Rumor: Hawks 'highly interested' in acquiring Darrelle Revis

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Quibble over the $16m/yr figure and the "two elite DB's for the price of 1.5" all you like


    In fairness I only made that point to show it was affordable and what the benefit of such a deal would be, not as a caveat for why they should make a trade.


    Fair enough. But is it really affordable in light of the many future contracts coming up? We've got a ton of defensive talent to re-up.
    GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

    Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 11594
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • I think it's affordable if you want to do it because you want Revis and buy into the argument that lends itself to making the deal. Personally I'd rather sign Randy Starks and be aggressive in the draft.
    User avatar
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8278
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am



  • Do it only if it obviously makes sense... for the right value, you do this. But there is no reason to go over board for Revis
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

    "Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 507
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


  • Ok here's the initial thought on what it would take to get him based on a artical from PFT that has a inside source so to speak.

    They’re going to ask for two [first-round picks],’’ the source said, which coincidentally is the same package they got for receiver Keyshawn Johnson 13 years ago. “It’s going to take probably a first and a third [round pick] and salary . . . picking up the money end of it is a big consideration as well. Maybe a throw-in seventh-round pick depending on how well he does.’’
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • If Revis finds out he's not quite as fast as he once was due to the injury, you might see him specifically look for a team to sign him to a big contact this year, since that would be the smart move considering the risk of potentially falling big-time if he thinks he might not be the same CB, as he'd have to showcase his skills this coming season to get the gigantic contract in FA.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26911
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • The Seahawks are 'highly interested' by default whether you're in the CFL, in college, an RB with character issues, or one of the best CBs in the league. How truly interested can we be? We have no idea, and that's the point of the way we operate.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 683
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 pm


  • I don't see anything wrong with a 1 year rental....
    so long as it only costs Flynn and a 3rd rounder or so.

    anything more and im not interested.
    in fact, i would rather not negotiate a contract. let him determine his own value while we go on a superbowl run. i he plays like a 15 million$ player we will win the superbowl and all is worth it (even if he walks and all we're left with is a 3rd round compensatory pick and a championship.
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • "They’re going to ask for two [first-round picks],’’ the source said, which coincidentally is the same package they got for receiver Keyshawn Johnson 13 years ago. “It’s going to take probably a first and a third [round pick] and salary . . . picking up the money end of it is a big consideration as well. Maybe a throw-in seventh-round pick depending on how well he does.’’

    This is what they are rumored to be asking for a 1 year rental.

    This is called stupid trades 101 for any GM that does it.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:"They’re going to ask for two [first-round picks],’’ the source said, which coincidentally is the same package they got for receiver Keyshawn Johnson 13 years ago. “It’s going to take probably a first and a third [round pick] and salary . . . picking up the money end of it is a big consideration as well. Maybe a throw-in seventh-round pick depending on how well he does.’’

    This is what they are rumored to be asking for a 1 year rental.

    This is called stupid trades 101 for any GM that does it.


    agreed. whatever gm does this is a loser. Two 1sts....bwahaahahahaa
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • No thank you. Too much risk with his recent injury history and new found diva attitude. Shortly after holding out and getting his new contract, he said he would consider holding out again. Then he has hamstring problems because he held out and missed camp. Now there are rumors he wants 16 million a year? Not worth the risk and that us too much money for one player who is not a QB.

    Revis is NOT a team player, I want him nowhere near my Seahawks.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 9171
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • chris98251 wrote:"They’re going to ask for two [first-round picks],’’ the source said, which coincidentally is the same package they got for receiver Keyshawn Johnson 13 years ago. “It’s going to take probably a first and a third [round pick] and salary . . . picking up the money end of it is a big consideration as well. Maybe a throw-in seventh-round pick depending on how well he does.’’

    This is what they are rumored to be asking for a 1 year rental.

    This is called stupid trades 101 for any GM that does it.



    Actually, a 1st and a 2.

    I can see a 1st and Flynn. Wouldn't be stupid trade either if it means Superbowl.
    With Sherman and Revis, you have eliminated opposing air attack, leaves you free to drop more around the LOS and your variables of what you can do would be awesome. All your passing would be funneled down the middle in ET territory.. end game.

