Did Zach Miller and Sidney Rice earn their 2012 salary?

Did Zach Miller and Sidney Rice earn their 2012 salary?

• Yes, both

Votes: 119 85.0%
  • Just Zach

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • Just Sid

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Last year during the 2011 season, most of us felt like we overpaid for our two new signed offensive weapons. We probably expected Pro Bowl caliber play out of Zach Miller, and a #1 target in Sidney Rice.

Do you think they earned every penny in the 2012 season?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sidney kind of fell off towards the end but Miller earned his paycheck just from those 2 playoff games IMO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I don't believe Rice was as effective in the later half of the Season.
Miller was especially clutch in the last two playoff games, and it seemed to me that Wilson was doing some real damage because of the ability of Miller to getting open with greater frequency going down to the wire.

drdiags

Reaction score
They earned as much as their offensive game-planning allowed. Some folks may think Rice isn't a true #1 but he did enough to add punch to the offense. He and Tate's TD numbers were not bad and could have been much higher if the throttle had been opened sooner. I guess we won't know how the FO feels about either of these player's season until after the draft and before training camp.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm still skeptical of Rice. With that, still say he earned his money.

Miller did, of course. Any TE who can block a DE, alone, AND catch does. He may be the most ubderrated, badass on team.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Did you earn every penny of your salary every second of everyday you were at work?

I think both Miller and Rice left it all out on the field. Good for them.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I think they both earned their salary, for sure. Zach especially earned his salary in the division game by playing miraculously with a torn plantar fascia. Fricking boss.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Both these dudes played their balls off. ALl Syd would have had to do was play every game for me to think he earned it, which he did. That is HUGE. Both these guys will be better next year with their second year of RW. Trust it. Tony G was the only guy I would have wanted above Miller down the stretch. Kid was playing lights out at the end.

The Outfield

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":371zptk5 said:
Both these guys will be better next year with their second year of RW. Trust it.

I agree, especially since the playbook was opened up so slowly for RW. I expect much more yardage for these guys next season.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Both earned it.

Miller goes all out in blocking and seems to make all of the receiving plays he asked to make. What more could you ask your TE to do? All he did was make huge plays all season. Seems like a great team guy, too.

Sidney set himself apart as the undisputed #1 receiver on this team, won the NE game with a beautiful deep route in the 4th, and put his body on the line to win us the Chicago game. He also showed up on every game day despite being either limited or out in practice for good chunk of the season due to various injuries.

Like others have said, these guys have made plays when the offensive play calling has allowed them to. Would you want to lose either next season? Didn't think so.

chris98251

Reaction score
GoHawks":1mu5wf1q said:
We didn't make to the superbowl did we?

S.F. didn't last year either but look what it did to get them focused on getting there this year. Rice wants it and isn't playing Diva, making plays when they are there to make and his down field blocking is just as important as his catches on this team although it never gets mentioned.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
They both did a great job given the limitations of the offense. Miller really came on at the end and will be a force next year. I'm thinking he goes back to the Pro Bowl. Now that he has a QB to get him the ball he's been lights out. Same with Sidney.

Axx

Reaction score
Rice was our most consistent WR all year long, he had a key drop again Atlanta but it was flagged anyways so it didnt matter.
Alot of people are just noticing Zack Miller but I've noticed his play making all year long. He is a absolute beast of a run blocker and has the best hands on our team hands down, i dont think iv'e ever seen drop anything.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Seriously, Rice was open so many times but wasn't targeted. I think his numbers go up next year provided he remains healthy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
RW will do well with a #1 who is willing to spend a lot of time watching tape with him. Rice may be that guy. at worst he would be an outstanding #2 and as some have pointed out his numbers dipped mostly because our young QB was learning on the job and It looked like Rice was on board with that fact.

hawk45

Reaction score
drdiags":2kkypp8n said:
They earned as much as their offensive game-planning allowed. Some folks may think Rice isn't a true #1 but he did enough to add punch to the offense. He and Tate's TD numbers were not bad and could have been much higher if the throttle had been opened sooner. I guess we won't know how the FO feels about either of these player's season until after the draft and before training camp.

This. The Atlanta game was a microcosm of the season, at least for Rice. In the first half it was all conservative and it seemed like Rice and Tate weren't even out there. In the 2nd half we gave the ball to RW and let him fling it around, and Rice, Tate, and everyone were making catches left and right. I think the coaches should just let Russell think deep every play if he wants to and not be afraid of pulling the trigger on Rice's deeper routes.

Bipolar

Reaction score
Sidney Rice was routinely getting separation and was missed by RW who preferred to scramble/run vs gunning it from the pocket. I've seen way too many replays of him being open, and being frustrated that the ball simply wasn't there. so yes, stats are deceiving. he did haul in a bunch of spectacular catches when it counted the most, so I'd say he did earn every penny.

Zach Miller is, without any doubt, is a top 10 (if not top 5) TE in the leage. he is worth every penny no matter how you slice it.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Bipolar":1qus7ycg said:
Sidney Rice was routinely getting separation and was missed by RW who preferred to scramble/run vs gunning it from the pocket. I've seen way too many replays of him being open, and being frustrated that the ball simply wasn't there. so yes, stats are deceiving. he did haul in a bunch of spectacular catches when it counted the most, so I'd say he did earn every penny.

Zach Miller is, without any doubt, is a top 10 (if not top 5) TE in the leage. he is worth every penny no matter how you slice it.

Some of the time Rice got ridiculous separation was after the pass pro broke down and left RW scrambling.