro-bowl.

The NFC scored five times in Wilson's first five drives, and after that the NFC was basically in clock kill mode. He also went without a turnover on a day when seemingly every other QB turned the ball over at least once or twice. The NFC set a pro-bowl record for points in this game, and Wilson was the biggest reason for it.

We are really lucky to have this guy. Even in the pro-bowl he stands out.

(Lynch (TD), Washington (92 yard KR), and Earl (INT) all had terrific days too. What will the NFC team do without the Seahawks in it next year?)

chawx

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":6jzovrg0 said:

You missed out, you old fart! They played hard...enough. I hadn't been able to stomach the PBowl the last 5-6 years also, but I decided to watch because I knew Wilson would compete. And sure enough, all the Seahawks looked good out there...