    Any GM that doesn't give it a looksie is called stupid.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 311
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


  • It would be a dumb move for the jets.

    I see so many suggestions that packaging flynn with a pick will somehow get you revis or fitz. Those are two of the best players in the league and somehow we are going to get them for matt flynn? You want revis or fitz, you're going to need to package an Earl Thomas.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3473
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • We are Super bowl contenders now, there is no gaurentees you make it no matter how you stack your team up. Our biggest issue was internal pass rush. Trade away the top end of your draft for your back up QB your top two picks for a big mouth injured not cleared to play yet CB that is marginally better then what you already have.

    This organazation is building to make several runs at a Super Bowl not be one and done.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Basis4day wrote:It would be a dumb move for the jets.

    I see so many suggestions that packaging flynn with a pick will somehow get you revis or fitz. Those are two of the best players in the league and somehow we are going to get them for matt flynn? You want revis or fitz, you're going to need to package an Earl Thomas.


    I think this (and not Revis's contratct) summarizes the whole situation.
    If you are correct, which you very likely may be, than this whole Revis thing is not even worth discussing.

    However, if for whatever reason the Jets are "highly interested" in Matt Flynn (which though you doubt IS possible) than Revis is worth talking about. That still doesn't mean this is the right move, but if a superbowl is goal A, B and C than we should at least conversate with the Jets to see what kind of a deal it would take to get Revis.

    I wouldn't even trade a first rounder, but if perhaps a 3rd, Flynn, and a player with potential (such as Jeremy Lane) could get the job done than I don't see how you don't make this move.

    I would not make that deal if I were the Jets, but would not give much more than that if I were the Hawks.
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • chris98251 wrote:We are Super bowl contenders now, there is no gaurentees you make it no matter how you stack your team up. Our biggest issue was internal pass rush. Trade away the top end of your draft for your back up QB your top two picks for a big mouth injured not cleared to play yet CB that is marginally better then what you already have.

    This organazation is building to make several runs at a Super Bowl not be one and done.


    Good point, but your making Revis sound like chopped liver.
    That's way off base, but your point is still solid.
    I would not send any first round picks for Revis and that likely takes us out of the equation. If it does not, however, this deal is still worth considering. No doubt.
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • Until he returns to the form before injury he isn't better then anyone we have. Thats the biggest question. I don't think you take a flier on a guy that may be two years away from being back up to speed at his cost and at the disruption of chemistry.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Peyton manning.

    Not exactly apples and apples, but not apples and cucumbers either.
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • There is a long history of players with knee injuries not being back to from until the second year, they are asking to trade him as is now before they have to pay his roster bonus. Manning took 1 1/2 years plus to come back, Peterson was an enigma and did something that was not projected. A player that relies completly on his burst, speed, change of direction and stress on ligements to do all those things is a gamble that isn't necessary for this team.

    He could be 100 percent, but do you discard a full house hoping to draw a straight flush?
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:There is a long history of players with knee injuries not being back to from until the second year, they are asking to trade him as is now before they have to pay his roster bonus. Manning took 1 1/2 years plus to come back, Peterson was an enigma and did something that was not projected. A player that relies completly on his burst, speed, change of direction and stress on ligements to do all those things is a gamble that isn't necessary for this team.

    He could be 100 percent, but do you discard a full house hoping to draw a straight flush?


    No, but if you have 5 aces and a pair of 2's you could trade an ace and you 2's for a couple of kings....
    ok....i think it just got weird....lol
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • If this were the old seahawks.... maybe, but I feel like this team has more potential than what Reevis could bring. I am happy with our DB situation.
    strohmin
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 490
    Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm


  • bestfightstory wrote:Flynn and Browner or Lane (Jets choice) and our 2nd for Revis and the Jets 3rd.

