Kam, Seahawk Value?

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawk45":1eaorv8v said:
Spoiled and reactionary sums up this topic for me. Good luck finding a better SS than Kam, even Kam's performance this year. I think it's okay to criticize current players, I just don't have a concern about this particular position.
Well said.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No shame for a safety to get beat by the best Tight End in NFL history. I would say tha Kam quietly performed at a lower level than last year, but he still had a solid season. But it will be interesting to see if they can resign him. If he makes it to FA I bet someone would overpay

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I think we should cut him and Earl Thomas and re-sign Brian Russell and Deon Grant

CANHawk

Reaction score
Screw everyone that wants to make Kam the new ".net whipping boy". If you think this you are a moron who deserves public shame and ridicule.

:domotwak:

McGruff

Reaction score
The Johnny come lately ruthlessness of this board is startling. Irvin and his rookie leading 8.5 sacks? Bust! Cut him! Kam as one of the top five safeties in the conference while play with a severe injury? cut him! Our leading receiver Sydney Rice? cut him too! Our defensive captian and best run defender who fought through injury as well? cut him!

We need to be adding complimentary pieces to our core players, not cutting our core players.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
McGruff":2w1dlb78 said:
The Johnny come lately ruthlessness of this board is startling. Irvin and his rookie leading 8.5 sacks? Bust! Cut him! Kam as one of the top five safeties in the conference while play with a severe injury? cut him! Our leading receiver Sydney Rice? cut him too! Our defensive captian and best run defender who fought through injury as well? cut him!

We need to be adding complimentary pieces to our core players, not cutting our core players.
Ya, I'm with you.

I don't get where this attitude is coming from. Did Kam's performance take a slight dip from the previous season? Yeah, maybe. Did Kam play through a severe foot injury? Yes. Why does there always have to be a whipping boy? No team is full of All-Pro players. This team, especially the secondary was lights out. I'd hate to see the numbers if Kam was not in the secondary. Be careful what you wish for people. If Kam "gets replaced" it's not going to be by someone of his caliber.

hawker84

Reaction score
Kams a Keeper, come on fella's. How many passes over the top were we beat for this season? .. he could tighten up on his coverage IMO, but he's definitely an asset back there, and he is extremely solid against the run...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Don't forget we drafted another large and physical SS in Winston Guy, who by all accounts tore it up in the preseason, and was better in coverage in college than Kam was. Hell, there were rumors of Kam going to OLB because Guy was playing so well at one stretch.

Kam has seen what's happened with this team. They are always drafting a guy to try to take your job; you're very rarely going to be comfortable here. Guy will get better and provide solid depth, while pushing Kam to get better. You have to realize, even after that hit to Davis in the SF game, Kam pulled up a few more times when he could've blown someone up. No one likes getting flagged for 15 yard penalties, and it also usually means that Goodell is going to get into your pocket after the game. It's hard to light someone up every time with those thoughts in the back of your mind.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2ah4hus1 said:
Don't forget we drafted another large and physical SS in Winston Guy, who by all accounts tore it up in the preseason, and was better in coverage in college than Kam was. Hell, there were rumors of Kam going to OLB because Guy was playing so well at one stretch.

Kam has seen what's happened with this team. They are always drafting a guy to try to take your job; you're very rarely going to be comfortable here. Guy will get better and provide solid depth, while pushing Kam to get better. You have to realize, even after that hit to Davis in the SF game, Kam pulled up a few more times when he could've blown someone up. No one likes getting flagged for 15 yard penalties, and it also usually means that Goodell is going to get into your pocket after the game. It's hard to light someone up every time with those thoughts in the back of your mind.

And that's cool if Guy can rise up and take the starting SS position because he's better, but we're not in a position of needing to replace Kam because he's bad. Kam is a great player and had a pretty good year last year.

Having an abundance of talented football players is never a bad thing. If Guy takes over at SS and Kam is able to fill a big need for us at Will, then that is a wonderful (and maybe even possible) thing. Not something that requires a whipping boy.