    IF and I repeat.... IF we are interested. That is what we are offering. You know it as well as I do.



    jets will probably get 2 1st round draft picks for Revis and they need a lot more than 1 or 2 players they are self destructing worse each year... (I would say I hate it if it wasn't for the fact I love watching them IMPLODE.. be like you guys watching the 49ers implode lol)
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 290
    Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 am


  • You guys dont need him and he would ruin your cap
    TheWest
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am


  • if Browner expects a pro-bowler type contract when he resigns, the trade starts to make more sense as I don't think he's anywhere near that kind of value
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 888
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


  • bigcc wrote:if Browner expects a pro-bowler type contract when he resigns, the trade starts to make more sense as I don't think he's anywhere near that kind of value


    No, but he should probably seek A LOT more than his current contract.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3473
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • I"m not sure on this Revis,
    But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

    You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
    YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.
    User avatar
    Bobblehead
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 311
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am


  • Bobblehead wrote:I"m not sure on this Revis,
    But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

    You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
    YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.


    Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

    As much as a Madden like fantasy as this is, it's just not going to happen.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3473
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • Basis4day wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:I"m not sure on this Revis,
    But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

    You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
    YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.


    Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

    As much as a Madden like fantasy as this is, it's just not going to happen.


    If we do get Revis, Don't you think we will have a new answer for pass catching TE's. His name is Brandon Browner.
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

    "Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 507
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


  • skater18000 wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:I"m not sure on this Revis,
    But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

    You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
    YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.


    Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

    As much as a Madden like fantasy as this is, it's just not going to happen.


    If we do get Revis, Don't you think we will have a new answer for pass catching TE's. His name is Brandon Browner.


    Nope. I don't see Browner as a slot guy. It's a different position, different skill set. If by some act of God we did get Revis, i would expect Browner to be traded.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3473
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • skater18000 wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:I"m not sure on this Revis,
    But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

    You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
    YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.


    Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

    As much as a Madden like fantasy as this is, it's just not going to happen.


    If we do get Revis, Don't you think we will have a new answer for pass catching TE's. His name is Brandon Browner.

    I have been floating that idea for awhile now, but the performance Browner had in the playoffs suggests now is not the time to move him to a safety role. When he loses a step he can move to safety, but not yet.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11939
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • skater18000 wrote:
    Basis4day wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:I"m not sure on this Revis,
    But I do know, you have Revis and Sherman

    You have something that is unheard of in the NFL, No one had ever had these two type of shutdown players in the same backfield and with ET back for safty YOU do not have a threat of Outside receivers at all.
    YOu have just eliminated the passing in a passing league.


    Even the best CB's get burned. It happens. The league is also trending towards pass catching TE's. It wasn't your traditional #1 Wide receiver threat that burned us in the passing game. It was slot receivers and TEs.

    As much as a Madden like fantasy as this is, it's just not going to happen.


    If we do get Revis, Don't you think we will have a new answer for pass catching TE's. His name is Brandon Browner.


    I think revis could slide inside with browner coming in off the bench to cover outside.
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • If we bring in Revis (More likely then people think, I'd say about a 20% chance) There is something to be said about...

    1. Kam Chancellor's positioning (WLB or Nickle Coverage LB to cover Slower TE's and RB's)

    2. Brandon Browner? ( He could play Safety in man coverage in our cover 1 situations with Earl back there, he could also play #2 CB outside in nickle situations with Revis inside as he has the speed to run with anyone and can cover anyone big or small, <--- Revis that is...)

    3. Leroy and Tru (Probably can kiss Leroy and Tru goodbye, as they are are already likely to leave as it is).

    4. Sherman on regular downs ( Does he move to RCB because he is a great fit at LCB already, not good to change an all pro around 2 much, but I believe the affects would be minuscule.

    5. Kam Chancellors Role? (If somehow Brandon Browner is moved to SS and he moves to LB or Nickle LB and Browner becomes a great SS then what happens to Kam? Of course if he is a force at LB then he can play there but if it doesn't work out to well what does that make Kam???)
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 507
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


  • skater18000 wrote:If we bring in Revis (More likely then people think, I'd say about a 20% chance) There is something to be said about...

    1. Kam Chancellor's positioning (WLB or Nickle Coverage LB to cover Slower TE's and RB's)

    2. Brandon Browner? ( He could play Safety in man coverage in our cover 1 situations with Earl back there, he could also play #2 CB outside in nickle situations with Revis inside as he has the speed to run with anyone and can cover anyone big or small, <--- Revis that is...)

    3. Leroy and Tru (Probably can kiss Leroy and Tru goodbye, as they are are already likely to leave as it is).

    4. Sherman on regular downs ( Does he move to RCB because he is a great fit at LCB already, not good to change an all pro around 2 much, but I believe the affects would be minuscule.

    5. Kam Chancellors Role? (If somehow Brandon Browner is moved to SS and he moves to LB or Nickle LB and Browner becomes a great SS then what happens to Kam? Of course if he is a force at LB then he can play there but if it doesn't work out to well what does that make Kam???)


    It's just silly to speculate, but.....
    I don't think anyone changes position at all.
    Your points number 2 and 3 would be accurate, we still replace Leroy with a draft pick and as Revis has been known to shadow specific receivers Sherman could remain where he is.
    joeshaney
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 308
    Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:10 pm


  • skater18000 wrote:If we bring in Revis (More likely then people think, I'd say about a 20% chance)


    I think your estimate is about 21% too high.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8442
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • volsunghawk wrote:
    skater18000 wrote:If we bring in Revis (More likely then people think, I'd say about a 20% chance)


    I think your estimate is about 21% too high.


    Since 5 teams were cited in the article as interested (NE, SF, DEN, BUF, SEA) he is assuming that we have a 1 in 5 chance.

    Sorry. Not going to happen. CB is not our area of need, at all.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3473
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • Revis...."hey Butthead....should I join the Sea-hawks?"

    Butthead...."mmmm...a hehehe....hehehe...did you say Sea-Cocks?.....heheh...heheh
    Hey Cardinals..........The FUN is OVER !!!
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 25528
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: Mmmmm...Roasted Cardinal


  • Why are we even "interested"?

    Here's why:

    1. Pete Carroll thinking something needs to be changed on our Defense

    2. He isn't into any of the DB'S in this draft

    3. He has an idea! (When Pete has his idea's he is usually prepared to pull the trigger)

    4. (Maybe) He thinks Revis can be our version of Charles Woodson and a more dominant version at that. (Nickleback, Cornerback, Saftey)
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 507
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


  • Maybe you should put Madden away, he has made changes on defesne new line coach new coordinator. Our problem for the 1000000000000000000000000099th time is not our damn secondary.

    How do you know he doesn't like any DB's in the draft? is there an inside source who knows someone that is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?

    Woodson is a guy that was brought in to lead the secondary there. We have leaders.

    Lastly until you can run and cover again you ain't dominating anything. Also you better prove it before anyone gives you 6 million a year, thats 5.5 million more then the BEST CB in the league is making.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 11657
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • chris98251 wrote:Maybe you should put Madden away, he has made changes on defesne new line coach new coordinator. Our problem for the 1000000000000000000000000099th time is not our damn secondary.

    How do you know he doesn't like any DB's in the draft? is there an inside source who knows someone that is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?

    Woodson is a guy that was brought in to lead the secondary there. We have leaders.

    Lastly until you can run and cover again you ain't dominating anything. Also you better prove it before anyone gives you 6 million a year, thats 5.5 million more then the BEST CB in the league is making.


    Answer this question... Why are we wasting our time if there is no trick up Pete Carroll and John Schneider's sleeves? Only reason we would do this is 2 bluff at a bidding war, which is dumb...
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

    "Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 507
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


  • How do you know we are wasting any time on this?

    All we know is there was some talk that we were interested. We don't know how substantial either our interest or the report are.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • Oh we're 20% interested!
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

    "Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 507
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


  • skater18000 wrote:Why are we even "interested"?