McGruff":2ah4hus1 said:

Happens when you're popular I guess. Bandwagoners are in it for the instant gratification, and when the gratification isn't instant; they go looking to assign blame. But if that's the downside of success, I can deal with it. I earned my stripes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
McGruff":1motkrkg said:

I just read every comment on this thread, and the ONLY guy who said to cut Kam was being sarcastic. So pump the brakes Cpt. Overreaction.

Good lord some of you guys are tender titties. Any negative comment on here is met with a wolf pack mentality of defensiveness, like it's a personal attack on your family.

This is a forum, full of people with their very own opinions. It's OK to disagree, that's what makes conversations interesting.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":13xb6x8m said:

Agree totally with the above. As well the tone of the conversations here seem as well to be descending into screw you type conversations instead of discussion. It is possible to disagree with another person's view without being nasty about it even if that others viewpoint may be off the wall or something you personally feel is ridiculously wrong. Let's try not to personalize the remarks and to comment on the post and not the poster.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1r24fra2 said:
McGruff":1r24fra2 said:

I just read every comment on this thread, and the ONLY guy who said to cut Kam was being sarcastic. So pump the brakes Cpt. Overreaction.

Good lord some of you guys are tender titties. Any negative comment on here is met with a wolf pack mentality of defensiveness, like it's a personal attack on your family.

This is a forum, full of people with their very own opinions. It's OK to disagree, that's what makes conversations interesting.

Read McGruff's quote. He's talking about the board not the thread.

And he is right. There is a lot of chatter on this board about people thinking Irvin will never be an everydown player (Um...Rookie?), that Red is a liability (injury), that Kam can't cover (Injury and 1 year removed from Pro-Bowl), and that Browner should be moved to SS (Because we're going to get Revis and Kam is a Liability). Is that the general feeling of the ENTIRE board? Of course not. But those are the kind of threads that are being started this time of year, and it's hard to have a conversation with positive threads that don't exist.

Opposing opinions are absolutely allowed. You said, "Any negative comment on here is met with a wolf pack mentality of defensiveness, like it's a personal attack on your family."
I know you have seen what this board is like after a loss. It goes both ways. God forbid a poster like me has something positive to say after that because i'm supposed to let other posters "vent".

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":q4ehu8ur said:
Read McGruff's quote. He's talking about the board not the thread.

I've read all the threads, again no one said cut anybody.......except the sarcastic dude who said it as a joke or troll.......or both. People have asked the question about individual players if they were worth the draft pick? Or worth the money they're being paid? Or worthy of a starting position? Or what's wrong with certain players cause their productivity dropped off? But no cut talk warranting a full on forum freak out.

I love the passion, but it's annoying when posters exaggerate what others are saying so they can get up on their soapbox and use lots of bold and exclamation points.........like their the lone protector of everything Seahawk.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawks46":1lp7i531 said:

The only rumors were those spread by stupid fanboys. I saw enough of Guy in the Falcons game to know he isn't half the player Kam is, either in coverage or sending the run.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
McGruff":3486wnry said:
The only rumors were those spread by stupid fanboys. I saw enough of Guy in the Falcons game to know he isn't half the player Kam is, either in coverage or sending the run.

+1. I follow his Twitter feed and I'm not liking his approach to the post season either. Winston Guy that is.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":es693x1i said:
McGruff":es693x1i said:

+1. I follow his Twitter feed and I'm not liking his approach to the post season either. Winston Guy that is.
What? Going to Six Flags along with Korey Toomer and 2 fine ladies?

bellingerga

Reaction score
hawk45":3a0huxl0 said:
Spoiled and reactionary sums up this topic for me. Good luck finding a better SS than Kam, even Kam's performance this year. I think it's okay to criticize current players, I just don't have a concern about this particular position.

This kind of sums it up perfectly for me.

TJH

Reaction score
McGruff":1bag331k said:
The Johnny come lately ruthlessness of this board is startling. Irvin and his rookie leading 8.5 sacks? Bust! Cut him!

Yet these posts are just as dumb. Nobody said to cut him and you know it, but you can't make your point without sensationalising it to hell.

Latest posts