    Here's why:

    1. Pete Carroll thinking something needs to be changed on our Defense

    2. He isn't into any of the DB'S in this draft

    3. He has an idea! (When Pete has his idea's he is usually prepared to pull the trigger)

    4. (Maybe) He thinks Revis can be our version of Charles Woodson and a more dominant version at that. (Nickleback, Cornerback, Saftey)


    Pretty sure that the "somethings" that may need changing on defense are pretty obvious to anyone who watched last season. Pass rush all along the D-line and OLB. The secondary was outstanding and the bright spot on the defense, and we're rocking the best secondary in the entire NFL for PEANUTS. No need to bring in a high priced diva with an injury history to screw that up.

    Again, I'd say that your "20%" idea based on the fact that we are 1 of 5 teams rumored to have an interest in Revis is 21% too high. Do you want to know why our team was connected with Revis? One word. Idzik.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8442
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • chris98251 wrote:Maybe you should put Madden away, he has made changes on defesne new line coach new coordinator. Our problem for the 1000000000000000000000000099th time is not our damn secondary.

    How do you know he doesn't like any DB's in the draft? is there an inside source who knows someone that is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?

    Woodson is a guy that was brought in to lead the secondary there. We have leaders.

    Lastly until you can run and cover again you ain't dominating anything. Also you better prove it before anyone gives you 6 million a year, thats 5.5 million more then the BEST CB in the league is making.


    true, but the Nickel slot position needs to be ironed out.. it was clearly a big whole in our pass coverage. whether we bring someone in to fill it, use somebody already on the roster, or move people around, it needs to be addressed... don't think we use a draft pick on it with so many good CB's already on the roster.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • volsunghawk wrote:
    skater18000 wrote:Why are we even "interested"?

    Here's why:

    1. Pete Carroll thinking something needs to be changed on our Defense

    2. He isn't into any of the DB'S in this draft

    3. He has an idea! (When Pete has his idea's he is usually prepared to pull the trigger)

    4. (Maybe) He thinks Revis can be our version of Charles Woodson and a more dominant version at that. (Nickleback, Cornerback, Saftey)

    Pass rush all along the D-line and OLB.


    Clearly they will address the pass rush, but maybe they think Kam is a LB and its only a mattter of time until he is switched... I'll say this there is a better chance Kam becomes the WLB next year than us trading for Revis. Kam's run fits are really good and his LOS play is very LB like and we know about SPEED at LB!!!
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

    "Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 507
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


  • skater18000 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:
    skater18000 wrote:Why are we even "interested"?

    Here's why:

    1. Pete Carroll thinking something needs to be changed on our Defense

    2. He isn't into any of the DB'S in this draft

    3. He has an idea! (When Pete has his idea's he is usually prepared to pull the trigger)

    4. (Maybe) He thinks Revis can be our version of Charles Woodson and a more dominant version at that. (Nickleback, Cornerback, Saftey)

    Pass rush all along the D-line and OLB.


    Clearly they will address the pass rush, but maybe they think Kam is a LB and its only a mattter of time until he is switched... I'll say this there is a better chance Kam becomes the WLB next year than us trading for Revis. Kam's run fits are really good and his LOS play is very LB like and we know about SPEED at LB!!!


    There's an equal chance of those things happening. The letter 'Z' is involved.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8442
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • I guess this can be officially put to rest after the twitter battle today between Sherm and Revis.
    User avatar
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 335
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am


  • SuperHawks wrote:I guess this can be officially put to rest after the twitter battle today between Sherm and Revis.

    Honestly, I want Revis here even more now. It would just ramp up the competition aspect even more and can you imagine practices with each trying to outdo the other.
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7487
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


  • -The Glove- wrote:
    SuperHawks wrote:I guess this can be officially put to rest after the twitter battle today between Sherm and Revis.

    Honestly, I want Revis here even more now. It would just ramp up the competition aspect even more and can you imagine practices with each trying to outdo the other.


    I'm having more trouble envisioning the cap hell that that move would put on the team.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    User avatar
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3473
    Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 am


  • Today's Twitter war between Revis and Sherman (that Revis started) pretty much guarantees this is never happening. :)
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26911
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Unless they're in cahoots on a major punk on the media and giving us fans some off season entertainment... Revis now has about as good a chance as Lloyd Christmas at becoming a Seahawk.
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 977
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:42 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online